Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know where to start, but I hope you don’t mind me bringing up some that you had said that you are an abuse survivor. Fellow sister here!

My reason for mentioning is how strong I perceive you to be. Maybe, like me, your strength came from getting out. At any rate, I truly believe that Suzanne was abused by Barry. It may have been emotional abuse. But, abuse is abuse, no matter what kind. This supports my thought that she was ready to get out!

As always, just my humble opinion
@10ofRods What an eloquent and poignant message. Strong indeed, I admire your bravery. Both the courage to speak out and the courage to leave. You too @Chocoholic....

My point is that TD was a stranger, maybe the stranger who took his wife.

Except he didn’t. And BM knew that.

I don't recall BM ever saying that a stranger took his wife. He said one of the theories was that she was abducted from the very spot where he was standing when he said it, but he never said he believed she was abducted by a stranger. JMO

I've commented about this subject a few times, because I think it's both relevant and important.

The current DA in the 11th Judicial District was appointed by the Governor of CO last year when Chilson resigned. She does not appear to have any prior prosecutorial experience:
New district attorney says public safety is top priority

I honestly don't see this as being a case for an inexperienced DA to be cutting her teeth on, especially as it looks to be shaping up to be a no-body prosecution.

Elections are in November. There's a former prosecutor in that district running against the interim appointee:
2 running for DA in Colorado's 11th Judicial District

I think it makes a difference as to how this case goes, and whether/when we'll see charges filed.

Barring SM's remains being found, I don't think we'll see charges in this case until after the upcoming election.

I have complete confidence in Sheriff Spezze.
But he's not the one who would be responsible for prosecuting this case in front of a jury.

So there's that.

JMO.
Thanks. This IS important and I hope relevant to this case. Sheriff Spezze would be the one responsible in deciding when to take the case to the DA. This brings new light on the investigation, IMO.

Personally, and this is just a hunch, I don't think Barry has a lot of liquid assets. I think his money is largely on paper and is a juggling act. The foundation (Suzanne's project) turned out to have far less than originally reported.

If BM is upside down on any of those properties and can't work, I think he may qualify for a PD.

BM may have a harder time getting legal permission in CO to sell the family home - but apparently he could sell the lot he just bought (but then what? that won't get him too far). I don't think he'll be able to sell Suzanne's half of the marital assets in order to fund his lawyer.

We have no idea how much BM owes or to whom.

My own theory is that this is a family very keen on having a certain lifestyle, without the visible means of acquiring it. With BM not working and without tons of equity, I think he might meet the state standard for a PD.
I think he's in over his head in every sense.

The truth is that TD and LS, for all their sleuthing, have discovered little more than those sleuthing on social media. IMO. Just because both are personable doesn’t give me a reason why BM was so comfortable talking to TD when he claimed someone abducted her. It could have been TD for all he knew.

As far as not intending to tell his story to the public, that makes him even more suspicious. He should be front and center speaking up for Suzanne.

Whether BM is guilty or not, LE will figure out. But he sure didn’t appear too concerned while talking to a complete stranger and a male at that.

“A male”, actually, might be an interesting point. BM had a family with three women in it. So maybe, a male was some subconscious projection? Or more likely, BM works a lot with guys, so communication with men might be easier for him. LS, a FOX blonde, is also smart and strong-willed. One has to respect strong women to choose her for an interview (one of the profilers, obviously, did). But probably, not Barry. MOO.

that's a really interesting video because there you have BM talking freely to someone about what happened. He didn't seem particularly nervous to me, interesting that he mentioned the girls were running late that day , so they should have been with their mum earlier on that day? if someone was planning this on that day it seems odd if the girls were due there?

the neighbour spotted the bike gone, so it was an assumption she had gone out on her bike not that she was seen going out on her bike?

police have contaminated the scene , pretty incredible if it's true that they moved that bike!

it's plausible she had an accident and was swept away down the creek, it's not impossible imo and there is that mark on the sign/barrier which indicates it was hit , I wonder if it had already been like that , if anyone knows about that?

she could well have come off her bike at that point on that bend going pretty fast, I wonder if it's possible to do an experiment to see what happens if a bike comes down that part and hits that sign , where would the bike and person end up? be good to see a drawing of that sign in relation to where the bike was found, in any event if they have found an "article " of hers some distance away that kind of puts scupper to the accident theory ?

would a guilty person be searching for his wife with his mother and chatting so freely with someone he meets out there? that doesn't seem likely ? he seems more genuine here than in his pre recorded video.

also why the heck add piano music to that video , was so annoying! especially when trying to hear exactly what BM said!

1) We only have BM's word for when the girls were to arrive.
2) We have no idea if the neighbor noticed the bike gone.
3) We have no idea if LE contaminated 'THE BIKE'.
4) There was no indication that any investigation by the Sheriff's dept, CBI or FBI, with the aid of search dogs, found a reason to believe that SM was taken from the area of the bike - by an abductor or a mountain lion.
They told residents and visitors alike that there was nothing to worry about.
5) Why would BM be 'searching' for his wife where he 'freely' told a complete stranger the area had been thoroughly searched? He wasn't searching for his wife.
So, in long, I don't agree with anything you stated.
JMO, IMO

TD the adventurer actually DID show the correct location of the bike at least twice, and he showed the correct location to our favorite reporter. The video is very confusing, starting and stopping at odd times; and TD himself seems confused most of the time to me. I studied the video extensively, watching the angle of the sun throughout to determine compass directions. Basically, TD and BM met just south of the Fooses Creek bridge on CR 225, then walked straight north back across the South Arkansas River bridge, turned due east to walk a short distance up the hill toward US Hwy 50, and stopped above where the bike was found by LE. BM had left his truck at the “Y” with his mother riding in it. She followed them driving the truck, and backed it into the access road to the Colorado Trail head on the west side of CR 225 . After seeing where the bike was found, BM and TD walked back down to where she had parked the truck before the video ended. (My previous posts in this thread about the bike location are incorrect)
Here are they key moments from the video:

(A) 11 seconds. Opening shot showing June 1, 2020 video date, looking due south on CR 225 with the South Arkansas River bridge ahead. Tree shadows on the road clearly indicate the sun is shining from the east.

(B) 46 seconds. TD walking southward on CR 225 with sun illuminating the east side of his face (right side in screen shot).

(C) 5 min 28 sec. First meeting BLM, who was facing north on CR 225 with sun on the east side of BM’s face (left side in screen shot).

(D) 5 min 32 sec. BM turning to walk southward on CR 225. The sun fully on his face, and the shadows across the road indicate that he is facing due east at that instant. Fooses Creek bridge is behind BM, indicating that BM and TD are south of the bridge at this moment.

(E) 5 min 38 sec. BM’s truck on CR 225. Tree shadows on road indicate the truck is facing due north, beginning to cross the South Arkansas River bridge. BM’s mother is obviously driving, and following BM and TD as they walk.

(F) 6 min 4 sec. BM stopping on CR 225 to show location of bike. Sun is shining directly behind BM, indicating BM is looking southward from CR 225. The number of steps taken by BM confirm that TD showed LS the correct spot of the bike, and she in turn showed it correctly to the Profiling Evil pair.

(G) 7 min 28 sec. BM says he is motioning due west with his right arm, while sun is behind him. He is standing on the access road to the Colorado Trail, facing the trail head. TB has his back to the trail head, and is facing east looking into the sun while BM speaks. (So the personal item was found west of CR 225, most likely neat Hwy 50)

You left out one crucial element here:
"Basically, TD and BM met just south of the Fooses Creek bridge on CR 225, then walked straight north back across the South Arkansas River bridge, turned due east to walk a short distance up the hill toward US Hwy 50, and stopped above where the bike was found by LE. BM had left his truck at the “Y” with his mother riding in it. She followed them driving the truck, and backed it into the access road to the Colorado Trail head on the west side of CR 225 ."

How did the BASICALLY meet? By your own words, his mother was driving and backed it into the access road, where it just so happens TD was walking. So, who approached who?

1) We only have BM's word for when the girls were to arrive.
2) We have no idea if the neighbor noticed the bike gone.
3) We have no idea if LE contaminated 'THE BIKE'.
4) There was no indication that any investigation by the Sheriff's dept, CBI or FBI, with the aid of search dogs, found a reason to believe that SM was taken from the area of the bike - by an abductor or a mountain lion.
They told residents and visitors alike that there was nothing to worry about.
5) Why would BM be 'searching' for his wife where he 'freely' told a complete stranger the area had been thoroughly searched? He wasn't searching for his wife.
So, in long, I don't agree with anything you stated.
JMO, IMO
why would BM lie to a complete stranger? that makes zero sense, he was passing on what he knew , there is no reason for him to be stating a lie here as it would easily be disproved later , it makes sense to me to still be searching even if an area has been thoroughly searched , if it was my loved one I would still be searching too. The neighbour was contacted because there was no answer from SM the neighbour then went and checked and saw the bike gone, that makes perfect sense to me that an assumption then is that she is on that bike , plus with the bike then being found...
it's ok to disagree it would be a boring discussion if we all agreed wouldn't it ?

I can totally see that.
IMO standoffish is invariably different from introverted. One connotes arrogance and/or indifference, the other suggests someone who is shy and would rather be alone than in a group of people.
often times introverts can have elements of extrovert in their personalities and visa versa , you can still be an introvert and standoffish imo

why would BM lie to a complete stranger? that makes zero sense, he was passing on what he knew , there is no reason for him to be stating a lie here as it would easily be disproved later , it makes sense to me to still be searching even if an area has been thoroughly searched , if it was my loved one I would still be searching too. The neighbour was contacted because there was no answer from SM the neighbour then went and checked and saw the bike gone, that makes perfect sense to me that an assumption then is that she is on that bike , plus with the bike then being found...
it's ok to disagree it would be a boring discussion if we all agreed wouldn't it ?
We have no knowledge that the neighbor stated the bike was missing.
Why would he lie? How about, if he's guilty of disappearing his wife?
Here's another question, why would he be talking to a complete stranger (one who COULD be his wife's abductor, for all he knew) in the first place?
I haven't seen you before so I'll ask if you're familiar with the investigation and how BM hadn't appealed to the public for help since his 30 sec. (my eyes literally just rolled at a lack of what to call that video) facebook video (that'll do)?
There's a lot to it and yes, I agree how different opinions do make for interesting debate.

Last edited:
My point is that TD was a stranger, maybe the stranger who took his wife.

Except he didn’t. And BM knew that.
why would BM assume that the stranger who supposedly took his wife would be TD or anyone walking around the area in broad daylight? that seems totally implausible , so BM should be suspecting any person he doesn't know who he comes across in the area? ?

We have no knowledge that the neighbor stated the bike was missing.
Why would he lie? How about, if he's guilty of disappearing his wife?
Here's another question, why would he be talking to a complete stranger (one who COULD be his wife's abductor, for all he knew) in the first place?
I haven't seen you before so I'll ask if you familiar with the investigation and how BM hadn't appealed to the public for help since his 30 sec. (my eyes literally just rolled at a lack of what to call that video) facebook video (that'll do)?
There's a lot to it and yes, I agree how different opinions do make for interesting debate.
my point is if he is guilty then that was a pointless , dumb lie to volunteer to a complete stranger , that seems unlikely to me.
yes I have been reading and following this story like a lot of people , and yes I saw that video what struck me was how he was continually shaking his head all the time that was disconcerting , as people seem to think he is an introvert that must have been very difficult for him to make that statement in front of camera.
how likely is it that his wife's abductor would be back in the area of his crime when people are still searching for her,,,,, my view extremely unlikely.

I'm keeping an open mind and following the developments in this case.

I don't remember TD saying he flagged him down. I could be wrong, tho. Are you sure of that?
I hope Crime online is allowed.
"Dyson told CrimeOnline that he had been to the area near Morphew’s home on Saturday and saw Barry Morphew in his truck. He said he came back the next day and when he saw Morphew driving again, he flagged down the pickup truck and spoke to Barry, telling him that he was interested in helping with the search for Suzanne."
COL 6/2/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member