Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels cold to me. No new searches, zero information confirmed or released, no public comments by anyone truly close to Suzanne. Not a speck of anything leaked. No press conferences. No chatter around town. Yes I know they could be working on gathering and interpreting evidence and are just very tight lipped but this doesn’t feel like the ones I am used to where you can tell where they’re going with it. While I understand keeping many details to themselves, LE has released almost zero details. A couple of old photos, no mentioning of the reward from their team, no “last seen” date, not asking people to notify them if they had seen Suzanne that week. Construction site dig did not sound fruitful to the case. Maybe Lauren can ask the PE guys if this feels about right or if they have an opinion of where this is going.

If this case were going cold, I believed we’d be seeing a lot more public addresses from SM’s family in the media, begging for information from anyone who’s seen SM. I believe they have been reassured by LE that there is a POI and plenty of evidence.

MOO
There are interesting family dynamics involved with the daughters and their dad. I don’t believe the family has been reassured that there is a POI and plenty of evidence. JMO

I don’t think LE is showing any of their cards to anyone.
JMO

Barry’s disparagement of LE is a terrible idea, might simply incite them to work even harder. As they say, don’t poke the bear.

IMO
Most LE are highly professional, trained, and don't take things personally. That's not to say they're not human and have feelings, but the ones I've talked to in the past understand the difference between what's part of the job and what's not.

So while a case follower may seethe in anger and frustration and emote and vent and get all up in their feels, the professionals go about their job as they are trained to do. While case followers hate a perp and everything about them, a trained & professional detective works the case. A suspect insults them? No big deal. Defense attorney grills them on the stand at trial trying to discredit the investigation? Unpleasant, but just a part of the job. If someone takes everything personally, they're not going to be a good LE agent or detective.

They work hard because they want to do a good job and there are standards and processes to follow along the way. Just like any professional strives to do their best.

IMO

I don't recall BM ever saying that a stranger took his wife. He said one of the theories was that she was abducted from the very spot where he was standing when he said it, but he never said he believed she was abducted by a stranger. JMO

You know what I meant. For those of us looking on from afar, everyone in this picture is a stranger, even BM.

So you are telling us it was a friend or family member and BM knew that?

“A male”, actually, might be an interesting point. BM had a family with three women in it. So maybe, a male was some subconscious projection? Or more likely, BM works a lot with guys, so communication with men might be easier for him. LS, a FOX blonde, is also smart and strong-willed. One has to respect strong women to choose her for an interview (one of the profilers, obviously, did). But probably, not Barry. MOO.
In my family, it was half and half. I think my brothers were far more comfortable talking to women. BM, living in a house with women, was likely equally comfortable with both. But also probably the big tough guy around other men. Guess we will learn later. I still say TD was a total stranger and BM had a missing wife. Either talk to all the media or don’t talk at all. But he chose TD.

i don't disagree i am just asking the question, but i have read detectives can call a case cold within as little as a week

the second the search warrant is neither here nor there if you ask me, they also searched that property connected to her husbands work awhile a go as well and nothing came of it, and they had access to their property for quite a while as well

but yeah its an interesting case because i can't remember a case of a missing middle aged women with so little to go on publically

you'd think if she was actually kidnapped by a stranger there would be something, a phone call, a note, a ransom... demands.. anything ...

I can honestly say in all my years of following true crime cases, today is the first time I'm seeing this.
Anyone else ever hear of a detective declaring a case "cold" after a week?

My point is that TD was a stranger, maybe the stranger who took his wife.

Except he didn’t. And BM knew that.

You know what I meant. For those of us looking on from afar, everyone in this picture is a stranger, even BM.

I have no idea what BM might know. The latest word from LE is that they "have not eliminated anyone as a suspect". If that broad statement does not include some friends or family members other than BM, I will be greatly disappointed. IMO

I have no idea what BM might know. The latest word from LE is that they "have not eliminated anyone as a suspect". If that broad statement does not include some friends or family members other than BM, I will be greatly disappointed. IMO
The assumption you're making is that anyone/everyone is a suspect. I don't think that's true. I'm sure they have a list of suspects they're working off of, and of those they put on the list they haven't publicly eliminated any names from their list. Then again, for all we know, there may only be one name on that list.

IMO

Well, I knew what you meant. If BM isn't the one guilty of disappearing SM, and it could have been an abduction, according to him, logic dictates that he'd most definitely be suspicious of any stranger coming around asking questions, especially if the stranger wasn't LE, a journalist, licensed PI, or other professional working the case.

BM's reaction (at least the part we saw/heard) was the exact opposite.
He did not appear to be suspicious of TD in the least.

jmo

I know you have done some digging behind the scenes because that’s what you do. If it is close family or friend, I hope it was not a financial reason. Suzanne appears to be a beautiful person inside and out. I hate that she was a victim of violence by anyone who knew her.

Is it your opinion someone is holding her captive? Took her for a bad deal gone wrong? Or killed her for a personal vendetta?

I can honestly say in all my years of following true crime cases, today is the first time I'm seeing this.
Anyone else ever hear of a detective declaring a case "cold" after a week?
If true, that must be one understaffed or overworked office. Would like to know where though so as not to ever move there.

It feels cold to me. No new searches, zero information confirmed or released, no public comments by anyone truly close to Suzanne. Not a speck of anything leaked. No press conferences. No chatter around town. Yes I know they could be working on gathering and interpreting evidence and are just very tight lipped but this doesn’t feel like the ones I am used to where you can tell where they’re going with it. While I understand keeping many details to themselves, LE has released almost zero details. A couple of old photos, no mentioning of the reward from their team, no “last seen” date, not asking people to notify them if they had seen Suzanne that week. Construction site dig did not sound fruitful to the case. Maybe Lauren can ask the PE guys if this feels about right or if they have an opinion of where this is going.
Agreed. It started to feel cold to me with the June 10th community canvass. I got a back-to-square-one vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia