Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t remember if it was in the YouTube video with Barry and Tyson, or if it was during Tyson’s appearance on “Profiling Evil,” but I remember Barry allegedly saying that Denver job was “very unusual.”

So we have an unusual event there, and Barry leaving at 5AM to set up this job on Mother’s Day.

As the PE guys would say, “red flag.”
I watched PE last night and I have a question because we have all questioned the bike ride story.

BM contacted the neighbor to check on Suzanne. If she saw both cars at home, he must have given her the garage door code. She likely entered the home while talking with BM and calling out for Suzanne. He may have even asked her to look through the house. We do not know since she isn’t speaking out at this time.

If she knew Suzanne rode her bike occasionally or often, is it possible she is the one who inserted the bike story, by telling BM the bike was missing?

The PE guys are assuming BM inserted the bike story which, if he did, would have caused a red flag. But what if he didn’t? What if it was his neighbor?

My biggest take away from last night was the fact that Suzanne’s friend was texting with her and it went dark. That by itself would not alert me because Suzanne's family stated to the PE guys that they knew the cell phone and internet service was horrible where the Morphews live.

What did cause a huge red flag was the comment that the friend of Suzanne’s tried to no avail to keep reaching her, even later, and no one responded.

Now honestly, it could be BM was too devastated to contact her friends because Suzanne was gone. But I don’t buy that. There are rumors her cellphone was not missing. If that’s the case then a frightened husband would check out and call everyone in her contact list. I would think!

But is her cell phone missing? I wish LE would update the public on those little tidbits.

Another red flag is that BM isn’t contacting family members. Again, I guess his lawyer could be telling him to talk to no one. But seriously?

It really looks bad for BM.

“Oh, Suzanne!”

Exactly.

So much to digest. BM had so much to do and so little time to do it.
Saturday evening Suzanne's conversation ends abruptly.
I believe this is the time that she is murdered.
He has to conceal her body. Weight her down in a nearby creek? Or bundle her up and take her farther away?
BM may have been at the Salida work site just before midnight Saturday evening. Finishing work that he had originally intended to finish Sunday? Or loading equipment to take to Denver?
Or loading equipment to use to bury Suzanne?
I'm thinking that he did not sleep at all Saturday night. He spent it cleaning and planning and staging and possibly disposing of Suzanne under the cover of darkness.

PE threw a red flag on the two cars in the driveway that did not belong to BM. ????
If they belonged to workers that rode with him to Denver, then he couldn't have stopped along the way for a body dump.

I'm thinking that if he was accompanied to Denver, he likely had already disposed of Suzanne before he left.

BM better get his affairs in order, cause he's goin down. Moo
Oh Fireflize! I have to go back and listen to PE again. I understood the two cars at the home belonged to the Morphews. Maybe one belonging to Suzanne and the other belonging to one of the daughters. But you are saying the PE guys said there’s were two unknown cars in the driveway. That isn’t something I have ever heard. I’m not sure that is correct.

Oh Fireflize! I have to go back and listen to PE again. I understood the two cars at the home belonged to the Morphews. Maybe one belonging to Suzanne and the other belonging to one of the daughters. But you are saying the PE guys said there’s were two unknown cars in the driveway. That isn’t something I have ever heard. I’m not sure that is correct.

BBM:

No, the PE guys didn't say there were two strange cars in the driveway.

They simply said neither of them was BM's vehicle.

So, it may very well be that it was SM's and one of the daughter's vehicles that were in the driveway.

JMO.

I am back and forth on whether I think it was rage/spontaneous like you are speculating (I can totally see this) or planned out/pre-meditated—everyone conveniently out of town at a weird time for anyone to be anywhere etc. I just don’t know and I can lay it out either way in my mind. We’ll find out when more details emerge, I guess, but I agree that his goose is cooked!!!

Yes premeditation crossed my mind too. Girls away from a planned camping trip. A jobsite that was instructed to pour concrete 1 or 2 days after mothers day. It all feels to convenient. Jmo

This thought crossed my mind. I think it's likely that all the new information PE discussed was thoroughly vetted by LE.

I wonder if we will see an arrest sooner v later.

MOO
I agree. And I think the PE guys do not want to burn their bridges with LE. When all is said and done, I think they’d like to be at the front of the line to get the inside scoop on the investigation.

We have an "alleged" wood chipper murder case coming up in Australia.
The victim was allegedly put in the wood chipper alive :(
I’m not sure why the ‘wood chipper’ keeps coming up? There are a million possibilities for explaining the disappearance of a body, and I find the ‘wood chipper’ explanation to be less likely than at least a hundred other theories.

The following is a clip from a transcript of a recent 48 Hours show about the disappearance of Crystal McDowell during Hurricane Harvey in 2017. Her ex husband, Steve McDowell eventually led police to the body.
Part of the show featured Steve’s daughter Krysta, from a previous marriage, who stood behind her father during the entire investigation. I couldn’t help but think of SM’s daughters when I watched Krysta’s heartbreak when she found out what her father had done.
Krysta McDowell: He looks at me and he says … "the Rangers told me that if I tell them where the body is that … 'They'll lessen my punishment.'" And I said, "Well, you don't know where the body is. Like, how would you know?" …And he was like, "What if it's true?"

Krysta McDowell: And I asked him, "Do you know where the body is?" And he just, like, looked away from me and -- just, like, bawled his eyes out. And at that point I knew that he knew where it was.

Maureen Maher: What did you think at that point?

Krysta McDowell: I don't know. What do you think? [Emotional, her voice breaks] If someone you love and you've sat here and defended the whole time tells you they're guilty, what do you think?

Maureen Maher: Did you think he had actually confessed to you at that point? Even though he never said the actual words?

Krysta McDowell: [nods to affirm] 'Cause I asked him what he did over and over. I begged him to tell me. And he was just like, "I just -- I can't tell you what I did."

BBM:

No, the PE guys didn't say there were two strange cars in the driveway.

They simply said neither of them was BM's vehicle.

So, it may very well be that it was SM's and one of the daughter's vehicles that were in the driveway.

JMO.

Thx for correction. I don't have time to relisten right now. Did they throw a red flag on the two cars??? Tia.

I’m not sure why the ‘wood chipper’ keeps coming up? There are a million possibilities for explaining the disappearance of a body, and I find the ‘wood chipper’ explanation to be less likely than at least a hundred other theories.
I think because BM, as a landscaper, had access to a lot of machinery that a regular, (MOO theory), wife killer wouldn’t. He also had one of those diggie thingies at his disposal. Besides checking motive, LE needs to investigate all possible means.

Thx. I edited my post!

Thx for correction. I don't have time to relisten right now. Did they throw a red flag on the two cars??? Tia.
I don’t think so, I think that’s just information.
Come to think of it, they did question why Suzanne didn’t drive off?

I am not understanding where they were coming from. Chris mentioned it a couple of times and I suppose he was thinking of if she had left her family on her own.

Either she rode her bike and something happened to her. Or she was already dead and the bike was planted by the person with the story.

Like them, I would love to think she is having a drink on an island somewhere. :(

Not that I recall. They only mentioned it in relation to how the bike story evolved. The neighbor saw that the cars were in the driveway and told Barry. After that, it was discovered that the bike was missing. I'm assuming Barry told her to check for the bike in the garage. Maybe it was left unlocked, since apparently there are no windows?

Important to note:
SM's family reached out to PE guys after listening to their channel.
Yes and they were not reaching out to say BM is innocent.
RSBM
Speaking of "concerned" friends, the family's concerns sure aren't matching up with the shade being thrown by Barry's good friend, Troy Skinner. If the family has kept up with PE, most likely they are bound to have read what's out there posted by Troy, IMO.

And where did Barry get his description of Suzanne, blue helmet and biking clothes to drop off at a shop a few days later? Could the purpose of that visit be to spread the narrative to a wider local audience?
Especially if she was supposedly asleep when he left. Unless she always wears the same thing biking or he knows exactly what she has and what is missing?

I agree. And I think the PE guys do not want to burn their bridges with LE. When all is said and done, I think they’d like to be at the front of the line to get the inside scoop on the investigation.
Yeah, on at least one occasion they said they weren’t going to go any further on a subject, as they didn’t want to interfere with the investigation.

They held back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member