Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there was clarification... Did the PE guys have contact with SM’s friend, the friend SM was texting with? Or is this information about SM’s text messages stopping abruptly coming out through SM’s family?

Also, this friend of SM’s, does she live in Indiana?

i understood it to be suzanne's best friend, and that they were discussing her friend's son's upcoming wedding via text, when she suddenly stopped responding. since it was her best friend, i'd assume it was a long-time friend from indiana. not that it would be that unusual for her to have a new best friend in colorado, but if i remember correctly, we've heard she stayed more to herself in colorado i believe. i'm listening to PE again, so if i come back across that info i'll edit my post.

ETA: ha! that part came up exactly 10 secs after i hit post on this post. ok, she was talking with a girl friend about an upcoming family wedding, and they were discussing how suzanne could help with the wedding, and then suzanne just disappeared from the conversation.

Last edited:
The biggest piece for me is the police still not acknowledging the bike being found and also the family member who said to ask about the condition of the bike. I feel like there is something big about this information.

Somebody mentioned the possibility of the bike already being broken while it was at the house and thus not being rideable and that if it was indeed planted, the person who planted it may not have noticed it was already broken and would not have been rideable from the house, maybe she even had more than one bike. There are different bikes for different kinds of rides, Road bikes for the road and off road mountain bikes for off road trails. Maybe one of her bikes was broken and somebody planted the broken bike. I thought it was an interesting theory.

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would help him. I can absolutely see him losing his temper and killing her, but who in their right mind would help him hide that? Besides being immoral, why insert yourself into a situation that will clearly cost you your freedom?
Ask Krystal Kenney! No problem for that demon :mad::mad::mad:

It would be interesting to know if BM can prove a history of starting work at 5am in Sunday’s or if this was a highly coincidental, isolated event.
I’m sure LE has checked out the Denver job alibi very thoroughly. However, it has always been curious to me as to how a landscaper from Boonie, CO lands this big commercial landscaping job in Denver. There’s probably at least a hundred companies in Denver that could do this work. Why BLM?
My theory? BM met the owner in Salida. A lot of people have second homes in the Salida area. Work was probably slow in the Spring due to the pandemic. During the course of a casual conversation with BM, Denver guy mentions a project he has in Denver. BM jumps in and volunteers to do the site work for a very good price.
Denver guy never imagined that he will shortly be dragged in as a possible alibi in a MP/homicide case.
MOO

I don't think that's such a wild guess, at all. We know something put LE on high alert almost immediately; could it have been a phone call LE received from the friend, who may have known of or read that email to their church in IN?
I agree. I think Suzanne’s friend and the neighbor provided LE with information that caused the alert. If the neighbor saw Suzanne’s car and another car, she would assume Suzanne was inside, possibly with a friend. She reports this info back to BM. BM then tells her to go check on the bike. The neighbor probably thought that was strange. MOO I wonder if the neighbor knocked on the door and didn’t get a response. PE said they reached out to the neighbor. I think she holds a lot of pertinent information and is keeping quiet. I think it’s horrible that she got dragged into this. MOO

WOW and BAM indeed!

This is so sad. So interesting to finally hear what her family and friends are thinking. Firms up my suspicions about what happened to her and who did it for sure!

I really want to know what LE told the family. It seems to me they do have lots of evidence. Man I hope so. I hope there’s no chance the person responsible isn’t able to be held accountable. Ugh. It was pretty evident from the beginning what most likely happened, but now I don’t know how it could be anything else. So many details we don’t know, like if anyone else is involved, but in my mind I am convinced who did this.

I truly hope things start to move along. It’s just evil what these girls have had to go through. :(

It would be interesting to know if BM can prove a history of starting work at 5am in Sunday’s or if this was a highly coincidental, isolated event.
I don’t remember if it was in the YouTube video with Barry and Tyson, or if it was during Tyson’s appearance on “Profiling Evil,” but I remember Barry allegedly saying that Denver job was “very unusual.”

So we have an unusual event there, and Barry leaving at 5AM to set up this job on Mother’s Day.

As the PE guys would say, “red flag.”

Yes, her friend stated that after the communication suddenly ceased, she tried numerous times to communicate but it was not reciprocated. She likely tried to reach her throughout the day on Sunday and by then was very worried.

This is a very powerful piece of information! She was alive texting with her friend in IN. BM possibly came in/came home and may have been triggered by Suzanne texting/interacting with a friend. He may have wanted/expected all of her attention. Totally unrealistic, but some men (and some women) unfortunately are wired that way. This could have potentially set him off... MOO.

This is very bad for BMs timeline. As some on here say, his goose is cooked (always wanted to use that expression... :)). The truth will come out!

But months have passed and there has not been a mistress thrown in the mix (that we know of). I would think LE would have been able to find that info out rather quickly and put pressure on her.
Agree. I think any mistress would have surfaced by now. MOO.
I agree. If there is another woman, I would think one or more of her friends would know about the affair. I find it very unusual that she hasn’t surfaced by now and/or one of her friends hasn’t come forward. However, maybe someone has gone to LE with some information but are remaining very tight-lipped. MOO

This is a very powerful piece of information! She was alive texting with her friend in IN. BM possibly came in/came home and may have been triggered by Suzanne texting/interacting with a friend. He may have wanted/expected all of her attention. Totally unrealistic, but some men (and some women) unfortunately are wired that way. This could have potentially set him off... MOO.

This is very bad for BMs timeline. As some on here say, his goose is cooked (always wanted to use that expression... :)). The truth will come out!
I am back and forth on whether I think it was rage/spontaneous like you are speculating (I can totally see this) or planned out/pre-meditated—everyone conveniently out of town at a weird time for anyone to be anywhere etc. I just don’t know and I can lay it out either way in my mind. We’ll find out when more details emerge, I guess, but I agree that his goose is cooked!!!

Agree. I think any mistress would have surfaced by now. MOO.
Or a mistress may never have realized that BM was a monster until this incident, and is in hiding - esp if she was coerced somehow into helping after the fact. Totally IMO and speculation that a mistress even exists.

if BM did it, I tend to think it was spur of the moment. I have the impression this was a strongly patriarchal family and that BM has some grandiosity and control-freak tendencies as well. Maybe she put down her phone mid-conversation with her friend to use the restroom or something and he took the opportunity to snoop, and found something he was threatened by, and went nuts. IMO.

Abusers can often keep it together if others are around (kids, for example), but on that day there was no one around and tragedy ensued.

If he’d planned this, I imagine it would have been better executed so that LE wouldn’t have instantly zeroed in, as they seem to have done. I mean, it didn’t have to happen at the house, but apparently it did.

So much to digest. BM had so much to do and so little time to do it.
Saturday evening Suzanne's conversation ends abruptly.
I believe this is the time that she is murdered.
He has to conceal her body. Weight her down in a nearby creek? Or bundle her up and take her farther away?
BM may have been at the Salida work site just before midnight Saturday evening. Finishing work that he had originally intended to finish Sunday? Or loading equipment to take to Denver?
Or loading equipment to use to bury Suzanne?
I'm thinking that he did not sleep at all Saturday night. He spent it cleaning and planning and staging and possibly disposing of Suzanne under the cover of darkness.

BM better get his affairs in order, cause he's goin down. Moo

Last edited:
Just speculation...but maybe one of the daughters called the friend SM had been texting with on Mother’s Day to see if she had heard from SM. The friend could have then told LE or the daughter about the text conversation from the prior evening, thus making LE suspicious of the bike story. JMO

Or a mistress may never have realized that BM was a monster until this incident, and is in hiding - esp if she was coerced somehow into helping after the fact. Totally IMO and speculation that a mistress even exists.

if BM did it, I tend to think it was spur of the moment. I have the impression this was a strongly patriarchal family and that BM has some grandiosity and control-freak tendencies as well. Maybe she put down her phone mid-conversation with her friend to use the restroom or something and he took the opportunity to snoop, and found something he was threatened by, and went nuts. IMO.

Abusers can often keep it together if others are around (kids, for example), but on that day there was no one around and tragedy ensued.

If he’d planned this, I imagine it would have been better executed so that LE wouldn’t have instantly zeroed in, as they seem to have done. I mean, it didn’t have to happen at the house, but apparently it did.
BBM

Really good points.

BBM:

I completely agree with all the other posts speculating about the possibility of there being something that came up in the course of that text conversation that set him off.

It sounds like SM and her bestie were discussing the friend's upcoming wedding plans, but most conversations between friends aren't completely one-sided. SM may also have been catching her friend up on what was happening in her life out in CO. If she was struggling with any feelings of isolation, missing her best friend, wishing she could be back in IN with her best friends and family, etc., she would have more than likely voiced that to her friend. SM may have expressed regret about moving away from IN and/or the reasons that led up to that move.

If SM had laid her phone down at some point during the convo to go take care of something, BM may have taken that opportunity to pick up her phone and "eavesdrop" on the conversation.

There may have been something said by one or the other of them that he took personally.

For thin-skinned types blessed with a hair-trigger temper, sometimes a single throwaway comment is all it takes to light the match.

JMO.

Last edited:
I am back and forth on whether I think it was rage/spontaneous like you are speculating (I can totally see this) or planned out/pre-meditated—everyone conveniently out of town at a weird time for anyone to be anywhere etc. I just don’t know and I can lay it out either way in my mind. We’ll find out when more details emerge, I guess, but I agree that his goose is cooked!!!
I keep going back and forth on this as well. I would love to know more about the job in Denver. Did the owners of the property know he would be working there on Sunday? If so, how far back was it scheduled? If it was a last minute thing and not scheduled, then I lean towards rage/spontaneous. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54