Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are a couple of things at play here right now.
1) Because of Covid, there are really long delays as far as receiving forensics reports back. This would include both digital and material evidence. After the reports come back, they then have to follow up on the information in the reports. The last house search was 7/9. If it took 30 days to get the reports back, they are only on day one of follow up.
2) I’m sure LE would really like to have a body.
So, as much as all of us would love to see an arrest, I’m not worried yet.
MOO
Thank you. And to add to this, I just heard on the news that CO has seen a large rise in Covid cases. It’s hurting a lot of cases, the Stauch case also.

It has been three months. I doubt a body will ever be found, which makes me believe this was premeditated.

ok but why discuss it ? It was never said he took these!

Why? Because you brought up taking prednisone type steriods in your post and never having and mania episodes. It needed to be cleared up that those aren't they type of steriods that cause that.

I never once said he took them. Just offered insight on your post about steriods

Thank you. The inference that members here are a pitch fork wielding mob who disdain our constitutional protections just because we form opinions in a DISCUSSION group, becomes tiresome.

Innocent until proven guilty applies ONLY in the judicial system. Not in an online discussion group. I am free to form opinions and even act on them as long as I don’t discriminate against a protected class when doing so.

And forming an opinion while discussing a case is part of our God-given ability to judge situations and people. It has nothing to do with ensuring that a suspect or defendant isn’t treated as guilty by a court until the state proves him or her so- it does not shift the burden of proof in a courtroom setting.

“Innocent until proven guilty” when applied to a discussion group or public conversations is often just a means to silence opposition, IMO.
Thank YOU for saying that.
This should be a stickied post somewhere :)

jmo

Thank you. The inference that members here are a pitch fork wielding mob who disdain our constitutional protections just because we form opinions in a DISCUSSION group, becomes tiresome.

Innocent until proven guilty applies ONLY in the judicial system. Not in an online discussion group. I am free to form opinions and even act on them as long as I don’t discriminate against a protected class when doing so.

And forming an opinion while discussing a case is part of our God-given ability to judge situations and people. It has nothing to do with ensuring that a suspect or defendant isn’t treated as guilty by a court until the state proves him or her so- it does not shift the burden of proof in a courtroom setting.

<modsnip> .
bbm
This ^^^

When a "Like" is not enough !

I'm somewhat fearful that under the court of law if they don't find Suzanne or part of her -- that the killer could walk.
Considering that some people in the general sense of the word, are experienced hunters and also have tree disposal equipment at hand ....

Of interest was BM telling TD in the interview video that maybe Suzanne "...got herself into the river and washed downstream"
So one would expect a person to search diligently in the creek area and not give up.
But as we've observed.....

I'm cautiously confident that this will be successfully prosecuted as a 'no body' case if it comes to that.
Not going to lose hope just yet.
Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry...it's a 3 line note...
line 1 Baby blue Bike
Line 2 Helmet
Line 3 Biking clothes

Thx, Murphy.
There is a consensus from some of us that the note was in no way helpful in describing Suzanne's appearance but was a further pushing of the false narrative of a bike ride.

I feel we can be sure that the helmet and a set of biking clothes are missing from the home. But I feel that is a part of his "genius" plan, he is responsible. Suzanne didn't wear them when she went on the fake bike ride.

I wonder if BM disposed of Suzanne and afterwards realized that she would need to be dressed in her biking clothes if his staged murder we to succeed. But too late.

So he had to also dispose of a set of her biking clothes and her helmet. Perhaps the helmet is the personal item that LE found, as another poster has suggested.

Could it be that he disposed of a set of biking clothes under the concrete slab? Or did he just burn the clothes?

Or did he have the foresight to dress her in her biking clothes before he disposed of her? If not, and he fears that her body will be found, has he returned and removed her incriminating attire? Was that what he was doing the first day when TD saw him wet, shirtless, upset?

Don't know, but I do feel that those three items are part of the staging that BM was so certain that LE would buy. But they didn't. Moo of course.

My thought is someone ringing the doorbell and surprised her (and wouldn’t a stranger leave her body in the house)?

A stranger could leave her body in the house I suppose, perhaps if it were a robbery gone wrong? A stranger certainly wouldn’t switch off the security cameras days before, stage a bike scene and plant a personal item. Speculation of course:

“Oh, I don’t know you but I’m gonna break in to your home, whack you over the head and afterwards, I’m gonna look around your house, go in to your garage, find a bike (which may not even be yours) and dump it en route to finding somewhere to put you.”

Nope, highly unlikely a stranger would do that. Someone who knew her well could have done though...

JMO with added sarcasm...

“Innocent until proven guilty” when applied to a discussion group or public conversations is often just a means to silence opposition, IMO.

Your post matches Websleuths' stance
(quote below is from another thread)
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a judicial principle to be maintained throughout the judicial process. Websleuths members are not part of that process and are allowed to express their opinions and speculation on the information presented to them via MSM and/or LE.

Here’s the interview with MB, the neighbor to the job site that was searched.

side note : I dislike the use of “elderly “ because I myself resemble that remark.
The “elderly” neighbor is 70. (I’m close to that myself.) Most 70-year-olds are nowhere near decrepit. I feel like some of these “elderly” mentions are intended to cast some doubt on the neighbor’s actions, decisions, or abilities. It’s bugging me.

bbm
This ^^^

When a "Like" is not enough !

I'm somewhat fearful that under the court of law if they don't find Suzanne or part of her -- that the killer could walk.
Considering that some people in the general sense of the word, are experienced hunters and also have tree disposal equipment at hand ....

Of interest was BM telling TD in the interview video that maybe Suzanne "...got herself into the river and washed downstream"
So one would expect a person to search diligently in the creek area and not give up.
But as we've observed.....

I'm cautiously confident that this will be successfully prosecuted as a 'no body' case if it comes to that.
Not going to lose hope just yet.
Imo.

If they don’t find her but still prosecute we will know they have a solid case with tons of evidence.

The note actually says "Baby blue Bike...helmet...biking clothes."

We can see one picture where her helmet is turquoise. Is it odd that I think her bike would not be baby blue if she wore a turquoise helmet? Did he even know the color of her helmet? Because the note only has a color term next to "bike."

If the bike was actually turquoise...and he wrote "baby blue," then tsk tsk Barry, we'll had "no strong knowledge of color terms" to his list of character traits. :confused:

Hi, @10ofRods. I think there was some discussion on the wording of those items and whether he was referring to two things or three. I have seen a copy of the note, but I don’t think it can be posted here.
It was a small piece of paper. Helmet was on a separate
line from baby blue bike and then there was a space and it said biking clothes:

Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

Why would BM put in the bike as it had allegedly already been found?

I wonder if the person who started the Find Suzanne Morphew page, was at one time an admin on the gimme and lives in Colorado, had a change in heart?

Yes, he's BM's family, but IMO has been speaking to her family about the disappearance. May even be the catalyst for them coming forward and speaking out through Chris & Mike. I could see his opinion changing over time. If BM were my family member and the case played out like this one, how could I not begin to have doubts? If things don't make sense over time and a spouse refuses to do something which would allow LE to exclude him. Well that would be a red flag for me.

Kudos to Suzanne's family for making this big step!! I don't blame them one bit for wanting to communicate with the public through a third party, they are in a tough spot due to sensitivities related to Suzanne's daughters. I hope their bravery and willingness to communicate with PE continues.

Last edited:
I can only speak for what I have experienced me and my best girlfriend have talked about every aspect of our marriages with each other and we have also seen those spouses around us during holidays, bbq , get togethers, nights out, so she would be very knowledgeable about how I had been treated and if things were really off rest assured she would also know that. And if we having a chat about an upcoming event I was suppose attend and then just dropped of the face of the earth. Had we been having a conversation and I just dropped off the call she may think that my phone went dead but would expect me to call back as soon as I had part of a charge on my phone or at the very least the following day. Now had I been on the phone talking about how rough of a time I am having in my marriage and then said something like gotta go Barrys home and then could not be reached again that would be a huge red flag for my friend. I am also the kind of person who does not like having a serious phone conversation while someone is in the room with me but if its a text I will go ahead and do that. I feel that her friend knows enough to be able to put LE on the correct trail.

Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

Why would BM put in the bike as it had allegedly already been found?

I think he meant “baby blue bike helmet” but for some reason wrote “helmet” on a new line. He had enough paper space to write it all on one line but what we have to remember is, he doesn’t type or write for a living. My step dad owns his own business, similar to B’s actually and he rarely picks up a pen. I can totally imagine him writing this in the same way. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy