Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The project manager, the foreman, the heating and cooling contractor, the plumbing contractor, and the cement contractor all would have been required to be there, under normal construction practices. I have a very clear picture in my mind of who should have been there. If you do not, you are entitled to your own opinion.
I have often witnessed LE take weeks or months to get some lab results never in my life heard any LE agency say they found nothing, then test evidence. It just doesn't compute for me. IMO
The fact that many other people would've been involved on that building site is precisely why I wrote,
"We still have no idea who was/were at the dig site, that early morning."
As to LE's statement, they didn't say they didn't find anything, they qualified their answer with, "at this time".
They don't have to say that they're sending any findings for further evaluation.
As we've noted, they're not releasing any info 'at this time'.

Last edited:
You know I haven’t seen any hate that I can recall. I think in general, people have suspicions as to what happened or are fairly convinced based on stats and LE’s behavior.

But I don’t think one person here could vote guilty if they were on a jury with just what we know.

I sure couldn’t. I have my suspicions. It’s seems like it’s clear LE believe husband is involved. But not enough for me to make a specific determination.
Yes, this! ^^^
I don’t understand why some people get so upset when others make calculated guesses on who they believe may be a suspect in any given case.
This is a discussion group.
We have TOS that stop us from running off crazily while following rumors and wild gossip.
We discuss facts as they come to us from legitimate sources and attempt to use those facts to solve a mystery.
We are not hanging anyone based on our theories.

Think of this like “Wheel of Fortune”. We get a letter. We plug it in. It may not be enough to guess the whole kit and caboodle, but each letter gets us a little closer. Finally, that one final letter makes it obvious to us. We know the answer!
So we WSers are all playing Wheel of Fortune in these cases, but instead of guessing the phrase, we are trying to guess who dunnit. Sometimes we take a chance; we make a guess with too few letters. We’re wrong. We have to take another spin. Sometimes we don’t need every single letter to know the answer, but once those blanks are all plugged in, you can read the answer right in front of you.

Agree. I think the risk of uxoricide is exponentially higher if the model, religious family is already an empty nest, and the new woman gets pregnant.

This is when catastrophe ensues. Religion of the man forbids abortion. He is probably attached to the unborn baby as well. But he is facing a financial disaster either way, be it a divorce or staying with his family.

Does not apply to this, or any specific situation, just something I often think about.
Having had convos with you on the Delphi case, you always seem to come up with food for thought. Not that I always agree with you, but I still have to pause and think about your theories.

I asked her the question in the story link she posted tonight?
I'll take that as a statement and not a question, lol. I was genuinely asking. She does answer questions, that's why I asked. Thanks very much, I must be confused by another person who heard noises also.
(edited to try to fix whatever happened here)

Having had convos with you on the Delphi case, you always seem to come up with food for thought. Not that I always agree with you, but I still have to pause and think about your theories.

Thank you. What you have noticed is unbridled fantasy, lol. My mind generates a lot of ideas, but also, a disproportionate number of “false positives”, so you are right in disagreeing with me. )) On the positive side, if I feel that the situation reminds me of something I had already seen, it is usually for a reason.

ETA: A good example. I always wondered why SM, a housewife from Indiana, had such a captivating face. And came to the conclusion that to me, SM resembled a modern version of amazing German actress Romy Schneider, in her most famous role (“Sissi”). I wonder if anyone has noticed the similarity.

Last edited:
Yes, this! ^^^
I don’t understand why some people get so upset when others make calculated guesses on who they believe may be a suspect in any given case.
We have TOS that stop us from running off crazily while following rumors and wild gossip.
We discuss facts as they come to us from legitimate sources and attempt to use those facts to solve a mystery.

Think of this like “Wheel of Fortune”. We get a letter. We plug it in. It may not be enough to guess the whole kit and caboodle, but each letter gets us a little closer. Finally, that one final letter makes it obvious to us. We know the answer!
So we WSers are all playing Wheel of Fortune in these cases, but instead of guessing the phrase, we are trying to guess who dunnit. Sometimes we take a chance; we make a guess with too few letters. We’re wrong. We have to take another spin. Sometimes we don’t need every single letter to know the answer, but once those blanks are all plugged in, you can read the answer right in front of you.
Thank you @OldCop. I'm a big fan of Wheel of Fortune -- especially of the early days when contestants weren't so practiced, and I love this analogy! :)

The longer I practice law, the crazier the world seems and nothing even remotely shocks me anymore.

I have handled a DV case where the defendant learned his SI was cheating and in a drinking rage smashed their skull into the motel floor, which had a thin commercial carpet with no pad on top of concert. When the defendant woke up the next day on top of the victim in a pool of blood, he got up, walked down to the lobby covered in blood and asked to use the phone. He called 911, confessed to the crime and then walked outside and sat on a bench to wait for LE to come arrest him.

History of DV with the victim, along with all the other behaviors and patterns. And like all DV cases tragically sad and depressing.

Yes. That’s more typical. But unless the people involved are celebrities, those cases usually don’t get much media attention because people aren’t shocked by murder of a spouse in a family with a history of DV.

Some of the missing persons’ cases we tend to discuss here are real mysteries at first. Often because the missing or suddenly dead person comes from a family with no known evidence of DV.

Like the ones I’ve listed.

There are many more.

As I stated previously, what I’ve noticed with those cases is often a perp who feels super pressured to live according to certain standards, often from a very religious family or culture, or lives in narcissistic panic of his or her true nature being discovered.

They like to be considered an upstanding citizen. Appearance of everything. They don’t want the stigma of a divorce or an affair. They feel trapped and their solution is murder.

I get the sense that this case may be one of those.

I don’t care at all that BM was not at Suzanne’s chemo appointments in Colorado. The girls may have wanted to help Suzanne. Honestly, if I had to pick between my spouse and my girls, it would be my girls every time. Maybe Barry was the guy who picked up dinner on those days, or maybe he was so uncomfortable there that it made Suzanne uncomfortable. Once again, it doesn’t make him a murderer or even a bad person. It’s the other stuff that I question-why is no one speaking on Suzanne’s behalf, when did she go missing, where was Barry, why was it the neighbor who called, why did the family spokesperson fall silent, what’s with the bike.

Or maybe she didn’t want him there. I may not myself, in that kind of situation. I don’t like an audience when I’m going through medical stuff.

Yes, this! ^^^

So we WSers are all playing Wheel of Fortune in these cases, but instead of guessing the phrase, we are trying to guess who dunnit.
Sometimes we take a chance; we make a guess with too few letters. We’re wrong. We have to take another spin. Sometimes we don’t need every single letter to know the answer, but once those blanks are all plugged in, you can read the answer right in front of you.

BBM:

I'm more of a Jeopardy fan myself, but working with your analogy, if this were a round of Wheel of Fortune, here's what the puzzle board would look like at this point:

B _ RRY D_D _T.

I really don't think we need to buy any vowels to solve the puzzle.

JMO.

BBM:

I'm more of a Jeopardy fan myself, but working with your analogy, if this were a round of Wheel of Fortune, here's what the puzzle board would look like at this point:

B _ RRY D_D _T.

I really don't think we need to buy any vowels to solve the puzzle.

JMO.

I solved that in record time (just over 5 minutes). Not as complicated as one of the Zodiac ciphers, but I’m still proud of myself.

One question though. Who is “Berry?”

I recently lost my 2 brothers (38 & 42) and my Dad to cancer. I was at Memorial Sloan Kettering for every treatment. The majority of patients had someone with them, for support, for comfort, and because they felt so awful traveling afterwards. I don't know so much about mature healthy relationships..but I do know about empathy and love.

My God, Tate. That’s horrifying. My heart goes out to you.

One of my points, though, is that we may not know. There are so many people out there who do not ever call law enforcement or hire a lawyer. Their situations are not known. There are so many women who hide abuse, sometimes lifelong. They have friends, the friends try to help - but keep silent, because the situation is almost always "in repair" and the abuser is almost always "not going to do it again." The abuser is often successful for a year or even two.

But with many abusers, there are major relapses and the stunned and newly trusting partner has little to fall back on. It's the long haul that's so hard, IOW.

I bet if we knew the truth about Scott Peterson's relationship to his wife, there'd be a couple of notebooks worth of emotionally difficult details. Many women do hide it so well.

Most evidence of abuse (and a lot of evidence of rape) never becomes evidence, in the sense that no one shows up in court or the charges are negotiated downward. But we do have diaries, journals, SM, academic studies that show women are in fact abused while still acting as if everything is fine. Perhaps Coles and Coles "Women of Crisis" books were the first to show this, but there are certainly many works - often autobiographical or thinly disguised autobiographical fiction that show us all how hard it is to know, from the outside, who is abused. I no longer make assumptions. I will say that my current friends and family try to be frank and open with one another, but still - surprising things can happen.

Oh yes. There’s always something wrong in these cases. And sometimes DV that’s hidden.

But in some I think the wife is totally trusting and unsuspecting. Like the MacNeil case. And Neil Entwhistle. Scott peterson. (I don’t think is wjife susoected a thing.

I want to know what day on Mother's Day weekend? Did she hear the equipment noises Saturday or Sunday, what time? I'm going to ask Lauren that very question.

I think I remember this story during the actual search (via live video news clip) and if it's the same, I heard it from the woman's son that said he arrived Salida on Saturday around noon to visit his mom for Mother's Day weekend.

Based on this story, I think the neighbor would have heard the construction noise either very late Friday night or early morning Saturday as it was told to her son on Saturday.

I recall that the family believed it was most likely earth moving heavy equipment from mom's description and she thought the noise was enough to rattle her widows.

Anybody else remember this? It was most likely a clip by News4 reporter as they had a big presence in town covering the 3-day search of the building site.

MOO

Suzanne has one of those faces where you can still see the innocence of the little girl she once was. A face that hasn’t been broken by the world. A rare quality, really. One to be admired. Ugh heartbreaking to think what she must have went through. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli