Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw come on. You mean spinning or ignoring the little information we do have to achieve a specific narrative isn't ok? :)

BTW, I'm completely with you.
"At this time" is an unnecessary hedge if they found nothing.
The meaning could be: we have something, but without testing we can't confirm its related to Suzanne.

Alternative version.

If BM killed SM, he probably had enough guts NOT to hide the body either at the job site, or in the house. (Even PF got rid of KB’s body well).

BM also understands that LE would look precisely the way we all thought, and search his house, and his job site, first. It is logic, and if he did something in the meantime, it was beyond logic.

So I wonder if it was a diversion, of sorts. To create this noise, that the neighbor would hear. So that LÊ would first search at the job site, and the house.

The body could be at the other side from the house than the job side.

BM could provide exactly this explanation, that he was in a hurry as he was working two jobs.

If LE did not find anything in either the house or the job site, it means BM wanted them to spend the time looking at these places. And SM was killed and hidden somewhere else.

Where? Maybe where the bicycle was found, or wherever people saw SM last, even alone.

The interview with TD should be looked at, again, precisely because BM did not look right, physically. It is possible that he was re-hiding the body. Maybe the timing of TD running into him was a coincidence. So I would look at all areas around that place.

And also, if the mountain lion appears in BM’s narrative for the first time during conversation with TD, I would look at the nearest hills, maybe “someone” did drag the body up one of them.

I wonder if TD ran into BM accidentally that day, after BM was re-hiding the body. And BM was frazzled, so to say. If that is the case, subconsciously, BM would be walking TD away from her site. I have to look at that video again. If they walked, it was away from where she was. If he pointed at some hill, she might be in the opposite direction.

I would also re-interview everyone who could work with the equipment at the job site other than Barry.

And look at all “other” potential “personal connections” from his job site that could be helping him. Younger than him, sex irrelevant at this point.

ETA: if LE found something somewhere, any traces, it is one story. But if none, I would think Barry hides objects “the female” way.

What is the female way? It is not a secret table drawer. It is something unused.

I bought old clock and they stopped working immediately. They were standing at my shelf looking as they were - old and not working. I hid something in the back of it. If anything ever disappeared (and things did), it was never from that clock.

It has to be old and unused. Something he abandoned - old house, maybe even Indiana - something that in people’s mind, is not connected to his active sites.

a few things jump out at me,
a) It wouldn’t be unheard of for BM to move the body. It was done a couple of times in Gannon’s case.
b) You could be right, when Tyson saw BM the 1st day, Wet and shirtless, maybe he was doing just that.
c) Notice BM telling Tyson “We Searched all those mountains - we could have missed something”
d) I definitely believe the neighbor who says she heard equipment running in the middle of the night.... I think it was BM moving SM.

The Deafening Silence!!

The silence tells me they know she is dead.
And for them to know she is dead, the LE would have to have told them, she is dead.

I believe they found Suzanne’s DNA at the dig site. If you remember, there was talk soon after they finished up about LE requesting DNA from Suzanne’s daughter.
Around that time the family locked down and became silent.
<modsnip: TD's wife is not a source in this discussion>

Another reason I feel they know she is dead, LE has put out exactly ZERO BOLS (Be on the look out) for any type of vehicle or person.
Certainly, if LE thought Suzanne was “abducted” and with all the cameras in the world now, they would have released SOMETHING in the past 2+ months.

Which leads me to the fact they never even released a physical description of Suzanne. Again, leading me to believe LE has way more information and a prime suspect very early on in this case.
Now LE is building their air tight case in which to arrest the responsible party & go to trial.

Jmo

The suggestion that LE found DNA at the job site is possible, but unlikely in my opinion. I don’t believe the Sheriffs Office statement would have worded their statement the way they did. Had they found something, LE would have stated something to the effect, “at this time we will not be commenting on the site search, as this is an ongoing investigation.”
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Neighbor 'woken up by a loud noise from construction site where Suzanne Morphew's husband worked' | Daily Mail Online

A resident of Salida, Colorado was awoken by 'a loud noise' the night before Suzanne Morphew was reported as missing.

Suzanne, 49, has not been seen since since she reportedly set off on a solo bike ride on Mother's Day, May 10 - although no eyewitnesses have reported seeing her out on the bicycle.

Mary Branson lives next door to a home being built by Suzanne's husband, Barry Morphew, and says she shot out of bed when she heard a strange sound coming from the construction site late on May 9.

'At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running,' Branson told Fox 21 on Friday.

The alarmed neighbor said the noise sounded like machinery or construction equipment and lasted 'for about half an hour'.

Branson recalled: 'I sat up in bed and said, "What's going on, this time of night? That's ridiculous.'"

*continued at link.

ETA:
'The case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis.

'And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can't discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.
'

I agree.

If I may jump off your post, I'd like to add that I don't understand posters getting upset/claiming that they're getting jumped or ganged up on when someone questions what they've posted. Most of the time, it seems that an attempt is being made to understand someone's post, so a question is posed to try to understand/clarify something. Most posters seem to understand that everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and that they might differ. Questioning differing opinions is not an attempt to berate someone for having a different one, in most cases. All IMO.
Agree 100%. Unfortunately, it is a reflection of what we so often see in society right now, be it Coronavirus or politics or a missing woman in Salida, CO. The art of debate has seemingly gone the way of saddle shoes and boom boxes. Some people do not want to know about your opinion, hear about your opinion, or discuss your opinion.
It is too bad because we learn so much more by opening ourselves up to different points of view. What do we gain by saying, “You’re wrong and you must be a hater for disagreeing with me.” as opposed to, “Tell me about your opinion, I’d be interested in knowing how you arrived at your theory.”

Thank you. What you have noticed is unbridled fantasy, lol. My mind generates a lot of ideas, but also, a disproportionate number of “false positives”, so you are right in disagreeing with me. )) On the positive side, if I feel that the situation reminds me of something I had already seen, it is usually for a reason.

ETA: A good example. I always wondered why SM, a housewife from Indiana, had such a captivating face. And came to the conclusion that to me, SM resembled a modern version of amazing German actress Romy Schneider, in her most famous role (“Sissi”). I wonder if anyone has noticed the similarity.

I am rarely surprised that anyone from anywhere has a captivating face (the world holds so much captivation, and it pops up all over) but I agree that SM has or had an unusual charisma or captivating quality, and that some photos of her seem to have been pulled from an art gallery or movie poster. It is a face that "seems to know," IMO, and I suspect that in this case, it did.

Why do some cases develop a hold on us? Sometimes it's the usual or outrageous circumstances, sometimes it's a quality associated with a crime (brutality, egregiousness, unfairness, cruelty) sometimes it's a social or historical connection or context, and sometimes (here, maybe?) it's the presumptive victim who draws us in, IMO.

Romy Schneider in Sissi, Nastassja Kinski in Tess, Sally Field in Norma Rae. Difficult call, but interesting possibilities.

I agree.

If I may jump off your post, I'd like to add that I don't understand posters getting upset/claiming that they're getting jumped or ganged up on when someone questions what they've posted. Most of the time, it seems that an attempt is being made to understand someone's post, so a question is posed to try to understand/clarify something. Most posters seem to understand that everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and that they might differ. Questioning differing opinions is not an attempt to berate someone for having a different one, in most cases. All IMO.
I agree with everything you’ve written. I’d like to bring forward the notion that because another’s opinion runs contrary to your own, it doesn’t mean that the expression of the opinion should be taken as a personal affront. If you don’t like someone’s speculation, so what? What difference does it make? Why so much personal concern over another’s viewpoint? Why call out someone else’s opinion or speculation as being hateful? I don’t see how it makes sense.

IMO

The Deafening Silence!!

The silence tells me they know she is dead.
And for them to know she is dead, the LE would have to have told them, she is dead.

I believe they found Suzanne’s DNA at the dig site.
If you remember, there was talk soon after they finished up about LE requesting DNA from Suzanne’s daughter.
Around that time the family locked down and became silent.
<modsnip: TD's wife is not a source in this discussion>

Another reason I feel they know she is dead, LE has put out exactly ZERO BOLS (Be on the look out) for any type of vehicle or person.
Certainly, if LE thought Suzanne was “abducted” and with all the cameras in the world now, they would have released SOMETHING in the past 2+ months.

Which leads me to the fact they never even released a physical description of Suzanne. Again, leading me to believe LE has way more information and a prime suspect very early on in this case.
Now LE is building their air tight case in which to arrest the responsible party & go to trial.

Jmo
bbm
Link ?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this is exactly what's happening. they are not only teasing us! ;) this case is ramping up all of a sudden, and i don't think it's happenstance. has anyone ever noticed LE makes big moves on friday's? (maybe it just seems like that. what ya say, @OldCop ? is that a thing? busting open cases on friday's?)
In most jurisdictions, except for big cities, courts are closed for the weekend. If you arrest a suspect on Friday afternoon, by the time they are booked, court is closed. They can’t be arraigned until Monday morning. It gives them a few days of sitting in a cell, envisioning their future.
:D

If the location is outside the city limits, I don't think city ordinances would apply.

If there are noise restrictions/ordinances for that location, if no one complains, they probably wouldn't be enforced. If there are restrictions, the equip. operator might not care if they were violating the ordinances.
RBBM
And BM appears just that arrogant to do whatever HE pleases without any regard to the comfort and well being of the neighbours. When this case breaks, the flood gates of who BM truly is will open and we’ll get a good look at what BM REALLY is. I suspect an all out narcissist. JMHO

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time.

If we are going to ignore statements from the Sheriffs Department, we can make the narrative say whatever we want.

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff
Speaking of ignoring, the irony is rich here, the "ignoring comment" linked to a PR that describes a 3 day search on a property not owned by the Morphews. LE must have been bored that day and just thought they'd dig up a random property with no probable cause and it was totally coincidental that Barry worked there.

The suggestion that LE found DNA at the job site is possible, but unlikely in my opinion. I don’t believe the Sheriffs Office statement would have worded their statement the way they did. Had they found something, LE would have stated something to the effect, “at this time we will not be commenting on the site search, as this is an ongoing investigation.”
MOO
Also they would not have immediately proceeded with constructing the house on those slabs.

Who would want their dream house built atop a slab or ground with the remains of a person in them?

One thing. It is true that BM could have loaded equipment at the Salida work site at 11pm on Sat to take to Denver next day. Suzanne might have been with him.

I’m assuming LE knew who the owners/lessees of the equipment at the jobsite were? I did see a Cops episode where a stolen expensive piece of construction equipment was located inside a closed garage, because the unit had an internal GPS.

From Profiling Evil:

They were asked if they think Suzanne will be found.

Mike King answered (quoting him loosely), "Do I think Suzanne will be FOUND? I believe the case will be SOLVED."

I hope soon.

Meanwhile, my heart hurts for her daughters...

JMO

Speaking of ignoring, the irony is rich here, the "ignoring comment" linked to a PR that describes a 3 day search on a property not owned by the Morphews. LE must have been bored that day and just thought they'd dig up a random property with no probable cause and it was totally coincidental that Barry worked there.
I don’t believe LE acted on a hunch. But when they say they didn’t find anything at this time, I believe them.

a few things jump out at me,
a) It wouldn’t be unheard of for BM to move the body. It was done a couple of times in Gannon’s case.
b) You could be right, when Tyson saw BM the 1st day, Wet and shirtless, maybe he was doing just that.
c) Notice BM telling Tyson “We Searched all those mountains - we could have missed something”
d) I definitely believe the neighbor who says she heard equipment running in the middle of the night.... I think it was BM moving SM.
BM did appear very anxious and “frazzled” in the TD interview and appeared to be limping IMO. If he was wet it could be because it was raining. But why shirtless? That’s kinda weird but maybe it was soaking wet and he got cold and took it off? Didn’t TD say his chest was red? Or the shirt got dirty and some evidence was on it? I wonder if he took his shirt back home with him or disposed of it elsewhere? If he had on a shirt in the first place. Do men in Co go around shirtless? Hey it happens where I live...I’ve seen guys running shirtless or mowing their yard. It’s not the norm though. He could have had on the sleeveless shirt he was as wearing in the TD video and it had dried off so he put it back on. Was his mom with him only when he came back? I don’t recall TD saying he saw her in the truck with BM when he was as shirtless. I wonder how much time elapsed before BM came back with his mom in his truck and stopped to talk to TD? It’s an interesting theory. Something has always bugged me about BM’s behavior that day and the way he spoke and his mannerisms in TD’s video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop