Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been reporting on BM? More than BT husband? RT gave an interview. It was known he was the last person who saw her alive- they were RV’ing together- etc- he admits such.

I have to agree with OP, there was in fact a message at the beginning of each thread here that once stated that BM had not been identified by LE as a POI, and as such he was still considered a victim and we were not to go in on him for that reason, per TOS -

I must ask, when did this go out the proverbial window and based upon what verified facts? MSM links and LE statements would be appreciated.

Because I must agree here with the OP’s reality that there is double standard that is in play here.

I have yet to see anything by LE or MSM that begins with or even eludes to “BM now being considered/investigated, questioned, held, etc regarding the disappearance of his wife SM. Firmly and unequivocally stating him as a POI, in fact no one has been.

I feel some of the statements and theories thrown out here prior to him officially being named a POI have been disrespectful. Even if followed by any disclaimer of “MOO” or “IMOO”. Personally, that can wait for another time if it comes. And honestly I don’t feel it’s keeping consistent with the rules here. I’ve read some comments that are shocking to me in terms of graphic speculation, for someone who is not yet POI, the hate here is running deep and detracting from the real issue.

Often lately, I’m let down by this thread. I expect more here.

As if I need to add, with much thought, MOO. And I hope this comment doesn’t get removed, as I feel it’s valid, although it may be rile some, that is not my intent.
Yes exactly,said so much better than I did.I think RT andBM both have some 'splainin' to do.

If the cleaning lady was cleaning up after guests during a time there were no rentals, WHO had stayed there? Without a rebuttal agreement but known, because someone sent the cleaning lady to clean. Was BM inquiring or covering? Is it the same rental BM used, per PE, while the facility home was sealed from him? And did he have a rental agreement or just a friend with an open rental?

All my own speculation

Maybe they had been empty for several weeks but the owners wanted a general cleanup before guests would begin to arrive (after Covid restrictions were lifted).

There are lots of rental properties where I live in Ontario; people come for the winter months renting chalets for skiing, ski-dooing, and general winter fun then there's what we call the shoulder season, nothing much happening, snow's melted, everything is damp and soggy, etc, then tourists are back for the summer for cottage rentals for swimming, kayaking, boating, etc. That season lasts a lot longer because of the spectacular fall colours.

I do have a condo that we rent about 2 miles from my home. I have offered it to essential personnel for housing needs. Things are still being rented, it’s simply more cumbersome and we have standards to follow. IMO, it’s still possible someone was staying there.

Yes, completely possible someone was staying there and countless other places all around.

Also, kudos to you for offering up your rental to essential personnel- that’s very compassionate, helpful and thoughtful of you during theses times. Give yourself a hug! :) Way to be!!!

This really stood out to me! Why would a home cleaning service (cleaning lady)be there doing cleaning at an AirB&B type rental on May 6/7 if supposedly no short term rentals were allowed since mid March per LS in the most recent PE just posted?

LS interviewed the said cleaning lady, who gave her account- seeing the M’s while taking out the trash from clearing out the rental. Really...almost 2 months after the last guests stayed? Must have been pretty stinky in there. Yuck!!!

I’m guessing there were guests, just hosts not wanting to be caught breaking the Covid restrictions on record with LS- understandable- these income properties are just that- income- can’t let a pandemic stop your cash flow! I know more than a few people who bent rules and slunk around the restrictions to keep income flowing-and no, they did not get caught. People are people...

MOO.
I live in a high tourist area by the beach on the east coast. Nearly every rental home that is usually empty until May was filled by April with folks escaping city lockdowns. Some were the owners, but many were rented by rental agencies who chose to ignore our “no short term rentals” mandate. It’s always all about the money.

Yes, completely possible someone was staying there and countless other places all around.

Also, kudos to you for offering up your rental to essential personnel- that’s very compassionate, helpful and thoughtful of you during theses times. Give yourself a hug! :) Way to be!!!
I’m pretty sure that in Lauren’s latest video with the “Profiling Evil” guys, she said that none of the rentals in the area had been rented since March.

Also, if there had been people staying in those homes, I would have expected a completely different response from law enforcement.

That is, unless there was something that made it clear a stranger wasn’t responsible.

Thrown by a fit person with strong biceps, I would think, because afaik mountain bikes are relatively heavy. MOO

AFAIK...most mountain bikes are quite lightweight- while mountain biking one must ascend the trails and mountains to be able to gain the ultimate thrill of the descent.

Mountain bikes are usually made out of lightweight materials to make the ascent a bit more manageable for the rider...that climb is hard enough- imagine adding to it a heavy bike! They engineered around this many years ago...MOO

Maybe they had been empty for several weeks but the owners wanted a general cleanup before guests would begin to arrive (after Covid restrictions were lifted).

There are lots of rental properties where I live in Ontario; people come for the winter months renting chalets for skiing, ski-dooing, and general winter fun then there's what we call the shoulder season, nothing much happening, snow's melted, everything is damp and soggy, etc, then tourists are back for the summer for cottage rentals for swimming, kayaking, boating, etc. That season lasts a lot longer because of the spectacular fall colours.

Pretty much the same seasons on Monarch Pass, except that there is a fair amount of traffic in April, May and Early June from people that are "in the know". Springtime in the Rockies really has a unique beauty <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK...most mountain bikes are quite lightweight- while mountain biking one must ascend the trails and mountains to be able to gain the ultimate thrill of the descent.

Mountain bikes are usually made out of lightweight materials to make the ascent a bit more manageable for the rider...that climb is hard enough- imagine adding to it a heavy bike! They engineered around this many years ago...MOO
Mountain bikes are not that light, especially if you have full suspension. Here is one Trek bike:
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...ikes/remedy/remedy-8/p/24480/?colorCode=black
Almost 32 pounds for a medium without pedals and tool/tube kit. The Top Fuel ($5500) is probably 28 or 29 pounds. I ride one of the largest road bike sizes you can get and my old metal frame Trek with a triple chainring is my heaviest bike and only weighs 22. But are they are very low geared compared to a road bike.

But why throw it? Just back off to the other side of the road, get a running start and shove it down the ravine. Not that I would ever stage a bike wreck, mind you. :cool:

I’m pretty sure that in Lauren’s latest video with the “Profiling Evil” guys, she said that none of the rentals in the area had been rented since March.

Also, if there had been people staying in those homes, I would have expected a completely different response from law enforcement.

That is, unless there was something that made it clear a stranger wasn’t responsible.

I thought LS simply stated there were not to be any rentals due to COV-19 restrictions- and she listed dates the restrictions were in effect. I didn’t hear her say it had been verified- and if so, what are the parameters?

Because I’m a must have an answer person, let’s say there were renters staying within the general vicinity of the M house around Mother’s Day. What is the completely different response you would have expected to see from LE that we would be aware of?

Also, if I may, do you think there is something that’s made it clear to LE there was no stranger /other except BM? I know you post a lot, just asking you to narrow the lens...thx-

i just listened again, and lauren said she was trying to figure out who had stayed in the properties close to the morphew home, and no one had stayed in the rentals from march 15 to june, due to covid. (starts at about 18:00).

mike responds that that's interesting bc it takes us away from the "boogeyman" in the neighborhood and any stranger that could have been renting one of the properties or travelling through doing construction work.

This really stood out to me! Why would a home cleaning service (cleaning lady)be there doing cleaning at an AirB&B type rental on May 6/7 if supposedly no short term rentals were allowed since mid March per LS in the most recent PE just posted?

LS interviewed the said cleaning lady, who gave her account- seeing the M’s while taking out the trash from clearing out the rental. Really...almost 2 months after the last guests stayed? Must have been pretty stinky in there. Yuck!!!

I’m guessing there were guests, just hosts not wanting to be caught breaking the Covid restrictions on record with LS- understandable- these income properties are just that- income- can’t let a pandemic stop your cash flow! I know more than a few people who bent rules and slunk around the restrictions to keep income flowing-and no, they did not get caught. People are people...

MOO.

I do have a condo that we rent about 2 miles from my home. I have offered it to essential personnel for housing needs. Things are still being rented, it’s simply more cumbersome and we have standards to follow. IMO, it’s still possible someone was staying there.
in the recent interview with lauren, she stated it was last rented in march.

Just watched it as well. You are correct, last “stayed in” in March. Good catch.

i just listened again, and lauren said she was trying to figure out who had stayed in the properties close to the morphew home, and no one had stayed in the rentals from march 15 to june, due to covid. (starts at about 18:00).

mike responds that that's interesting bc it takes us away from the "boogeyman" in the neighborhood and any stranger that could have been renting one of the properties or travelling through doing construction work.
Interesting.....

Very kind of you, thank you!

Mountain bikes are not that light, especially if you have full suspension.

Most fairly fit men can easily pick up a mountain bike (and many women can too, btw). 25 to 28 lbs is not that big of a deal. It's not like that bike would be carried for more than 100 ft in this situation. I wonder if that bike had a pack on it, a tool bag or any of those things.

Most fairly fit men can easily pick up a mountain bike (and many women can too, btw). 25 to 28 lbs is not that big of a deal. It's not like that bike would be carried for more than 100 ft in this situation. I wonder if that bike had a pack on it, a tool bag or any of those things.
You would be very wise to have a tool kit with a CO2 pump and spare tube. From the one photo, Suzanne used a hydration pack so there probably wouldn't be any water bottles.

I thought LS simply stated there were not to be any rentals due to COV-19 restrictions- and she listed dates the restrictions were in effect. I didn’t hear her say it had been verified- and if so, what are the parameters?

Because I’m a must have an answer person, let’s say there were renters staying within the general vicinity of the M house around Mother’s Day. What is the completely different response you would have expected to see from LE that we would be aware of?

Also, if I may, do you think there is something that’s made it clear to LE there was no stranger /other except BM? I know you post a lot, just asking you to narrow the lens...thx-
I think law enforcement would have searched those homes, and we’d see behavior that indicated they were exploring the possibility of some sort of stranger abduction.

If they weren’t positive what occurred, I’d expect them to do the same things they did in the Watts and Berreth cases (official missing persons posters with detailed description, and a timeline of Suzanne’s last known movements).

All we’ve seen is an intense focus on the Morphew home, as well as that property BM worked on.

And silence, which I find to be incredibly encouraging.

Also, what exactly do we know about the RV park that is very close to the M home? There absolutely had to be people staying/living there daily, weekly monthly- who knows- those places are well, transient- and that is their intent and purpose.

It’s not like when Covid occurred they could come in and extract people from there- so what about the “residents” and visitors there? Are we aware of any searches that took place there? Canvassing?

Seems like that would have been a ripe place to examine- did I miss this piece? Is it one of the places that was searched in the 10 searches we’ve heard about possibly?

Too.Many.Questions. Hello Answers....????

Edited by me- to remove (my!) inaccurate information that I do not want circulating- o_O

Last edited:
Time for me to step away. I was holding off hoping the temp would drop more for my daily bike ride, but it is still 94 with 50% humidity.

If don't come back in 2 hours and they find my bike in a ditch have'em call the local PD. I might have been abducted. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot