Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People make note of various things and judge them. Tis the way of the world.

My experiences have been what they are, which is humans can react in ways that don't align with my own or someone else's expectations and it just might not mean what I think it means.

IMO

When my deceased MIL found out her cancer had returned after being cancer free for almost 20 years she became reclusive. She had always been a very vibrant beautiful woman and this time it ravaged her; spread from her lungs to her spine to her brain.

She never came to our daughter's wedding and neither did her husband. She didn't want anyone to see her the way she was. I never laid eyes on her and neither did her grandchildren from the time she was diagnosed till the time she died 8 months later. Nobody gave a damn about what she looked like but it was important to her for us to remember her in good times. We respected her decision but ultimately everyone felt cheated by her absence.

I’m not sure that’s factual. My understanding was she taught until she had children. She was not employed as a teacher up until they moved to CO, iirc. I don’t have a link but perhaps someone else remembers this?
Ed:sp

I agree.

If memory serves, I read that she worked from around 1995-1999 as a teacher in Indiana, and then quit working to stay home when she had her first daughter.

Someone may have that link handy…I don't have it to hand.

JMO.

I beg to differ. Chemo almost always occurs during daylight hours on weekdays and cancer treatment can be quite expensive. If there is only one earner in the family, the burden is on that person to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table, lights on, health insurance active and copays and deductibles paid.

People in healthy, mature relationships understand that the end often justified the means.

DBM- duplicate

So the neighbor heard a loud continuous (my interpretation) noise in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day weekend. It had to have been really loud to have woken her up as she’s hard of hearing. It sounds like it was some sort of construction equipment.

She heard the equipment for about half an hour. The sound stopped as she opened the door, and she didn’t go out to investigate.

Tyson was shocked by how open BM was as he was giving all his theories. “He was on a roll, and I didn’t say much.”

Detectives told Lauren they had to obtain a second warrant to search the house. Lauren says “that’s not easy to do without probable cause.”

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, I think we determined many threads ago that SM had not been active in the education world in Indiana for many years so she did not give up a full-time teaching career in the move to Colorado.

We do know that she was reportedly doing substitute teaching at a Christian school in Colorado, and last night we learned from a friend interviewed by Fox21 that SM was very active with Young Life leadership.

I do not perceive SM as being an unhappy, bored, homemaker. Quite the opposite-- I think she was a smart, strong-willed woman that may have been contemplating a change in her life. A change that may not have included BM. MOO

YL Mission: Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.

About Young Life
Ok. Factually she was a school teacher in Indiana before moving to CO. two years ago.

SM was a middle school teacher in Indiana before moving to CO two years ago.

Search for former Indiana teacher in Colorado focuses on area where personal item found

BM Uncle described her as "one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.” He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person.

Search for former Indiana teacher in Colorado focuses on area where personal item found
I’m not sure that’s factual.

My understanding was she taught until she had children. She was not employed as a teacher up until they moved to CO, iirc. I don’t have a link but perhaps someone else remembers this?
Ed:sp

I am unsure where the idea that she taught until she had children came from. Nor can I find any information on her substituting in CO. Posting supporting articles with statements is very helpful, and stops the spread of rumors and false information. I have been guilty of repeating comments without verifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1