Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
That should have been the simplest question of all.
And yet he refuses to answer.
What is BM hiding ?
Makes no sense at all... unless it does !
Imo.

Very well said ! ^^^

No one here has probably even met BM.
Doesn't mean we hate him, but we certainly don't have to "like" him.
His actions speak volumes.
My .02.
I would love to know if he's answered questions from the Sheriff? or when he stopped, if he did. We knew right away with other cases but a wall of silence here IMO

Regarding Barry not attending Suzanne’s chemo appointments, my opinion is that Suzanne may not have wanted him there. She wouldn’t have to outright tell Barry not to come to the appointment, rather just ask one of the daughters instead.

I think there was a breakdown in this “model” marriage.

Anyone who has been party to a marriage in decline or state of breakdown, often the very last person you want by your side during a good/bad/otherwise life event is your spouse.

On the flip side, perhaps it was Barry who didn’t want to attend because he couldn’t look her in the eye when she was receiving treatment for cancer. He couldn’t handle his guilt in those raw moments.

Friends Say Missing Colo. Mom Suzanne Morphew and Husband Barry Seemed Like ‘Good, Model Family’

SABBM:

Before Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew disappeared during a bike ride on Mother's Day, everything in her life seemed to be going well.

"That [family structure] where the husband loves being the provider and the wife loves being the homemaker— they fit that to a T," longtime friend Jeff Isles tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.

But now Morphew, a mom-of-two, is missing, having vanished on a bike ride on May 10.

Quick!
Somebody call H.G. Wells.
Tell him somebody's stolen his Time Machine.

What century is this again?

Because I could swear that the last time I consulted my calendar, it was 2020.
Not 1920.

And why do I get the feeling that by "provider" here, he means, "controller?"

JMO.

I was wondering if I was reading about the Fundamental LDS sects that were prominent in the news a few years ago.

Religious families seem to have that patriarchal dynamic.

BBM:

It's an entirely false front.

Nothing this guy tries to project about himself is believable…not to me, anyway.
He's an illusionist.
The successful businessman.
The devoted, loving husband.
The solid, church-going family man.

Smoke and Mirrors.
JMO.

“That [family structure] where the husband loves being the provider and the wife loves being the homemaker— they fit that to a T,"

That “Alpha Male Persona.” And absolutely nothing wrong with it, if it’s sincere. So why are so many making excuses as to why poor Barry couldn’t handle going with her to chemo. And earlier making excuses why he (a trained first responder) was incapable of making a 911 call because he was on the road...come on, this is his dear wife and as far as he knew her life could have been on the line at that very moment.

It’ all about the show I’m afraid. Smoke and Mirrors indeed.

“That [family structure] where the husband loves being the provider and the wife loves being the homemaker— they fit that to a T,"

That “Alpha Male Persona.” And absolutely nothing wrong with it, if it’s sincere. So why are so many making excuses as to why poor Barry couldn’t handle going with her to chemo. And earlier making excuses why he (a trained first responder) was incapable of making a 911 call because he was on the road...come on, this is his dear wife and as far as he knew her life could have been on the line at that very moment.

It’ all about the show I’m afraid. Smoke and Mirrors indeed.
And excuses for why it was “too soon,” to do the one thing that could potentially help his wife.

Not that it truly would have helped, as I believe she had been dead for many hours at that point.

Again I would like to have known who the two of them on the treadmill at the gym were, who was she talking about. One minute the friend Karry Wooddell is describing how they talked about workouts etc and then she describes it was fun to see the two of them catching up on the treadmill.
^^sbbm
Reporter Lauren Scharf was asked this question on fb and she clarified the content. The friend (Wooddell) was referring to SM and her youngest daughter on the treadmill.

It's very hard for some of us to be onlookers to a case where a vibrant woman disappears, her husband claims to be the last person who saw her, and where LE has clearly spent time investigating the husband.

Many of us have various kinds of experience with criminal cases, and we are not know-nothings. We know what the stats are, we know what the probabilities are. Stranger abduction is not only rare, but LE has said there's no evidence of abduction, we have had to rule that out.

LE has also said they do not believe Suzanne committed suicide. So, we have ruled that out.

What's left? Intimate partner violence is the leading cause of the homicide of a woman.

Can you explain what other theories you may have? Figuring out WhoDunnit is something many different people try to do - including community members. We know a lot more than "nothing" especially if we study crime as a hobby - or for a living.

Searches were done at the husband's job site. It's interesting how you minimized what we actually know in order to tell us we know nothing - we on these forums actually know something. And we know even more this week than last week. We also know there were at least 10 searches, one long and one short search at the family home (which was kept away from BM for at least 10 days).

I'm not seeing the "hate" you see, but I think many of us are perplexed by the fund raising efforts, the failure to publicize any of these "private" searches within Chaffee County, the failure to account for how the fund raising money was spent, and most of all, the failure to appoint a family spokesperson (who could be a lot of people) and instead, the distancing of the one family spokesperson from the entire case (while he and his wife "grieve" in private - I mean, what does that tell you?)

The family believes Suzanne is dead, IMO. I think any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion at this time. She didn't fall into the river (there's a dam just downstream, it's been searched). She didn't just disappear (unless you believe in the 411 portal thing), she didn't suicide, she wasn't abducted.

So what do you think happened to her? And why isn't her husband of many years using those funds to find her? At least hire a tracker to track down the alleged mountain lion, find its den. Or appeal to the public to find her, if he believes she was kidnapped? And I do mean "appeal to the public" in a way that actually gets heard.

I do dislike a man who doesn't face the public to plead for the return and safety of his wife AND who goes about real estate business (etc) as if nothing has happened, without so much as placing flowers in memory of his wife somewhere, but that's just me. I also dislike other things about BM, but I don't hate him. I certainly want to see the evidence, which by now, may be quite a big pile.

This is a great post, well said @10ofRods.

If Bethlamb16 is around, she/he needs to know most of us don’t hate BM. We don’t even know him. The trial will determine how much hate, if any, is thrown his way. We don’t like his actions, or his inaction in finding Suzanne. He won’t help. He won’t speak up on her behalf. Nothing after more than two months. It is really quite sad.

I learned in following the many cases how sharp the posters are and the experience many of them have in their own lives. I call it a sixth sense. I believe they have this one pegged one hundred percent.

Yeah you're right they can ask, but they don't have a right to enforce it. You can't say "no one has been ruled out" so what? No one from Salida can leave? If you want to have rights to stop someone from leaving, then arrest them. Then you need it to be part of their bond condition to stay in whatever designated area which I would guess a judge has to also sign off on (though it's pretty standard). Leticia Stauch left and she was also part of the "no one has been ruled out" wording and she did leave the state. They also had evidence that Gannon had been murdered by day 2 or so when they found so much blood in the home.

If he does fly to Mexico (flights are cheap right now), the FBI will be immediately in touch with the Federales in Ciudad de Mexico and they will keep an eye on him. The last thing Mexico wants is another American quasi-fugitive.

However, that event might trigger a judge to find probable cause for an arrest warrant, if there's other evidence and now the main suspect has fled. He has no business in Mexico, he has a minor child he's supposed to be caring for, etc.

Unless he tries to take his younger daughter to Mexico, which I doubt very much he would do (I wonder if either of them even has a passport). And of course, one parent traveling alone to Mexico with a child has to present a notarized document from the other parent...unless things have changed recently.

I find it interesting that no one in this video spoke of how much Suzanne loved BM or spoke of him. It was that she only spoke of her daughters and her love for them.

Granted, no one is speaking up right right now, but the one who did and was positive about the relationship between BM and SM was a male friend of Barry’s.
That’s telling to me.

Welcome to “Team Barry”! LOL
We are outnumbered, but not vanquished.
Seriously, welcome.
This is a great post, well said @10ofRods.

If Bethlamb16 is around, she/he needs to know most of us don’t hate BM. We don’t even know him. The trial will determine how much hate, if any, is thrown his way. We don’t like his actions, or his inaction in finding Suzanne. He won’t help. He won’t speak up on her behalf. Nothing after more than two months. It is really quite sad.

I learned in following the many cases how sharp the posters are and the experience many of them have in their own lives. I call it a sixth sense. I believe they have this one pegged one hundred percent.
LOL I am still around and believe me I am generally very skeptical and think the spouse did it in 99% of the cases but I usually have more information (although I can decide it based on how they look sometimes) but honestly, in this case I am just not sure. I have been around for a long time and mostly just read the posts and enjoy everyone's opinion and in this case I just feel like I need to know more but if it ends up pointing BM's way, I wouldn't be surprised at all!!

I think he's sticking with the mountain lion theory and so well what good is Fox21? Mountain lions are all about NBC

You know what, though? If I thought a human-eating mountain lion lived near my house and was stalking about and had eaten my spouse, I'd be out there tracking it every day until I found its den. I'd be collecting its scat. I'd lead police to its den. Nearby, there should be at least some signs of eating a human (lions cannot eat human skulls nor the big leg bones and they typically only gnaw on the ends of the bones, all of which is diagnostic for being eaten by a lion).

No way a lion completely disappeared Suzanne and while they have fairly large ranges, they typically stick to one territory that they know well.

Evidence of said lion would not be found in the creek (so what the heck was BM doing in the creek in that TD exposé?) Why is BM repeatedly going back to the scene of the bike abandonment? Why does he not organize a lion search?

In fact, if he did come out in public and firmly declare he believes his wife was taken by a lion (he should have done this much sooner), he would get help in finding said lion. He could do this through a friend, if he's that shy about publicity. But he has only put forward two theories (lion and abduction) and one of them requires looking for a lion.

Trail cams, etc. Find the lion. Find proof Lion snags/eats humans. Get someone with a good bloodhound to help. Find all the local lion dens (there can't be many and the geology would dictate where the lairs would be). There are expert trackers to call in, using that donated money of course.

LOL I am still around and believe me I am generally very skeptical and think the spouse did it in 99% of the cases but I usually have more information (although I can decide it based on how they look sometimes) but honestly, in this case I am just not sure. I have been around for a long time and mostly just read the posts and enjoy everyone's opinion and in this case I just feel like I need to know more but if it ends up pointing BM's way, I wouldn't be surprised at all!!
Hi and welcome! Well I was where you are for about a month or more. But I always try to think the perp is innocent and LE are focusing on the wrong guy. LOL. They were such a good looking couple, two beautiful daughters and I just didn’t want to think he could be guilty.

I suppose you could say he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation of why he has been quiet, but I believe he owes us big time! Suzanne has friends and loved ones and total strangers who want to know if he has looked for her, if he is cooperating fully with LE, and why he hasn’t been front and center in speaking up for her. Isn’t that the least he could do?

Well, unless he is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member