Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

I scrubbed my notes and links for Fox21 and LS looking for this any reference about a non-working security surveillance system at Morphew residence since purchase, and the only thing I can find is the request by CCSO for residents to save their home surveillance footage for the period May 8 - 12. Do you have a link for your recollection? TIA.
I had posted the non working security system as fact a few weeks ago and was told it was FB rumor. I looked everywhere for over 2 hours one night for any verification and never found anything.

Maybe, maybe not. We've basically heard double hearsay (friend → family member → Profiling Evil hosts). While I think the hosts did a good job, I'm hesitant to give what was revealed a lot of weight until the provenance can be ascertained.

The text conversation that was cut short -- if this fact is true -- is certainly an interesting new revelation. It certainly gives us a better idea as to the timeline of events. Presumably, though, investigators already knew about this fact months ago and subpoenaed all the Morphews' phone records.

What I was really hoping for was an indication as to a motive on Barry's part; nothing was provided on that front.

Still -- as long as their source bears out -- the Profiling Evil hosts did something that neither Lauren Scharf nor Tyson Draper have been able to do: they got something out of the Moorman side of the family. As @Seattle1 mentioned, the Profiling Evil hosts have "a sound marketing plan for a channel with a 'for-profit business plan.'" If anything will get them YouTube memberships, this kind of hard work certainly will do so.
Well, we heard not one hearsay/rumor comment from the family that was supporting Barry’s innocence.

You are right, the host did a good job.

Not unprecedented, but very uncommon at this point. Thankfully.

And I believe family has never been silent toward LE. If they have those concerns, I’m sure they’ve brought them to LE.

I do not see this as a reason to speak publicly about their concerns.

MOO
I agree...."the family has never been silent toward LE. If they have those concerns, I’m sure they’ve brought them to LE."

I'm sure they have told them many many facts.

And as time goes on each time they remember something else, there is no doubt in my mind they go straight to LE.

If they don’t have her phone can LE still get her text messages from the cellular provider?
I'm behind so not sure if anyone has answered this yet. I remember on a previous case, we looked deeply into this. Someone who worked for Apple helped us answer the question.

Basically, it depends upon the service provider. Some providers keep the text logs for a few weeks. Some just for a few days, and some don't keep them longer than 24 hours. So depending upon who her cell provider was, they may or may not have been able to retrieve all the texts. JMO

I had posted the non working security system as fact a few weeks ago and was told it was FB rumor. I looked everywhere for over 2 hours one night for any verification and never found anything.
Thanks @BeckyF. Between your time investment, Harmony's, and my own, this comes up again, I may have to bypass red t-shirt, and go straight to shaving my head. I just saw some clippers nearby... :D

I think the only one fitting that loyalty is his wife and I think SM is already deceased. On the other hand, if BM needed assistance to disappear SM's body, we know that BM "has people" -- he likes telling us that he "has people." They take orders from BM and they do as instructed or they are gone.

However, I also think the worst that could happen to BM is for him to owe somebody so he surrounds himself with yes people, and shares nothing.

I think it's possible that BM could call one of his people for help but his request would be very cryptic. For example, calling an employee late on Saturday night and telling him to get out of bed and go move a piece of equipment off a project and relocate it at another location 100 miles away. I think his people do what he asks, and don't ask questions -- just as BM likes it. I also think he makes it worth their while, in the only way he knows $$$. They despise BM, but stick around for the extra income. I think a guy like BM, by his very nature, finds himself with a lot of "bonus jobs" for his people.

MOO
BBM. Great post! I think your spot on with everything. MOO

I am sure some of us have been paying attention to the others who may have “helped” BM. I would not be surprised either way. It is funny sometimes how rumors can actually contain little tidbits of the truth. At this point I am hoping the floodgates open and more people start to come forward to put the focus squarely where it belongs. I’m even madder about those land deals now. What a piece of work this guy is. Talk about the stones on him.

,,,the coldest "stone" being his "heart."
If BM is responsible for SM's, death (my opinion being that he is) he is as heartless as they come.
How could he NOT consider what this loss would do to his two daughters!!!!!
Pure selfishness and evil.....
IMO

Does anyone have a transcript yet of last night's PE?
Not a transcript but I did a summary of the first 45 mins of PE Live vs. 1 while listening. (PE uploaded a condensed version 20+mins today).

REPEATING PE ACCOUNT PER SM'S FAMILY:

BM allegedly left home for Denver at 5AM on Sunday, May 10;
SM sleeping;
BM did not wake her.

Daughters cannot reach SM on Sunday morning, contact dad BM and he responds by contacting neighbor requesting her to go to the house to check on SM. At this time, there is no mention of the bike ride.

After neighbor see's 2 cars in the driveway and reports this to BM, this is the birth of SM going on a bike ride. (Cars not believed to belong to BM/SM).
[Huh? Sorry, this is not presented very clear].

How did confirming cars in the driveway translate to SM went on a bike ride?

It's described as the build-up of the bike ride story.

The staging of a bike story.

PE: ABDUCTION STORY COULD BE A RED FLAG

PE: ABRUPT STOP TO SAT NIGHT COMMUNICATION IS RED FLAG (social media chat between SM and personal friend).

PE: NEIGHBOR WALKS AWAY FROM MORPHEW HOUSE BELIEVING SM WAS ON A BIKE RIDE

PE: BIKE LOCATED IN RAVINE IS RED FLAG

PE: PERSONAL ITEM LOCATED IS RED FLAG WITH VARIABLE PER THE LOCATION

PE: BM STATEMENT TO TD ABOUT THE BIKE AND "LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED" ADDS EMPHASIS.

PE: BM SPEAKING IN PLURAL IS TRANSFERENCE - RED FLAG

PE: IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT ("IDNLR") FAMILY IS IN AGREEMENT.

PE: PER BM - EVIDENCE DESTROYED BY LE (BIKE); EVIDENCE OF SM DESTROYED BY MOUNTAIN LION; EVIDENCE OF MTN LION DESTROYED (RAIN);

PE: BM INSINUATED TO SM FAMILY THAT HE WAS THOROUGHLY VETTED/CLEARED BY POLICE.

PE: BM OFFERED OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CVSA (VOICE ANALYSIS TEST) -- PARTICIPANT INTENTIONALLY LIES TO CALIBRATE VOICE -- IT'S A TOOL OFFERED TO BM. PER THE FAMILY, BM TWICE DECLINED TO TAKE THIS TEST.

PE: MORPHEW'S DO NOT HAVE LANDLINE AT RESIDENCE.

BREAKING AT 45 MIN MARK.

ETA: SM/BFF discussing son's wedding Saturday afternoon and when convo went silent by Saturday evening

I'm behind so not sure if anyone has answered this yet. I remember on a previous case, we looked deeply into this. Someone who worked for Apple helped us answer the question.

Basically, it depends upon the service provider. Some providers keep the text logs for a few weeks. Some just for a few days, and some don't keep them longer than 24 hours. So depending upon who her cell provider was, they may or may not have been able to retrieve all the texts. JMO

They can, depending on who the provider is.

However, PF's digital foot prints sunk him......
Hook
Line
Sinker
and paper towels...
Thanks Katydid and Warwick. Very interesting and great information. I had no idea.

BBM. Great post! I think your spot on with everything. MOO

I've posted this before, SM radiates the calm both before and after a BM storm. Sadly, I think we've all known at least one woman like this where we were left scratching our heads. Seriously, I want nothing more than for SM to be recovered, and BM exonerated for the sake of SM's daughters. My gut still tells me different. :( MOO

Timeline Info from new PE video:

1. Friend texting with missing person on 09MAY20.

2. Spouse of missing person claims he last saw her on 10MAY20 @ 0500.

Early in July LS indicated that she was told be CBI that the last contact with missing person was later than they originally thought.

If the spouse of the missing person told LE early on that he last saw her sleeping at 0500 on 10MAY20, then the CBI would be referring to some sort of contact after the spouse claimed he saw her...IMO.

If the spouse told the police the same thing he told family. Which is a very big If.

Or, alternatively, perhaps LE doesn't regard the statements of BM as evidence, as factual.

We don't know. Most of LE's statements have been professional, but cryptic.

REPEATING PE ACCOUNT PER SM'S FAMILY:

BM allegedly left home for Denver at 5AM on Sunday, May 10;
SM sleeping;
BM did not wake her.

Daughters cannot reach SM on Sunday morning, contact dad BM and he responds by contacting neighbor requesting her to go to the house to check on SM. At this time, there is no mention of the bike ride.

After neighbor see's 2 cars in the driveway and reports this to BM, this is the birth of SM going on a bike ride. (Cars not believed to belong to BM/SM).
[Huh? Sorry, this is not presented very clear].

How did confirming cars in the driveway translate to SM went on a bike ride?

It's described as the build-up of the bike ride story.

The staging of a bike story.

PE: ABDUCTION STORY COULD BE A RED FLAG

PE: ABRUPT STOP TO SAT NIGHT COMMUNICATION IS RED FLAG (social media chat between SM and personal friend).

PE: NEIGHBOR WALKS AWAY FROM MORPHEW HOUSE BELIEVING SM WAS ON A BIKE RIDE

PE: BIKE LOCATED IN RAVINE IS RED FLAG

PE: PERSONAL ITEM LOCATED IS RED FLAG WITH VARIABLE PER THE LOCATION

PE: BM STATEMENT TO TD ABOUT THE BIKE AND "LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED" ADDS EMPHASIS.

PE: BM SPEAKING IN PLURAL IS TRANSFERENCE - RED FLAG

PE: IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT ("IDNLR") FAMILY IS IN AGREEMENT.

PE: PER BM - EVIDENCE DESTROYED BY LE (BIKE); EVIDENCE OF SM DESTROYED BY MOUNTAIN LION; EVIDENCE OF MTN LION DESTROYED (RAIN);

PE: BM INSINUATED TO SM FAMILY THAT HE WAS THOROUGHLY VETTED/CLEARED BY POLICE.

PE: BM OFFERED OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CVSA (VOICE ANALYSIS TEST) -- PARTICIPANT INTENTIONALLY LIES TO CALIBRATE VOICE -- IT'S A TOOL OFFERED TO BM. PER THE FAMILY, BM TWICE DECLINED TO TAKE THIS TEST.

PE: MORPHEW'S DO NOT HAVE LANDLINE AT RESIDENCE.

BREAKING AT 45 MIN MARK.

ETA: SM/BFF discussing son's wedding Saturday afternoon and when convo went silent by Saturday evening

Haven't listened yet, but the transcript of events sounds very plausible and what a vile betrayal if so.

Last edited:
yes I do remember this. Something about the system required an update/ upgrade that was going to cost 1-2K and they had not got around to doing it yet. Other neighbors had.
Odd topic to discuss with others in my opinion. If my cameras go out I'm sure as heck not going to discuss that with anyone that lives around me. I want them to see my cameras and act appropriately thinking they're on Candid Camera.

Odd topic to discuss with others in my opinion. If my cameras go out I'm sure as heck not going to discuss that with anyone that lives around me. I want them to see my cameras and act appropriately thinking they're on Candid Camera.
Yes. And in the mean time spend 100 bucks on a Ring or Yi, assuming that BM could use Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member