Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A stranger could leave her body in the house I suppose, perhaps if it were a robbery gone wrong? A stranger certainly wouldn’t switch off the security cameras days before, stage a bike scene and plant a personal item. Speculation of course:

“Oh, I don’t know you but I’m gonna break in to your home, whack you over the head and afterwards, I’m gonna look around your house, go in to your garage, find a bike (which may not even be yours) and dump it en route to finding somewhere to put you.”

Nope, highly unlikely a stranger would do that. Someone who knew her well could have done though...

JMO with added sarcasm...
I agree. I’m just saying no one has confirmed if there was a bike ride. I was thinking maybe someone was hired to break in and take her.
Nah. Never mind.

Hi, @10ofRods. I think there was some discussion on the wording of those items and whether he was referring to two things or three. I have seen a copy of the note, but I don’t think it can be posted here.
It was a small piece of paper. Helmet was on a separate
line from baby blue bike and then there was a space and it said biking clothes:

Baby blue bike
helmet

Biking clothes

Why would BM put in the bike as it had allegedly already been found?
I have had his note on my mind all day. I don’t like it at all. What’s wrong with him! That’s not what you write when you are describing your wife. Cold and detached.

Did anyone notices that BM changes his story about who called who on MD? He told TD that his daughters called the neighbor and the neighbor called him when she didn’t locate SM at the home.
See screenshot of pertinent section from TD’s recording below.
He apparently told the Morphews that he called the neighbor.
I wonder why the change?
Sorry, the screenshot didn’t upload.

Attachments

• 207B2543-746A-4426-B874-C9DBB3885BD7.jpeg
    207B2543-746A-4426-B874-C9DBB3885BD7.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 38
Did anyone notices that BM changes his story about who called who on MD? He told TD that his daughters called the neighbor and the neighbor called him when she didn’t locate SM at the home.
See screenshot of pertinent section from TD’s recording below.
He apparently told the Morphews that he called the neighbor.
I wonder why the change?

Simple, unscientific explanation... A liar typically gets caught up in their lies bc they aren’t smart enough to keep their lies straight....MOO

It makes me sick to think BM may have tried setting his daughters up to be the ones to arrive home and not find their mother there on MD. What if they had been the first to find her bicycle. #ShineBrightForSuzanne

As I said earlier, it is important to me to be anonymous on WS. Seems like most on here are. I would like to give or defer the same respect to SM's family member(s).
People are questioning why a family member of Suzanne's would want to be anonymous???
Some forget that BM did not want his name out there from the start. He was referred to as "the husband" in the paper. Too soon to be interviewed and get in front of the cameras. That's the bigger question. IMO

MOO getting away with murder is not so easy now with DNA and "digital fingerprints."
Add to those new techniques that there are so many citizens now able to watch what happening in an investigation.
Killers consciously or unconsciously often rely on the fatigue and busy-ness of police institutions eventually taking the fire out of the hunt.
But with thousands bearing down on every detail intent on justice for Suzanne, she has power.

People are questioning why a family member of Suzanne's would want to be anonymous???
Some forget that BM did not want his name out there from the start. He was referred to as "the husband" in the paper. Too soon to be interviewed and get in front of the cameras. That's the bigger question. IMO
Is it still "too soon"? Three months in, I wonder what his magic number is?

MOO known contact:

The friend on
Saturday night contact was a "known."
The texts extremely personalized to the context of the conversation and to the wedding situation and prove, or allow police to "know" that the person on SMs phone was SM.
BM reported that he saw a sleeping Suzanne at 5am, MOO this is not a "known" contact but a report based on BMs word.
Texts are tricky to prove who you are talking to. I know some people can tell if someone doesn’t “sound” right on a text, usually because of their speech pattern, spelling, punctuation etc. So, I’m also thinking there may have been a quick FaceTime between SM and her friend during their conversations: “I want to show you my mother of the groom dress.” Or some such thing.

The friend said the conversation ended "abruptly" while they were discussing the upcoming plans for the wedding. To me this means there was no closing statement which was out of character for her. Even if she had texted something like, "we'll talk tomorrow," it still would have been suspicious, since she made many attempts to reach her and never heard back from her the next morning. Her daughters were also unable to reach her the next morning. There has to be a reason all communication ceased on Saturday night. Something prevented her from being capable of answering.
bbm
Exactly !

We now have a very heartbreaking timeline of sorts.
Someone who was prompt in her communication , was not so ill that she couldn't continue the conversation , and not away from her house and thus not able to return her daughter's phone calls.
She wasn't out riding her bike at 11pm-12am.

And yet someone had her declared "incapacitated"(& not just "missing") in order to sell assets that belonged solely to Suzanne.

Speculation :
It looks like Suzanne didn't leave that house alive.
And there was no 'bike ride'.
Imo.

With your last sentence, BBM, a loved one, may wish to help, to 'save' the Perpetrator.
"Help me, hide the body, as it was not my fault, and I'll get years in prison" would perhaps be a statement, that could be believed.
Therefore an accomplice may want to assist.
MOO.
Yes good word help SAVE them from themselves and prevent further hurt & pain. It’s twisted thinking but I see how it could happen especially if manipulated by someone who is good at it.

MOO known contact:

The friend on
Saturday night contact was a "known."
The texts extremely personalized to the context of the conversation and to the wedding situation and prove, or allow police to "know" that the person on SMs phone was SM.
BM reported that he saw a sleeping Suzanne at 5am, MOO this is not a "known" contact but a report based on BMs word.
bbm

Here is one of many problematic 'story changes' : In another version, BM says he discussed leaving that morning for a work-related trip .
So which one was it ?
MOO

Texts are tricky to prove who you are talking to. I know some people can tell if someone doesn’t “sound” right on a text, usually because of their speech pattern, spelling, punctuation etc. So, I’m also thinking there may have been a quick FaceTime between SM and her friend during their conversations: “I want to show you my mother of the groom dress.” Or some such thing.

I agree in general, but this text conversation was reportedly ongoing for hours. I hate talking on the phone, but I do have these long text conversations with far away friends. They are lively, and have a lot of content from both sides. I think it would be difficult to fake. Totally different if it’s a few one line texts.

MOO

I agree in general, but this text conversation was reportedly ongoing for hours. I hate talking on the phone, but I do have these long text conversations with far away friends. They are lively, and have a lot of content from both sides. I think it would be difficult to fake. Totally different if it’s a few one line texts.

MOO
Yes, ongoing text conversations would be very hard to fake.
But in reality another person in the house might just be totally unaware that a text conversation was going on at all.
And most people say "love you, got to go" or similar to end until a new conversation starts.

The friend said the conversation ended "abruptly" while they were discussing the upcoming plans for the wedding. To me this means there was no closing statement which was out of character for her. Even if she had texted something like, "we'll talk tomorrow," it still would have been suspicious, since she made many attempts to reach her and never heard back from her the next morning. Her daughters were also unable to reach her the next morning. There has to be a reason all communication ceased on Saturday night. Something prevented her from being capable of answering.
Totally agree.
Also, we all text almost as fluidly as speaking now and know when the pattern is off.

Simple, unscientific explanation... A liar typically gets caught up in their lies bc they aren’t smart enough to keep their lies straight....MOO

It makes me sick to think BM may have tried setting his daughters up to be the ones to arrive home and not find their mother there on MD. What if they had been the first to find her bicycle. #ShineBrightForSuzanne
bbm
Extremely cold and cruel if this was the planned scenario.
Possibly Suzanne was heartsick and wanting out ?
And she'd communicated this to her friend in the interrupted text ?
Imo.

Good points.

Well time has passed, and I'd think he could hold a presser with LE and plead for Suzanne's rescue ?
(B/c according to him she may have been abducted. Never mind the wild tales of the mountain lion and falling into the creek and getting washed away, etc.)

I believe if anyone including the media or the YT PE guys were to invite BM now, to speak up for Suzanne -- he'd decline and that's not only befuddling but beyond tragic.
I wouldn't be in the least bit offended if LE were to put me under the microscope in the unfortunate event that my spouse went missing !
Look all you want -- in order to clear me so we can find him !
There's nothing else that would matter.

But in Suzanne's case we have the spouse bashing LE, saying that at least 10 cops touched the bike and left prints on it, etc.
This is a 'tell' for what may be brewing in someone's mind, and the way they perceive this investigation.
MOO

MOO Did he say they discussed in the morning?
If so, that is a really a huge discrepancy.
That's why I included the MOO.

In the TD interview, I believe.
But I'm going to check as I think it's important.

Someone else may beat me to it before I find it.
The significant story changes and not just the Sun.( in the am) one, are going to get LE's attention, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia