Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant “baby blue bike helmet” but for some reason wrote “helmet” on a new line. He had enough paper space to write it all on one line but what we have to remember is, he doesn’t type or write for a living. My step dad owns his own business, similar to B’s actually and he rarely picks up a pen. I can totally imagine him writing this in the same way. JMO
I don't know if it matters or not but Baby was spelled in all CAPS "BABY" while the other words were not! I know a handwriting analyst would probably make something of this and it just happened to stand out to me but I don't know if it really matters

I got the same impression from the PE video. They said she was persistent and kept trying to contact her friend.

At the very least, it sounds like her friend considered the ending to be out of character for SM. Yes, needing to end a conversation can happen, but likely that’s happened in the past between the 2 friends and SM would indicate some quick “gtg” or “ttyl”, if not spelling out that she needed to go.

MOO
Yes!! Then the next morning get back to her.
But, as we know that NEVER happened.

I’ve been thinking about the “abrupt” ending to Suzanne’s conversation with her friend. I originally considered “abrupt ending” as Suzanne just not responding after hours of back and forth chit chat but the more I think about it tonight, the more I feel that what she actually meant was that Suzanne sent her something abrupt, after hours of back and forth chit chat.

It sounds to me they were in the middle of a conversation and quickly literally nothing. She tried her over and over---nothing. Her friend tried the next day again and again---nothing.

I think things are usually simpler than we make them out to be. We know for certain that SM and the friend were discussing an upcoming wedding.

What about if the friend wanted to order some fabric and they spent hours online together Saturday -- viewing and texting. A short while later, the friend takes a vote from the wedding party, a decision finally made, and the friend asks SM how much fabric to order, and SM never responds.

IMO, I think I would also categorize this as an abrupt ending.

SM went dark. She never heard from her again.

How could this not be a gigantic RED flag?

BMM: They did not say why.. Did one of these cars belong to someone else? Did one of them have an out of state plate? Two cars is normal in a driveway. We have two cars but used to have 3 sometimes 4! Stopping a conversation because your spouse walks in and you have to leave is usual for me.
I would imagine then, at some point later you would pick up your phone and start texting your friend and continue your conversation or apologize for cutting her off so abruptly.

As you can see Susan never did that...

I think things are usually simpler than we make them out to be. We know for certain that SM and the friend were discussing an upcoming wedding.

What about if the friend wanted to order some fabric and they spent hours online together Saturday -- viewing and texting. A short while later, the friend takes a vote from the wedding party, a decision finally made, and the friend asks SM how much fabric to order, and SM never responds.

IMO, I think I would also categorize this as an abrupt ending.

SM went dark. She never heard from her again.

How could this not be a gigantic RED flag?
Yes!!!
I have to go back and listen again, but it sounds like it was so distressing to her friend that she also went to Susan's family to the find her or get answers to her questions about why she can't locate her.

My husband is a Mommy’s boy and I have no doubt she would do anything to protect him...would she help him bury my body? I hope not but honestly cannot say definitely not. I’m NOT accusing BM’s mom or anyone of helping him. Just saying it is very possible he had an accomplice and it sure seems like PE is thinking this could be the case. Sometimes there are friends & family that are “ride or die” that could be called upon to bail someone out out of jail...or in the extreme to help dispose of a body. We’ve seen it time and time again. Another example is MT in Jennifer Dulos case. Whether out of loyalty, for greed, or LOVE...morals may go out the window and the accomplice is probably not thinking clearly. Also I bet a lot of times the murderer has been filling their head with a bunch of lies about why or how it happened twisting it around to make them seem like the victim.

With your last sentence, BBM, a loved one, may wish to help, to 'save' the Perpetrator.
"Help me, hide the body, as it was not my fault, and I'll get years in prison" would perhaps be a statement, that could be believed.
Therefore an accomplice may want to assist.
MOO.

I can only speak for what I have experienced me and my best girlfriend have talked about every aspect of our marriages with each other and we have also seen those spouses around us during holidays, bbq , get togethers, nights out, so she would be very knowledgeable about how I had been treated and if things were really off rest assured she would also know that. And if we having a chat about an upcoming event I was suppose attend and then just dropped of the face of the earth. Had we been having a conversation and I just dropped off the call she may think that my phone went dead but would expect me to call back as soon as I had part of a charge on my phone or at the very least the following day. Now had I been on the phone talking about how rough of a time I am having in my marriage and then said something like gotta go Barrys home and then could not be reached again that would be a huge red flag for my friend. I am also the kind of person who does not like having a serious phone conversation while someone is in the room with me but if its a text I will go ahead and do that. I feel that her friend knows enough to be able to put LE on the correct trail.
Yes!!!
BAM!!!!

Did anyone notices that BM changes his story about who called who on MD? He told TD that his daughters called the neighbor and the neighbor called him when she didn’t locate SM at the home.
See screenshot of pertinent section from TD’s recording below.
He apparently told the Morphews that he called the neighbor.
I wonder why the change?

Did anyone notices that BM changes his story about who called who on MD? He told TD that his daughters called the neighbor and the neighbor called him when she didn’t locate SM at the home.
I wonder why the change?

I did notice that.

I wonder why the change?
My guess is, he is the one to throw out the “bike ride” scenario to the neighbor. He probably will deny he said it if it comes down to the neighbors word against his.
He needed them to start looking for the bike to make the set up believable.

I’m guessing it’s okay to discuss her social media?
It’s lower case first initial, second initial, last name.
Her middle name is Renee.

Yes -- only SM's social media links are allowed.

https://twitter.com/srmorphew?lang=en

SM's last tweet April 2017

Also, noting SM/BM were visiting Colorado as far back as Oct 2016 or two years before they moved.

My guess is, he is the one to throw out the “bike ride” scenario to the neighbor. He probably will deny he said it if it comes down to the neighbors word against his.
He needed them to start looking for the bike to make the set up believable.

It’s very curious. I’d think the girls would naturally be open with family about the events, and if they called the neighbor. My inclination is that the relative’s story is correct (BM called the neighbor) because it could be easily confirmed by the daughters. But it’s also possible that the relative just got that detail wrong.

MOO

Correct me if I’m wrong... the picture of Suzanne in the bike helmet.... she has Apple ear pods in... they are tracking devices. My kids have them & they link to the “find my iPhone” Ap.

I wonder if iPods were found in the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member