Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Priorities.
This is about priorities.

BM's vows were to SM, not to the electric company, or the college bursar's office, or to the Chaffee County Tax Assessor, or to any other financial institution.

And being the apparent "traditionalist" he is, those vows he exchanged with SM no doubt included the words, "for richer, for poorer," as well as "in sickness and in health." (Although, perhaps BM misheard that last bit and thought the minister said "in wealth," instead).

Question: What matters most when your spouse is gravely ill?
I would argue it ain't your kid's next tuition payment.

If your kid's in college, here's the conversation you have:

"Sorry, Junior, but we're not going to be able to help you out with those expenses right now. You're going to need to learn how to be self-sufficient, starting right now. Time to launch! We'll help you apply for student loans. You can get a job to help with your expenses. But right now, Mom's health trumps your education. I know you love her, too, which is why I know you'll understand our position and agree this is what needs to happen now."

This is about BM's actions being an indicator of what matters most to him in this world.

His wife goes missing, and it's "too soon" to get the word out to reporters about her disappearance.
Too soon!

Not too soon to get those guardianship papers filed back in Indiana, though.
Not too soon to get that real estate sold in Indy, either. Cha-Ching!
Not too soon to get those cash registers ringing for the Gimme Fund. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

SM should have been BM's most precious treasure.

Looking at his actions in the wake of her disappearance, I'm not seeing any indication whatsoever that she was his heart's treasure.

Priorities.

JMO.
and not too soon to buy more real estate perhaps?
JMO

Did not realize that there was another dirt dig up area at the site. Interesting.
After all.this, if BM involved MOO would say SMs body is somewhere between Puma Path and the Denver meeting place with work crew.

I'm wondering (if there really is a work site in Denver) if the Denver work crew was surprised that BM drove up on Mother's day, because the site was already set up and ready to go. Or if they were not expecting him until Monday morning. Or if there was evidence that he actually did anything to prepare the site while he was there that Sunday. Moo

So many details for LE to examine.
It will be so nice to see what they find.

I speculate that the most demoralizing aspect of Suzanne’s too brief life was being married to Barry.
This is the neighbor of the construction site that was dug up, not the Morphew home.

She didn’t say continuous, but that was the implication. It sounds like it was some sort of machinery, and it was running at an odd hour.

This would have been the basis for that 3 day search.
The noise woke her and she said that she lay there for about 30 minutes before she got up to go to her back door. I'm curious if maybe he was loading a backhoe due to the length of time of the noise. A diesel backhoe would be very loud and you usually have to let it run to warm up a bit before you use it. I can't help but wonder if he picked up the equipment on a trailer before he took it somewhere else to use it. Would like to know if the equipment was still located at the construction site or if the piece of equipment shown is the same one that created the noise that the neighbor heard.

there is a new TD video on youtube, interviewing locals.

*some more local rumors discussed, too (with the same masked guy/friend of the family from profiling evil's TD interview.)

he does mention that he met up with lauren and she told him she tried to go to the church, and they turned her away. (he has a small interview with lauren in the video, and they go to the found bike spot together). they found a sign for video surveillance right there in that area, and wonder if that camera was working that weekend. lauren is interviewing neighbors, while TD walks around filming.

also, salida is so gorgeous! i would love to go there one day. i've never been to colorado. it's high on my list of places to visit after this freaking pandemic. :)

Last edited:
I believe TD is referring to the first time he saw BM (wet and shirtless) which was the day before he interviewed him. Maybe BM was trying out the "disoriented and got in the river" analogy. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz.
Thanks I was confused about that...had been thinking TD seeing BM drive by shirtless after he saw BM’s truck with IN plates parked up where TD was filming the area AND BM returning with his mother in the truck and BM getting out to talk with TD were on the same day.

I'm wondering (if there really is a work site in Denver) if the Denver work crew was surprised that BM drove up on Mother's day, because the site was already set up and ready to go. Or if they were not expecting him until Monday morning. Or if there was evidence that he actually did anything to prepare the site while he was there that Sunday. Moo

So many details for LE to examine.
It will be so nice to see what they find.
and boy this "work crew" has not said one word that we have heard of - not an interview or anything that I can find....
JMO

The noise woke her and she said that she lay there for about 30 minutes before she got up to go to her back door. I'm curious if maybe he was loading a backhoe due to the length of time of the noise. A diesel backhoe would be very loud and you usually have to let it run to warm up a bit before you use it. I can't help but wonder if he picked up the equipment on a trailer before he took it somewhere else to use it. Would like to know if the equipment was still located at the construction site or if the piece of equipment shown is the same one that created the noise that the neighbor heard.

Also interested if there is proof of times when BM left for and arrived in Denver, was there unaccounted for time.

And confirmation that it was the early morning of Sunday.

That’s funny because the picture you mention of them standing in the door way was analyzed by a lot of us in previous threads...and it was interesting to see all the different opinions of what was happening in that photo. If you’re interested. Maybe two or three threads back. And WELCOME to our dysfunctional family! :D
Thank you for the welcome , I will try to find that

Completely brilliant, yes, so they could either re-enact the night with the neighbour, demonstrating various equipment, or maybe play recordings of machinery to her till she says “yes, that’s it” ..... wonder if they did that.
Well, the lady did state that she had been hearing equipment noises for quite a while since the start of construction so IMO she should recognize the loud noise instantly.

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time.

If we are going to ignore statements from the Sheriffs Department, we can make the narrative say whatever we want.

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff
Not ignoring just keeping an open mind on the verbiage used... could be evidence or information leading to answers or pointing to other investigative avenues as well as eliminating others

Anyone watch “Profiling Evil” live stream last night? They spoke about this case at about the 22minute mark. (Not sure if it’s against the rules to post video here)

*edited to add: Profiling Evil is two seasoned homicide investigators (retired) with decades of experience, discussing real cases today.
This may have been answered, as I’m few pages behind. The mods have said that Tricia definitely approves of PE being shared here as they are affiliated with the Cold Case Foundation. I’m really impressed with their videos.
Here’s some background on Chris :

Chris McDonough

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

i confess..,I held out on all theories, with kidnapping, sexual deviant, my favorite(gag, shudder)etc, as this offered slim hope Suzanne was alive.
I have never seen BM as the BG=Bad Guy.
Recent info leads me to believe she was dead shortly after she disappeared.
Consider that kidnapping WAS still an option at time of disappearance, first video. maybe a hired kidnapping/ murder, a reward might have out priced the hired amount-worth a shot?
Evidence indicated soon after that, that she was deceased. Family is in mourning, not really trying to find her, LE has tools and skills, it’s too soon to question their abilities.
Banners take time to print out, they were ordered immediately. Change wording to murdered, not missing? Keeping her face front and center still could cause someone’s memory to click, either way.
BMs lack of emotion becomes more of a grieving process, and shock, also a lack of criticism of LE, he knows, “they got this”.

IMO the second video could have been BM wondering about a stranger in the area, nothing more.
But it also appeared to me BM was someone out there in privacy, ranting and letting his emotions out.
His mother, bless her, has been watching for the breakdown, and worrying.
IMO, He intended that the first day, but by the next day, he is really discombobulated. He tries to explain SM disappearance to TD, knowing the public account is different from LE. I could go on, but I am sure I will be contradicted...

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Im wondering if they did find something at the site they digged for 3 day's and that was the reason they got a second search warrant for the morphew home. Jmo
I really don’t think they did find anything. I think that second search of the home could have been justified by forensic results of the first search.

Either that, or they developed information during the course of the investigation that necessitated a return.

Every official statement from the Chaffee County Sheriff's office has characterized SM a missing person investigation. I have to disagree that The NY Post used the phrase "open criminal investigation" stemming from a press conference. I believe that entire piece was taken mainly from the Denver Post-- with a twist of a few words for clickbait.

There was not a presser until May 15, and this is where the Sheriff was forced to calm the nerves of the media after NY Post statement that the Sheriff declined to comment on whether the husband was cooperating had become the equivalent to BM not cooperating.

At the presser on 5/15 -- reporters couldn't wait to ask if BM was cooperating to which we got the infamous response from the Sheriff that BM was cooperating, and they hoped he would continue to do so.

MOO

Okay. The context of the "open criminal investigation" line was from an interview, not a press conference. I assumed interview meant press conference mostly because I can't believe this almost totally silent LE team gave an interview, let alone to NY Post, let alone without using the public info. officer as a go-between, let alone actually answering a question and not saying "part of the investigation." Lesson learned. Apologies for my mistake. Nonetheless, my point stands. IMO

“'This is an open criminal investigation,' Spezze said during a brief interview."
https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/colorado-woman-missing-after-going-on-mothers-day-bike-ride/

IMO I have skimmed through & didnt see anyone mention this recently... but wasn't there info earlier about a failed inspection at the construction site after Mother's Day Weekend? ETA Due to inconsistencies in the dirt fill or something to that effect.

I’m no construction expert but if there was a failed inspection with dirt fill, it seems logical that the cement pour would have been delayed, right? Yet, it wasn’t.

Okay. The context of the "open criminal investigation" line was from an interview, not a press conference. Apologies for my mistake. My point stands. IMO

“'This is an open criminal investigation,' Spezze said during a brief interview."
https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/colorado-woman-missing-after-going-on-mothers-day-bike-ride/
And I’m sure he regretted that comment after he made it.

In many cases like this, to include recent Colorado ones, law enforcement maintained up until arrest, that the case was merely a “missing persons investigation.”

That means a crime may or may not have been committed. It seems there are advantages to behaving this way, and it’s a pretty standard characterization.

I really don’t think they did find anything. I think that second search of the home could have been justified by forensic results of the first search.

Either that, or they developed information during the course of the investigation that necessitated a return.
I wish they would unseal the warrants -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members