Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could be an Amber Frey situation where LE knows of a mistress and she is working with them to record BM. That would be a reason that it may be kept quiet.

Yeah I’m seeing that maybe some larger news outlets are now pursuing some of the rumored players. The PE guys are working the case in their own way. I wonder if it feels really good to them to be doing their part in perhaps nudging this along.

Or it could be an Amber Frey situation where LE knows of a mistress and she is working with them to record BM. That would be a reason that it may be kept quiet.

That one chemo witness (who sat aside SM during treatments )said BM seemed off to her. This made me think of a mistress scenario or a financial scenario where the dear husband might be disappointed that he’s not going to be bachelor-ing it soon.
“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Her daughters (one or both) would always be with her for her treatments. I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there.

MOO

Not the first time I've had the thought that Barry was a bit disappointed that Suzanne made it through the last cancer bout. I think he already had his Hot Needy Widower plan all drawn up in his head.

Plus, we know he has a temper, due to the lawsuit in Indiana. Which BTW, the PE guys mentioned that the Morphews moved due to "stressors." Yeah, like maybe a public court record of a contractor who goes ballistic at the slightest provocation? Work dried up, his business was in a steep decline.

MOO

That one chemo witness (who sat aside SM during treatments )said BM seemed off to her. This made me think of a mistress scenario or a financial scenario where the dear husband might be disappointed that he’s not going to be bachelor-ing it soon.
“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado
Her daughters (one or both) would always be with her for her treatments. I saw Barry come in once, he was not overly friendly and seemed to be uncomfortable there.

MOO
it also may be that he was not the focus of attention as well as having to do things for himself since she was going through treatment.

Well, there's a legal difference between accomplice liability for assisting in an actual crime (principal) versus liability for aiding a person after the commission of a crime (accessory after the fact). If a person assists in planning & carrying out a crime, then -- yes -- one is equally culpable as the perpetrator. This is why a get-away driver is as culpable as the actual bank robber.

The punishment for an accessory after the fact varies from state to state. The feds can punish such an accessory with a sentence up to half of what a principal could receive. 18 U.S. Code § 3. Here in Indiana, the level of punishment that an accessory after the fact may receive varies depending on the level of crime of the principals, and -- interestingly -- provides that parents, children, and spouses cannot be charged with assisting a criminal. Ind. Code § 35-44.1-2-5.

There are interesting versions. I remember how 3 young men broke into an old guy’s house to rob him, he hid in the closet with a gun, fired and killed one of the men. The two others were accused of murder. So to say, creating the situation that led to murder.

What if SM forbade some friend of BM to enter the house? And the person did, and the argument resulted in SM’s death? Is it possible to accuse both BM and that person of murder?

I was wondering the same thing. If it was a bff from IN and Suzanne was planning to attend the wedding and told BM I’m going to stay in IN with my friend for awhile...maybe things had been building up and she wanted a trial separation or needed time away to think or something along those lines? All speculation!

One more possible scenario (MOO) that would tie to financial strain in their relationship:

What if, for whatever reason, SM was offering to help pay for some portion of the friend’s son’s wedding or reception or honeymoon? Maybe Barry was very controlling financially, BM is upset that SM won’t sign off on property sales, he’s doing odd jobs to make ends meet, and SM being the generous/caring person we’ve heard about is offering to give friends money to help them out.

He snaps and things happen.

The friend in IN is left hanging mid text exchange on financial info that would help pay for her son’s wedding.

Yes premeditation crossed my mind too. Girls away from a planned camping trip. A jobsite that was instructed to pour concrete 1 or 2 days after mothers day. It all feels to convenient. Jmo

My suspicion is premeditated as well. We’ve seen that the reality of murder is quite different from the contemplation. Criminals don’t realize how many details there are to deal with. Until they get there.

My feeling is it could’ve been planned and then when reality hit, it wasn’t so easy to cover up as previously believed.

This thought crossed my mind. I think it's likely that all the new information PE discussed was thoroughly vetted by LE.

I wonder if we will see an arrest sooner v later.

MOO

It crossed my mind as well. A pressure technique perhaps to get people talking and maybe cause the perp to become more isolated and paranoid.

Not the first time I've had the thought that Barry was a bit disappointed that Suzanne made it through the last cancer bout. I think he already had his Hot Needy Widower plan all drawn up in his head.

Plus, we know he has a temper, due to the lawsuit in Indiana. Which BTW, the PE guys mentioned that the Morphews moved due to "stressors." Yeah, like maybe a public court record of a contractor who goes ballistic at the slightest provocation? Work dried up, his business was in a steep decline.

MOO

I understand what you're saying of course but, eww. Just, eww. o_O

Probably just a coincidence as LE broke up the poured concrete and didnt find anything.

We don’t know what they found, if anything. But I don’t believe it was a coincidence at all. Something happened in relation to that worksite. And a midnight job. Even if LE found nothing it doesn’t mean there wasn’t something to be found.

My suspicion is premeditated as well. We’ve seen that the reality of murder is quite different from the contemplation. Criminals don’t realize how many details there are to deal with. Until they get there.

My feeling is it could’ve been planned and then when reality hit, it wasn’t so easy to cover up as previously believed.
Yes. Premeditated doesn’t necessarily mean well-executed. It can be planned and still be sloppy.

Maybe Suzanne was not on board with taking the proceeds of the Indiana property sale & investing it in the Salida land that he just closed on. She was part of the Indiana sale-what if she decided her half wasn’t going toward that spec Colorado property and he needed the deal done? Which btw he successfully accomplished in her “incapacitated” absence.

Idk why but I am under the impression that there were 2 cars there per the neighbor who went to check on SM but they were cars known to or belonging to Suzanne and possibly one of the girls. It was clearly stated BM vehicle wasn’t there.
^^bbm

Agree host was only clear that BM vehicle was not in the driveway. Otherwise, the entire issue about the cars was not presented clearly. I think it's a case of telephone where the SM family member received info from the neighbor, and relative retold the info to the PE host. If the vehicles belonged to household members, it doesn't follow they were such an issue to the neighbor/relative and why this was deemed the birth of the bike story. :eek:

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would help him. I can absolutely see him losing his temper and killing her, but who in their right mind would help him hide that? Besides being immoral, why insert yourself into a situation that will clearly cost you your freedom?
I doubt it would be any of his so called BFF from FF as nobody is going to get involved in all that mess after only knowin BM for 2 yrs. or less. Naw it was someone whom he knew would rather die than give him up.

Murders have happened for lesser motives but it seems extreme tbh for a piece of property to be a catalyst. And someone with two daughters to take care of, plus college age with those expenses, their own business to run and regular monthly expenses it doesn’t seem too irrational to take the steps to pay bills and keep a business going while this is stretching into the 3rd month.

I am not exonerating BM only trying to look at it from another POV.

In this case is, i see, in parts, parallel with two, CW’s and PF’s. (I am waiting for “the cleaning part” story).

In CW’s case, it all started unfolding when SW and the girls moved to her parents, providing CW with the time, and the house to himself, and dreams of another life. And after they came back, it was “this life” that CW could not stand.

Maybe when SM got sick with cancer, she could not be present in BM’s life as before. Treatments, hospitals, chemo, no energy, side effects of treatment. I think that since witnesses say that BM was not visiting her treatments often, he got a “time niche” that he used the way he wanted to. And later, he did not want to give the freedom in time up.

Timeline Info from new PE video:

1. Friend texting with missing person on 09MAY20.

2. Spouse of missing person claims he last saw her on 10MAY20 @ 0500.

Early in July LS indicated that she was told be CBI that the last contact with missing person was later than they originally thought.

If the spouse of the missing person told LE early on that he last saw her sleeping at 0500 on 10MAY20, then the CBI would be referring to some sort of contact after the spouse claimed he saw her...IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy