Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t think they did find anything. I think that second search of the home could have been justified by forensic results of the first search.

Either that, or they developed information during the course of the investigation that necessitated a return.

Mark it, we disagree.

I think they found something but had to acquire more pieces of the puzzle to put it together.

I do not think they found any part of SM. Rather, I think it was something related to a crime; casing, part of a weapon something that in and of itself means very little. Once they had some testing back, they Had PC for a SW and went back to the M home.

This of course, is just a hypothetical scenario. Looking forward to LS releasing more info.

For seasoned WSers: Do you find that rumors around the local town have any foot in reality? While I don’t trust FB rumors, local (town) rumors would seem more reliable. An ounce of truth to a pound of statement type?

Oh, he was watching himself all right. Like when he started to mention the position of the front wheel, caught himself, and changed the subject.
MassGuy, or when he suggested the cougar may have taken her....uphill, towards the highway 50 yards away, through all that soft material on the bank/cut of the road.......without nary a sign.....

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Unrelated but a random thought:

BM has said things like "we may have missed something" and "she got in the river" and "job in Denver was out of the ordinary for him" (paraphrasing on that one, it was linked here last night.)

Those little comments make me wonder if he's borrowed a page from Leticia Stauch's nasty playbook, and he's pre-splaining things that are going to come up later.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Unrelated but a random thought:

BM has said things like "we may have missed something" and "she got in the river" and "job in Denver was out of the ordinary for him" (paraphrasing on that one, it was linked here last night.)

Those little comments make me wonder if he's borrowed a page from Leticia Stauch's nasty playbook, and he's pre-splaining things that are going to come up later.

jmo

You could be onto something. It's going to be fascinating to watch this play out. Moo

I really don’t think they did find anything. I think that second search of the home could have been justified by forensic results of the first search.

Either that, or they developed information during the course of the investigation that necessitated a return.

Yeah it could be all of the options above. It must be major to get a second warrant for the home i feel like. Jmo

i confess..,I held out on all theories, with kidnapping, sexual deviant, my favorite(gag, shudder)etc, as this offered slim hope Suzanne was alive.
I have never seen BM as the BG=Bad Guy.
Recent info leads me to believe she was dead shortly after she disappeared.
Consider that kidnapping WAS still an option at time of disappearance, first video. maybe a hired kidnapping/ murder, a reward might have out priced the hired amount-worth a shot?
Evidence indicated soon after that, that she was deceased. Family is in mourning, not really trying to find her, LE has tools and skills, it’s too soon to question their abilities.
Banners take time to print out, they were ordered immediately. Change wording to murdered, not missing? Keeping her face front and center still could cause someone’s memory to click, either way.
BMs lack of emotion becomes more of a grieving process, and shock, also a lack of criticism of LE, he knows, “they got this”.

IMO the second video could have been BM wondering about a stranger in the area, nothing more.
But it also appeared to me BM was someone out there in privacy, ranting and letting his emotions out.
His mother, bless her, has been watching for the breakdown, and worrying.
IMO, He intended that the first day, but by the next day, he is really discombobulated. He tries to explain SM disappearance to TD, knowing the public account is different from LE. I could go on, but I am sure I will be contradicted...

<modsnip>
Feisty,
This is a good post. You have given a lot of thought to his innocence or guilt. Since I stay with posts here or in MSM, I’m wondering what ways you come up with the alternate theories. Is it from SM, maybe FB? I know statements from SM can’t be discussed here but I still wonder.

You know I believe he is guilty and I was on the fence awhile. I have nothing concrete to base my opinion on. Guess I really look at his lack of emotion and lack of action in past nine weeks.

I’ve heard the phrase “Felony Friday “ for a couple of years now. L. Stauch’s arrest warrant was issued on a Friday February 28. She would have been taken into custody that day had she not fled the state. She was arrested the following Monday. ( I know you know this lol ).
I look for someone to be arrested every Friday in this case. I hope the case is not going cold.
How long does it take for a case to be considered cold?

I look for someone to be arrested every Friday in this case. I hope the case is not going cold.
How long does it take for a case to be considered cold?
When they run out of avenues to explore. There’s no way they are remotely close to that being the case here.

Lab results, data analysis, and witness interviews take time. I expect this to go on for many months more, although I hope they have enough to pull the trigger before then.

When they run out of avenues to explore. There’s no way they are remotely close to that being the case here.

Lab results, data analysis, and witness interviews take time. I expect this to go on for many months more, although I hope they have enough to pull the trigger before then.
Really? Many months? If their focus is BM, that’s a long time. I understand the labs but data analysis can be fairly rapid can’t it?

There is something that always gets to me. Every criminal thinks he/she can outsmart LE and modern technology. And yet, it doesn’t work out so well for the perp does it?

Gosh, I wish someone would find Suzanne.

How much information would be on the warrant presented to the homeowner?

I’m curious how that feeds into discussions within the family.
The search warrant presented to the owner of the property being searched will state exactly what investigators are allowed to search for. It will not include the affidavit for the search warrant which outlines to the court why they think a particular piece of evidence will be found in a particular place.
Affidavits and search warrants are very specific. If you are looking for something big like a long gun, you couldn’t look in a small drawer. However, if you were looking for a bullet, you could look in the small drawer.
If you were looking for something big and found some other evidence in a small place, that evidence wouldn’t be admissible because you shouldn’t have been looking there.
If you get a warrant for a home, you can not search a vehicle or a shed you found on the property.
Law enforcement likes to be as broad as possible when applying for the warrant, but they have to show probable cause. These are not fishing expeditions.

The search warrant presented to the owner of the property being searched will state exactly what investigators are allowed to search for. It will not include the affidavit for the search warrant which outlines to the court why they think a particular piece of evidence will be found in a particular place.
Affidavits and search warrants are very specific. If you are looking for something big like a long gun, you couldn’t look in a small drawer. However, if you were looking for a bullet, you could look in the small drawer.
If you were looking for something big and found some other evidence in a small place, that evidence wouldn’t be admissible because you shouldn’t have been looking there.
If you get a warrant for a home, you can not search a vehicle or a shed you found on the property.
Law enforcement likes to be as broad as possible when applying for the warrant, but they have to show probable cause. These are not fishing expeditions.

Thank you! That helps a lot.

So family could expect BM to know what they are searching for in the home, but not necessarily what evidence they already have that justified the search warrant. Does that sound accurate?

MOO

What if it’s paperwork or banking information and they don’t know where to search?

I had visions of LE going in and tearing a home apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking