Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but what if there ARE cameras which picked up NO trucks with a bike in the back, but a mangled bike were placed by a tree by a back route? No worries about detection. JMO but an upright bike with no visible signs of entry would raise some questions....

If someone walked that bike to that location, perhaps that person walked back to a starting point (well, like say the Morphew house) and accidentally dropped one article of maybe several that didn't drop en route. Or the article dropped was an article of clothing, used to wipe fingerprints.

Just My Own Speculation

JMO
Why the need for spokespeople?

From the very first day after she went missing there were people being used as spokespeople for the husband.

The big question is why the need for that?

When first asked about making a statement the response was "its too soon" or something to that effect. That was and still is a confusing response because what better time to make a plea for help in finding her than right after she went missing.

The spokespeople started right away.
First it was the fire chief more or less speaking on behalf of the husband.

Then a letter was sent to the church in Indiana and I dont believe we ever found out who the sender was.

Then the nephew was more or less a spokesperson until he stepped away.

Then we had another friend make a statement in support of the husband.

All these spokespeople and the big question is Why does the husband allow all these spokespeople to speak for him?

We know from his own video he put out and also from TD's candid interview he put out he can talk so why doesnt he want to talk for himself?
For something so important, you would think he would want to speak for himself and not allow others to possibly misconstrue whatever message he wants.

Its a mystery right now.
The only thing I can think of where the reluctancy could make some sense is if he knew who took her. For example if a previous worker that maybe worked for him had made threats before or just got fired or something along those lines then maybe he suspects a certain person.

If a person known to him is responsible then it could make some things make sense.

It could make him want to give a reward out to try to get her back. It could also explain the house searches if the person knew where they lived and took her as she was leaving the home. The abduction could have been right near the home if she first started out riding her bike and maybe was taken right near the home and the bike dumped on way out of the area.

It could also maybe explain why the search at the job site if that other person had done any work there.

The problem with that theory though is LE would know who this other person is because he would tell LE of this other person. So by now, LE should have been able to find this other person and interview them unless they skipped town. But then again you would think there would be some kind of BOLO for this other person if they were wanted by LE.

We have no indication that there is a manhunt for some unknown person related to this case. Not that we know of anyway.

There are other things that still dont make sense like being gone to work out of town on a MD Sunday which is strange in and of itself to most people.

And if there was this other mystery person that was suspected then a more direct plea to this person would seem warranted and we dont have that.

So back to the question of why the need for all the spokespeople?
It doesnt make sense to me to let others speak for me for something this important.
Every time I've seen a checklist (we used to have one here on WS, but the referenced web site is down) there are certain things that need to be done. File a missing person report, make and distribute missing person posters, have the person entered in NAMUS. All that's been done here and there other things that need to be done as well. But a spokesperson? Not really, not here. Every list I've seen says that family and maybe friends meet and decide on a SINGLE spokesperson or point of contact. It minimizes miscommunication and if that person is the face of case then information will be funneled to them and not haphazardly. Family member, friend, but one person. In the Alexis Murphy case here in VA we rarely hear from her parents, but an aunt became the spokesperson and a rather vocal and effective one.

We don't have that here. It seems like anything said for Suzanne comes from persons the media, like LS or TD, stumble across here and there. Or a LE press release. It doesn't have to be BM. It could be the nephew, BM or SM sibling, but SOMEONE is needed and its not there. No one's in charge in the circle of family and friends.

IMO you can be CERTAIN LE reviewed people from the campsite. As well, anyone who may have had access to Suzanne on Mother's Day, including days prior. To determine the last person confirmed to see her.

Which likely has kept in their sights the one person who claims to have seen her last.

JMO
But did they do it "immediately" before campers left or before they forgot and who they saw and when.

Agree they have interviewed campers and all relevant nearby people.
But the broad call for info from anyone driving on Hwy 50 on May 10 seems lacking. Local bike club said their members were surprised they were not contacted, just a lot of things that don't match aggressively getting immediately to the network of people possibly having seen something.
Police flyers like "were you shopping here 5/10? Please call us.
It's sad this wasn't done.

new lauren scharf interview with profiling evil:

*suzanne and barry's anniversary is august 5th.

*neighbor who heard late-night noise didn't go to LE, LE was asking around and came to her. she knew property was a work-in-progress, so she recognized the same noises.

*there were no obvious signs of disturbance off the road if she had an accident.

*scott, the bike guy, saw suzanne and worked on her bike thurs, may 7.

*rental properties close to the morphew's: bc of covid, there was nobody staying at any of the properties at the time of her disappearance, and the morphews' stayed in one of these rentals when their home was under investigation.

*a woman was putting up a ribbon along the road to the morphew property, and a man walked up behind her and said, "oh wow, beautiful" and she was super freaked out and left. (this woman saw suzanne riding her bike in the past, and says she wears earbuds).

*it's remote and the river is really loud. you cannot hear cars going by if you are near the river.

*if she had been on a bike ride, she most likely would have been picked up by one of the security cams TD showed us in his last video, so it appears to be unlikely that she went on a bike ride that day. however, LE has not confirmed that, but they have definitely searched the footage.

*no evidence that suzanne's disappearance left that street.

*they had to have something "powerful" to get a second search warrant. (per mike king. it's not easy to get a FIRST search warrant, much less a second. they had something big and probable cause. the judge has to agree with investigators to sign off, and the fact that it was sealed, they do not want any info released.

*trees are super close together, and the cliff where the bike "fell" (next to a tree up against a hill) was impossible to see from the morphew home. you cannot see neighbors homes from the morphew home.

*it's probably very stressful on the kids bc of the anniversary coming up. it is now likely to be a high-pressure, high-emotion situation.

*food orders: cambodian restaurant, a different suzanne picked up food, not suzanne morphew. lauren is still trying to confirm if SM picked up food. she's not disclosing the restaurant right now.

The fact that Scott saw her on Thursday May 7th working on her bike kind of tells us she was planning on riding the bike.

Or maybe someone persuade her into 'fixing' the bike for the scenario to match. Jmo

Last edited:
new lauren scharf interview with profiling evil:

*suzanne and barry's anniversary is august 5th.

*neighbor who heard late-night noise didn't go to LE, LE was asking around and came to her. she knew property was a work-in-progress, so she recognized the same noises.

*there were no obvious signs of disturbance off the road if she had an accident.

*scott, the bike guy, saw suzanne and worked on her bike thurs, may 7.

*rental properties close to the morphew's: bc of covid, there was nobody staying at any of the properties at the time of her disappearance, and the morphews' stayed in one of these rentals when their home was under investigation.

*a woman was putting up a ribbon along the road to the morphew property, and a man walked up behind her and said, "oh wow, beautiful" and she was super freaked out and left. (this woman saw suzanne riding her bike in the past, and says she wears earbuds).

*it's remote and the river is really loud. you cannot hear cars going by if you are near the river.

*if she had been on a bike ride, she most likely would have been picked up by one of the security cams TD showed us in his last video, so it appears to be unlikely that she went on a bike ride that day. however, LE has not confirmed that, but they have definitely searched the footage.

*no evidence that suzanne's disappearance left that street.

*they had to have something "powerful" to get a second search warrant. (per mike king. it's not easy to get a FIRST search warrant, much less a second. they had something big and probable cause. the judge has to agree with investigators to sign off, and the fact that it was sealed, they do not want any info released.

*trees are super close together, and the cliff where the bike "fell" (next to a tree up against a hill) was impossible to see from the morphew home. you cannot see neighbors homes from the morphew home.

*it's probably very stressful on the kids bc of the anniversary coming up. it is now likely to be a high-pressure, high-emotion situation.

*food orders: cambodian restaurant, a different suzanne picked up food, not suzanne morphew. lauren is still trying to confirm if SM picked up food. she's not disclosing the restaurant right now.

*BM, you are welcome to the show! :)
Great summary! I want to focus on this revelation:

So up until now, I was under the impression that this woman called in a tip after hearing the late-night noises.

Now it appears, that law enforcement was already interested in that area. If they were already interested in the area, then this means they already suspected at that point that there was no bike ride.

I’d love to know what drew them there in the first place. My hope is that it was some sort of GPS data, from his phone or vehicle.

So up until now, I was under the impression that this woman called in a tip after hearing the late-night noises.

Now it appears, that law enforcement was already interested in that area. If they were already interested in the area, then this means they already suspected at that point that there was no bike ride.

I’d love to know what drew them there in the first place. My hope is that it was some sort of GPS data, from his phone or vehicle.

yes!! be sure you go back and read my post again, bc i was adding to it as i was watching. ;) some really important new info @MassGuy !!! FINALLY. we are close. i feel it.

eta: oops, my bad, you had the whole thing. lol.

... and that learned BM on Wednesday evening, when he had a walk with Suzanne and met the cleaning lady, who had cleaned after departure of the last guests. IF it was BM and IF premeditated, then PERHAPS spontaneous planned by him since Wednesday night. Maybe, it was a welcome info, he got during that walk.

... and that learned BM on Wednesday evening, when he had a walk with Suzanne and met the cleaning lady, who had cleaned after departure of the last guests. IF it was BM and IF premeditated, then PERHAPS spontaneous planned by him since Wednesday night. Maybe, it was a welcome info, he got during that walk.

Yes! Feels like everything came together and the opportunity presented itself. Jmo

The fact that Scott saw her on Thursday May 7th working on her bike kind of tells us she was planning on riding the bike.

Or maybe someone swayed her into 'fixing' the bike for the scenario to match. Jmo

Suppose Scott set the wheel lock to prevent the wheel from spinning for her trip back home. If there was no bike ride prior to her disappearance, it would still be set. Oops.

And if someone swayed her to have her bike repaired, well, that would be a fine situational irony. Moo as always.

Suppose Scott set the wheel lock to prevent the wheel from spinning for her trip back home. If there was no bike ride prior to her disappearance, it would still be set. Oops.

And if someone swayed her to have her bike repaired, well, that would be a fine situational irony. Moo as always.

That would be major indeed. I still wonder if the wheel lock was necessary to detectives to look in a particular direction. Lots of stuff does not really add up. Jmo

Or another neighbor or a tip from a known person, not an anonymous one.
I would think anyone would be smart enough to leave a phone at home and possibly using someone else's car that's too old to have GPS. I had a 20 year old Lumina before I bought my new car. Hey, don't judge, I loved that car! :p
Lot's of people have older cars and I don't know what SM drove. I also have suspicions that BM didn't act alone, if he did have something to do with it.
Workers, I'd assume, have old pickups or the like.
JMO

That's my thought as well - the timing is about right for phone pings IMO. Which now makes me wonder what they may have found during those 3 days?
JMO

I also think it was thrown down deliberately. I think it was a carefully thought out location that couldn’t be seen from the main road, would not be noticed immediately by passers by, (too soon?), but would be found rather easily after a search was begun. All done to validate the narrative of the MD bike ride.
Thrown by a fit person with strong biceps, I would think, because afaik mountain bikes are relatively heavy. MOO

If the cleaning lady was cleaning up after guests during a time there were no rentals, WHO had stayed there? Without a rebuttal agreement but known, because someone sent the cleaning lady to clean. Was BM inquiring or covering? Is it the same rental BM used, per PE, while the facility home was sealed from him? And did he have a rental agreement or just a friend with an open rental?

All my own speculation

I couldn't quite follow her line of facts on the bike repair. She stated she learned Suzanne had her bike worked on that Thursday, 7 May. But then she says she is still trying to get an interview with Scot? It sounds like she hasn't actually spoken with Scot? (And Scot sounds like a one-man operation out of a garage, so it doesn't sound like he has any employees she might have spoken to.) Does Scot have a part time helper and she spoke with that person? Or was this a rumor? I didn't get a solid feeling this has been confirmed yet. If so, though, then we have the cleaning lady who saw them Wed, 6 May and now this on Thur, 7 May. I'm curious about the work, although it may not have any bearing on the case besides the timeline. It could be he fixed or replaced a shifter, brake pads or trued a wheel or any number of things.

i don't disagree i am just asking the question, but i have read detectives can call a case cold within as little as a week

the second the search warrant is neither here nor there if you ask me, they also searched that property connected to her husbands work awhile a go as well and nothing came of it, and they had access to their property for quite a while as well

but yeah its an interesting case because i can't remember a case of a missing middle aged women with so little to go on publically

you'd think if she was actually kidnapped by a stranger there would be something, a phone call, a note, a ransom... demands.. anything ...[/QUOTE

The only person who suggested kidnapping is BM in his 'reach out to the kidnappers' video.

If the cleaning lady was cleaning up after guests during a time there were no rentals, WHO had stayed there? Without a rebuttal agreement but known, because someone sent the cleaning lady to clean. Was BM inquiring or covering? Is it the same rental BM used, per PE, while the facility home was sealed from him? And did he have a rental agreement or just a friend with an open rental?

All my own speculation
Good catch. I missed that. Of course, a rental property owner might have been using a rental property along with friends/family. As long as the owner stays within the IRS rule of the 14 days of personal use or 10% of the total rental days they don't lose some of their tax benefits.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

It’s not easy to get multiple search warrants at the same house, or be granted permission to dig up someone’s property.

Unless the FBI and CBI forgot how to handle a potential abduction, it’s apparent to me they knew that’s not what they were dealing with.

In the same breath, it’s also pretty obvious to me they knew exactly what they were dealing with.

Very early on too.

In the Thomas case, we had some interesting developments in those early days, but the case couldn’t be more different.

We didn’t hear about multiple search warrants, and the possibility that Barb did succumb to misadventure, is at least theoretically possible.

Not that I believe that for a second.

There also doesn’t appear to have been (what is in reality) a multiple agency task force assigned to the investigation.

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member