Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I just assumed they had a second warrant based on what our verified lawyers said @gitana1 @riolove77

Me, too, but some posters are more concrete and need confirmation from MSM in order to accept information as being factual.

We now can categorically state that there were two separate search warrants executed at the house, per MSM.

Guess that means Barry didn't just throw open the front doors and invite LE in, after all.

JMO.

Last edited:
So the neighbor heard a loud continuous noise in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day weekend. It had to have been really loud to have woken her up as she’s hard of hearing. It sounds like it was some sort of construction equipment.

She heard the equipment for about half an hour. The sound stopped as she opened the door, and she didn’t go out to investigate.

Tyson was shocked by how open BM was as he was giving all his theories. “He was on a roll, and I didn’t say much.”

Detectives told Lauren they had to obtain a second warrant to search the house. Lauren says “that’s not easy to do without probable cause.”
I missed the first part of the segment. Loud continuous noise in the middle of the night? Coming from the Morphew home or did she not know? One would hope LE searches would include cadaver dogs to uncover or rule out certain suspicious actions.

I’m not sure that’s factual. My understanding was she taught until she had children. She was not employed as a teacher up until they moved to CO, iirc. I don’t have a link but perhaps someone else remembers this?
Ed:sp
In the early part of the investigation, I read that too, that Suzanne taught school for a few years until she had her first daughter. I have not read/heard anything of a career in recent years.

So the neighbor heard a loud continuous noise in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day weekend. It had to have been really loud to have woken her up as she’s hard of hearing. It sounds like it was some sort of construction equipment.

She heard the equipment for about half an hour. The sound stopped as she opened the door, and she didn’t go out to investigate.

Tyson was shocked by how open BM was as he was giving all his theories. “He was on a roll, and I didn’t say much.”

Detectives told Lauren they had to obtain a second warrant to search the house. Lauren says “that’s not easy to do without probable cause.”
lavender bolding mine
Thanks for this.

Oooohhhh... there's good, hard evidence --Imo.
We just don't know what it is yet.

I don't think I'll be eating any crow very soon !
MOO

I missed the first part of the segment. Loud continuous noise in the middle of the night? Coming from the Morphew home or did she not know? One would hope LE searches would include cadaver dogs to uncover or rule out certain suspicious actions.
This is the neighbor of the construction site that was dug up, not the Morphew home.

She didn’t say continuous, but that was the implication. It sounds like it was some sort of machinery, and it was running at an odd hour.

This would have been the basis for that 3 day search.

I believe I know what I am reacting to regarding BM and SM's chemotherapy and it's not that he was not physically present.

I seriously doubt that SM was receiving daily infusions causing BM a huge inconvenience. I don't like that when BM was there, he did not seem to be very supportive, and it was obvious to others he did not want to be there. I think his presence probably made SM uncomfortable, and I think he made the other patients uncomfortable too.

I think the truth of your character shows up during the time you are doing something you don't want to do out of love and respect for somebody else.

I think BM is missing that gene.

That is what bothers me.

What BM sells is not what you get.

MOO

This is the neighbor of the construction site that was dug up, not the Morphew home.

She didn’t say continuous, but that was the implication. It sounds like it was some sort of machinery, and it was running at an odd hour.

Yes, and I very much doubt it was the builder and his foreman/woman. I imagine Chaffee County has noise bylaws? Any loud noises like that are prohibited from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. where I live. JMO

I believe I know what I am reacting to regarding BM and SM's chemotherapy and it's not that he was not physically present.

I seriously doubt that SM was receiving daily infusions causing BM a huge inconvenience. I don't like that when BM was there, he did not seem to be very supportive, and it was obvious to others he did not want to be there. I think his presence probably made SM uncomfortable, and I think he made the other patients uncomfortable too.

I think the truth of your character shows up during the time you are doing something you don't want to do out of love and respect for somebody else.

I think BM is missing that gene.

That is what bothers me.

What BM sells is not what you get.

MOO

My dad always said “character is judged in a dark room”.

I am sure LE knows probably who was running the equipment and why! Very interesting!
Agreed.
Veeerrryyy interesting.
And I'm betting it wasn't the crew foreman or an employee who wanted to get an early start. ;)

Me, too, but some posters are more concrete and need confirmation.

We now have that here.

Confirmed that there were two separate search warrants executed at the house.

Guess that means Barry didn't throw open the front doors and invite LE in either time.

JMO.
bbm
Yep.

He may have told LE they were barred from searching the residence and to go away --- but BM might have added : why weren't LE looking at the area where the bike was found (?) ; or in a mountain lion's cave; or a random, bushy-haired stranger who'd probably abducted Suzanne ?
Why search his home at all ?

Pretty sure the conversation didn't go like that, LE aren't playing around.
MOO

So the neighbor heard a loud continuous (my interpretation) noise in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day weekend. It had to have been really loud to have woken her up as she’s hard of hearing. It sounds like it was some sort of construction equipment.

Middle of the night, h'mm, that's interesting. Wonder if they picked up his car then on CCTV .... those webcams aren't the best when it's dark, so not sure what would show up .... or maybe his car didn't show up at all, someone else's .... very interesting piece of info though. What on earth would that machinery have been doing?
Was able to watch that live too :)

I didn't hear the neighbor lady say what day/night she heard all this noise.

Just that it was "Mother's Day weekend."

JMO.

I didn't hear the neighbor lady say what day/night she heard all this noise.

Just that it was "Mother's Day weekend."

JMO.
Yes. No specificity as to the precise time or day.

Logically, it had to have been in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday or Sunday.

ETA: I think “middle of the night” was my interpretation, as she seemed exasperated by the timing of it, and was sleeping.

I have been following this case from the beginning and it really touches a nerve with me as well. I think because I am in that age group with 2 children, long term marriage, etc. Anyway, while in general in these cases it is usually the spouse and it very well could be in this case, I don't believe that there has been anywhere near enough information to make an "informed" decision on who caused SM to disappear. We literally know nothing except that a woman disappeared and searches were done. I too am surprised how much hate has gone BM's way with knowing next to nothing about the case. JMO!
DBM

Thanks! Somehow with the discussion of the 2nd SW and then this, which I missed, I thought it was the Morphew home.
I had to go back and refresh my memory on this property and the connection to Suzanne. The press releases, 22 & 24 May state that it is on the east side of Salida. I missed that as I mistakenly thought the property was closer to the Morphew home. 11-12 miles or about a 20 minute drive.

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

I’m posting the interesting parts:

The investigation team has said it continues to push forward on the case, all while keeping most of the updates under wraps. No arrests have been made in connection to Suzanne’s disappearance and, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations, no searches for Morphew have been conducted since July 9.

<snip>

Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

“At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running and coming from the same direction over there, and I had been hearing all of this noise for quite a while,” she said.

“I thought it sounded like one of them running and I sat up in bed and said, ‘it is one of them, what’s going on, this time of night? That’s ridiculous.’ And I thought maybe they had orders to move it or something, so I laid there listening and it kept going and going and going for about a half an hour. And I finally got up to check and, as I opened the back door, it stopped. So I thought, maybe they are just moving something or whatever, and so I did not go out and investigate.”

<Snip>
Tyson Draper:

“He said something was wrong with the front wheel and then he changed the subject and started saying something else,” Draper explained.

In the video, Barry also talks to Draper about where he was on the day his wife vanished.

“He was describing that, about having a job in Denver, and it’s very out of the ordinary for him,” Draper said.

During that exchange, however, Barry didn’t tell Draper if he had joined in on the search for his wife on June 1. However, Draper said he thinks he saw Barry searching the day before.

“He was wet, cold, and distraught. He looked like he was out searching or doing something,” Draper said.

<Snip>

“I was quite shocked with how liberal he was with this information – giving one theory after another. And I was trying to process it all in, in the moment, like what is going on. And I don’t understand -why is he telling me all of this stuff? And I thought, at one point, he would just stop and say, ‘Who are you?’ And that was the gist of it – and what do you think, but he was just on a roll. And I didn’t say much,” Draper explained.

There are surveillance cameras in the area of the Morphew property. Deputies have asked people to save video around the date of May 10 – two days before and two days after, specifically.

<Snip>

Detectives with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said they obtained a second search warrant to return to the Morphew property on July 9. Law enforcement would have to have something substantial that they were able to show to a judge to be granted a second warrant. However, they have not released any details on what they were looking for – or what was found.

Last edited:
I wonder what time is “the middle of the night”. I’d say about 3am or so, but my idea may differ from the witness.

If it was Barry, why in the world would he use loud machinery in the middle of the night? That seems like a terrible idea. IMO
That's my thought, what a terrible idea. Of course, if it was serious criminal activity, not all evil criminals are evil geniuses. But they are all evil.

I wonder what time is “the middle of the night”. I’d say about 3am or so, but my idea may differ from the witness.

If it was Barry, why in the world would he use loud machinery in the middle of the night? That seems like a terrible idea. IMO
BBM:

I have some thoughts about that.

IF SM never went for a bike ride on Mother's Day, and the entire bike ride scene was staged, then we're looking at a case of foul play, and whatever happened to her likely happened before Sunday morning.

IF BM is responsible for SM's disappearance, he would have found himself needing to cover up/conceal/dispose of all the evidence after the crime, which would have likely taken a considerable amount of time.
That may potentially have thrown his work schedule off significantly.

We have no way of knowing, obviously, but BM may have been scheduled to work on that property site on either Friday or Saturday.

If he was, then perhaps he went to that work site late at night or in the very early morning hours to get the work done, because he was concerned that it would look suspicious if had not followed through on a job that was scheduled to be completed right around the same timeframe that SM went missing.

The fact that nothing tying that property to SM was found during LE's search doesn't mean that the loud noises heard there that night are completely unrelated to her disappearance.

I do think BM was there in the wee hours.
I don't think he was burying SM there, though.
If BM disappeared SM, I think she's nowhere near any place that can be tied directly to him.

Not even Frazee was dumb enough to do that.

I think he was there that night, though, furiously trying to make up for lost time.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads