Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link or know where to find info on the security cameras not working? I thought that was established as a fact but someone said it was a rumor? If the M’s had security cameras at their home that would show anyone coming or going that would be very important to the investigation. LS said she saw security cameras at the home. So does LE possibly have surveillance video from the home? Were the cameras not working? Were they turned off? Were there no cameras on MD and they were installed later? I have to go do life stuff now but I will research this later. But I figured someone on here with more experience can clear this up. It might even be on our media and timeline thread? Just don’t have time now and I’ve been on here so long my eyes are burning. Next case I follow I’m taking notes! TIA if anyone can address the security cameras with links.

@Seattle1 said:
Thanks. I'm not recalling this nugget ever discussed on WS on the main thread. I'm sure PE not exempt from talking fb posts. ;)
ETA: Google is my friend. Plunder, May 28.

Is Plunder an approved source?

PE host referenced a note written by BM that he connected to the bike story but without any context. Reportedly, PE obtained the information from Plunder which in itself explains why WS has no MSM post to reference. To clearly understand and see what PE was talking about, the reader can view where suggested, but not linked.

Timeline Info from new PE video:

1. Friend texting with missing person on 09MAY20.

2. Spouse of missing person claims he last saw her on 10MAY20 @ 0500.

Early in July LS indicated that she was told be CBI that the last contact with missing person was later than they originally thought.

If the spouse of the missing person told LE early on that he last saw her sleeping at 0500 on 10MAY20, then the CBI would be referring to some sort of contact after the spouse claimed he saw her...IMO.

I have to respectfully disagree on this one. Because LE has to see if they can clear the husband as a POI, they want to find out when she was last seen or talked to by someone other than BM. I think they originally had Thursday, the 7th, the day she allegedly went to the bike shop as the last day she was seen by someone else. That would tie in with the request to save videos from 5/8-5/12. I think they moved it up to the 9th after talking with her friend, and perhaps the daughters also talked to her on the 9th.

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would help him. I can absolutely see him losing his temper and killing her, but who in their right mind would help him hide that? Besides being immoral, why insert yourself into a situation that will clearly cost you your freedom?
A “bestie” of either gender who believed his sobbing story.

It was posited earlier , I can't find the post, that the the PE guys are assuming BM inserted the bike story which, if he did, would have caused a red flag. But what if he didn’t? What if it was his neighbor?

My thoughts are
They are too smart and been around too long to "assume". They know but aren't at liberty to say and they are not going to compromise the investigation. IMO

They could have simply said “either Barry or the neighbor brought up the bike, we’re not sure”

Listen and you can hear how much they are trying to carefully parse their words during that whole segment. We had the hoop jumping/parsing… "BUT somehow… , all of the sudden…, a bike adventure is introduced into the conversation.”…(after major hesitation) "Maybe Barry"….‘somehow this bike is birthed into this scenario”

I imagine the neighbor said to Barry, there are two cars in the driveway but nobody answers the door, nobody seems to be home”…and Barry helpfully offered…’check her bike, is that there? I would imagine This is a KNOWN FACT…THAT THE NEIGHBOR DIDN’T INTRODUCE THE BIKE, out of respect for investigators still working the case, Mike and Chris aren’t going to broadcast that fact.

Regarding the friend and text. If I was engaged in helping plan and participate in an event as important as a wedding, with a dear friend, we could certainly lose cell contact during an evening…say bad storm, happens. Surely by the next morning I’d have myself somewhere…store/library/local gas station/someone’s house with a landline, reestablishing the contact. That’s not a conversation you just walk away from.

Last edited:

Early in July LS indicated that she was told be CBI that the last contact with missing person was later than they originally thought.

If the spouse of the missing person told LE early on that he last saw her sleeping at 0500 on 10MAY20, then the CBI would be referring to some sort of contact after the spouse claimed he saw her...IMO.

Yes, that's what is confusing to me. I thought they said she was last "seen" later than they thought. So they actually said the last time she was in contact with someone was later than they thought?

Well, if they took the spouse at his word.

And no, they would be referring to a time later than they believed, not what the spouse said.

This may be surprising to some, but killers lie.

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would help him. I can absolutely see him losing his temper and killing her, but who in their right mind would help him hide that? Besides being immoral, why insert yourself into a situation that will clearly cost you your freedom?
<bbm>

This probably applies to most individuals ever convicted of being accessory after the fact.

@Seattle1 said:
Thanks. I'm not recalling this nugget ever discussed on WS on the main thread. I'm sure PE not exempt from talking fb posts. ;)
ETA: Google is my friend. Plunder, May 28.

PE host referenced a note written by BM that he connected to the bike story but without any context. Reportedly, PE obtained the information from Plunder which in itself explains why WS has no MSM post to reference. To clearly understand and see what PE was talking about, the reader can view where suggested, but not linked.

I expect more nuggets of this nature will c0me out soon-BM around town early on trying to make a show of looking for his wife, bike repair things, employees that might have information, relatives that distanced themselves once they realized they were being used.

Just wondering if there was clarification... Did the PE guys have contact with SM’s friend, the friend SM was texting with? Or is this information about SM’s text messages stopping abruptly coming out through SM’s family? Also, this friend of SM’s, does she live in Indiana?
To be clear, the special live session by PE was to convey information they recently received from the family of SM. The family contacted PE. PE did not have contact with the neighbor, friend, authorities, etc., they simply retold what the family reported to them. Reportedly, SM and her longtime friend were engaged in an ongoing discussion about the upcoming wedding of her son in Indiana. By all accounts, this is a wedding that SM was planning to attend. MOO

Ok, after watching the shortened version these are the points they brought up as being red flags.

- abrupt stop to communication on Saturday evening.

- The bike. Doesn't make sense.

- Statement BM makes to Tyson about the bike, "Let me tell you what happened." He speaks in plural, indicates "transferring" the conversation or he is "remembering." Says "we" "us, "they" at least 19 times in a very short period.

-BM was offered and refused the CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analysis) twice. Refused a lie detector test.
One of the “we’s” that jumped out to me early on was in TD’s video when BM was talking about being in Denver and the girls couldn’t reach their mother. He says “so we”, pauses, and then goes into his usual deflective parlance when he says something he didn’t mean to say. I think he is referring to himself and someone else who is with him in Denver. MOO
I’m attaching a grab from the transcription of the TD video.

Attachments

• B6B35CB6-1645-4A39-92E0-4DC50BA41B17.jpeg
    B6B35CB6-1645-4A39-92E0-4DC50BA41B17.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
I could be wrong, but I think when he said there’s 2 cars in the driveway, why not just drive off he meant an abductor. He had just talked about the bike ride being staged and then I think he was kind of scoffing at or ruling out the abduction theory. JMO
Oh ok. Then she would have been abducted from home?

I guess it was the way he mentioned it more than once..

Very good points! And even if Suzanne’s cellphone was missing, her friend could show LE the text conversation from her phone. There might have been something in those text exchanges indicating BM was angry or they were having problems or even discussing SM wanting to stay with her friend for awhile after the wedding to consider if she wanted to get a divorce.

And if Suzanne was murdered in her house on Saturday evening that does not give much time for cleanup. What if neighbor entered the home and there was still a strong smell of bleach or cleaning products?

It could be the bff or neighbor or the combination of things that alerted LE. And if the bike was also broken and needed a repair to be rideable...well that would be a trifecta of red flags galore! I’m leaning more towards a rage killing that was not planned in advance. Just a coincidence the daughters were camping and going to Denver on Sunday was a last minute desperate concocted Hail Mary alibi. All speculation and MOO.

Edit: and add the neighbor who heard loud machinery at the dig site too! Wow no wonder LE went back to the HOME. :(
There is a lot of detail in those little tidbits that I miss a lot of times. Thanks so much.

<modsnip>

That’s some damning stuff though, and touched on a lot of the things I’ve been saying.

The fact that I’m the opposite of an expert, notwithstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those in the premeditated camp - here’s a thought -what if it wasn’t planned but the girls kept him in check and since they were gone he let loose and it was rage but it’s because they weren’t there ?
JMO

I'm camping with you on this thought. I feel that BM has certain personality traits that were better kept in check when Suzanne was closer to her family, friends. As their marriage progressed, I feel he was able to gradually isolate her. The more he was able to control her life, unfortunately, the less he respected and valued her as a person.
He probably doesn't realize that was his intention, but his nature made any outside influence a threat to him. He wanted absolute control.
I think it was a perfect storm.
Her closest friends far away.
Girls were away.
Neighbors can't hear.
There was nothing to hold his worst inclinations in check on that Saturday evening. And he got angry...
Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members