Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

Agree host was only clear that BM vehicle was not in the driveway. Otherwise, the entire issue about the cars was not presented clearly. I think it's a case of telephone where the SM family member received info from the neighbor, and relative retold the info to the PE host. If the vehicles belonged to household members, it doesn't follow they were such an issue to the neighbor/relative and why this was deemed the birth of the bike story. :eek:
Maybe it was the birth of the bike story because one of the cars was SM's? So that ruled out her having driven somewhere. And if she was at home, she would have been in cell/wifi range and would have been answering texts and calls. So the neighbor/daughters' next thought (possibly prompted by BM) was that she had gone on a bike ride and that was why she was out of contact?

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it all comes back to motive. This is all JMO...

I think that after the most recent cancer battle and after being given the “all clear”, Suzanne started reevaluating her life and what mattered the most. I think she brought up the idea of potentially moving back to Indiana to be around those who she held close. We know via her family that she felt isolated in Colorado, so this is very possible. I think her mindset changed and her vision for the future, but her vision didn’t fit with Barry’s...

Barry had possibly been preparing for a life without Suzanne (he feared or even hoped for the worst with her diagnosis) and I strongly believe that he checked out and ended up meeting someone else in Colorado...

When Suzanne got the all clear, coupled with the fact that she was home sick and suggested moving back to Indiana, Barry hit a road block. The plans he had in his head for the future were ruined by Suzanne...

Perhaps Suzanne suggested pulling out of their house sale back in Indiana, whether she wanted the two of them to move back together or whether perhaps she wanted to move back there alone for a while, I’m not sure. However, I believe she wanted to pull out of that house sale one way or another and Barry wasn’t going to let that happen.

This is where the motive comes in. He knew he had very little time before the house sale was due to go through and he needed Suzanne to change her mind. When he couldn’t persuade her, he decided she needed to be out of the picture...

He planned a trip for the girls to get away, planned a nice evening for him and Suzanne on the Saturday evening in the hope that he could try to persuade her one last time, knowing that if he could not, he had no choice but to “incapacitate” her. She’s texting her friend back in Indiana talking about the upcoming wedding, she can’t wait to go back there and it’s clear to Barry that she isn’t going to comply...the rest I will leave up to your imagination...

Three weeks later, Barry conveniently applies for temporary guardianship so the house sale can go through. It’s ok though, there are no red flags because Suzanne had wanted to sell the property. Hmmm, she did at one point, but she changed her mind...

What info did Suzanne’s family find out to change their mindset from hopeful to suspicious? I think they found out about the woman Barry had been seeing. I think that woman came forward to LE early on, knowing they would find trace of her in Barry’s phone records. LE told the family about this woman and I think that’s why TN went quiet very quickly.

All JMO...

Has BM said he took workers with him on MD?!

We learned about the Denver landscape project directly from BM during his conversation with YT blogger TD.

BM did not confirm if he was alone setting up the job, only that he had to work on Sunday because he was the owner (which in itself is so contrary)!

I recall he said his crew was coming in that night to begin work on Monday.
BM did not say where the crew was coming from.

If BM was truly working to set up a project on Sunday, it would be very unusual to be working alone. The industry typically refers to "setting up" a project as mobilization. During this process, job equipment is transported to the site, and possibly a job shack. Materials are delivered and stored, and porta-toilet also delivered.

I've been highly suspicious of BM setting up any job on Sunday -- let alone during a global pandemic when only essential work was allowed.

IMO, BM was probably alone because I think, even if he had a project, he advanced the work due to his circumstances.

Setting up a job alone on Sunday would be another red flag for authorities.

MOO

Last edited:
I am curious about the 2 vehicles.

Me too. I'm not sure why we're assuming they were "unknown." To me, it sounded like Neighbor saw Suzanne's car and one other in the driveway, knocked on the door, then assumed bike ride. Bike ride assumption may have been a prompt from BM who may have still been on the phone with neighbor.

I'd figure the family had 4 cars (one for each person). There's a pic somewhere of a small piece of construction equipment in one of the garage bays. The bikes were surely stored in the garage, I'm guessing there was one bay for bikes and other exercise equipment and maybe one reserved for BM's truck.

Did PE actually say the neighbor didn't recognize the cars? I thought from context just the opposite.

He planned a trip for the girls to get away, planned a nice evening for him and Suzanne on the Saturday evening in the hope that he could try to persuade her one last time, knowing that if he could not, he had no choice but to “incapacitate” her.

All JMO...
bbm
Snipped for focus
Good points and post.

Jmo--
Speculation :
I am also interested in who planned the camping trip ?
Because at this time I don't believe the church planned it when they weren't even having in person services; but via other means.

I highly suggest this abbreviated version. Somehow, through sheer force of will, I listened to the original. It’s akin to listening to paint dry. I mean like a double Ambien. Not that I’m not appreciative of those two guys, but for the love of all things holy! I can sometimes sense that they even bore themselves and each other.
Many YouTube people do the same thing. As best I can tell they get paid more for the long drawn out version so economically it makes "cents" for them to drag it out if they don't actually have enough content to fill the time. MOO.

I don’t remember if it was in the YouTube video with Barry and Tyson, or if it was during Tyson’s appearance on “Profiling Evil,” but I remember Barry allegedly saying that Denver job was “very unusual.”

So we have an unusual event there, and Barry leaving at 5AM to set up this job on Mother’s Day.

As the PE guys would say, “red flag.”
I remember this being discussed in the TD video. BM said something like; I was going up to prepare for a job. My guys come inn on Monday so I wanted to go get things ready. I don’t usually work on Sundays....

This is not verbatim but it came from BM.

Her friends son. They were dicussing the upcoming wedding when the conversation ended abruptly. I thought they also said the wedding already happened.
I understood the wedding plans were subject to change due to COVID -- but never got the impression from PE Live that the wedding already happened.

Perhaps this was info obtained elsewhere?

We have debated how well a cell phone would work out there. After learning from the Profiling Evil segment that the family did not have a landline and used only cell phones, it would seem even stranger to me that SM would leave her cell phone behind.

And I’m REALLY curious what is meant by the comment on Profiling Evil that the Morphews moved due to Barry’s “work stressors.” I don’t really even know what such a term would mean under normal circumstances. Because if he was doing landscape in Indiana but then started doing construction type work in Colorado, well, sheesh, construction is going to be a lot more stressful.

Timeline Info from new PE video:

1. Friend texting with missing person on 09MAY20.

2. Spouse of missing person claims he last saw her on 10MAY20 @ 0500.

Early in July LS indicated that she was told be CBI that the last contact with missing person was later than they originally thought.

If the spouse of the missing person told LE early on that he last saw her sleeping at 0500 on 10MAY20, then the CBI would be referring to some sort of contact after the spouse claimed he saw her...IMO.

Such a good point.

There are interesting versions. I remember how 3 young men broke into an old guy’s house to rob him, he hid in the closet with a gun, fired and killed one of the men. The two others were accused of murder. So to say, creating the situation that led to murder.

What if SM forbade some friend of BM to enter the house? And the person did, and the argument resulted in SM’s death? Is it possible to accuse both BM and that person of murder?
under federal law, if you are with a person while in the commission of a crime and a felony happens all of those involved are charged with the same charges. This is also called in for a penny in for a pound. My personally feeling is I think BM had something to with Susan missing if there was someone who helped him dispose of her then they should also be charged.

Very good points! And even if Suzanne’s cellphone was missing, her friend could show LE the text conversation from her phone. There might have been something in those text exchanges indicating BM was angry or they were having problems or even discussing SM wanting to stay with her friend for awhile after the wedding to consider if she wanted to get a divorce.

And if Suzanne was murdered in her house on Saturday evening that does not give much time for cleanup. What if neighbor entered the home and there was still a strong smell of bleach or cleaning products?

It could be the bff or neighbor or the combination of things that alerted LE. And if the bike was also broken and needed a repair to be rideable...well that would be a trifecta of red flags galore! I’m leaning more towards a rage killing that was not planned in advance. Just a coincidence the daughters were camping and going to Denver on Sunday was a last minute desperate concocted Hail Mary alibi. All speculation and MOO.

Edit: and add the neighbor who heard loud machinery at the dig site too! Wow no wonder LE went back to the HOME. :(

I think that is enough time to clean up. CW did also clean up the crime scene and he had way less time before LE knocked on his door for a well-fare check on his wife.
BM had 24 hours until LE came knocking on his door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy