Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PE hosts also talked about how they tried to get to know SM. They looked at her FB, her photos, quoted scripture, etc.

They referenced how BM could only muster 28 seconds for a 30+ year relationship.

I followed up the PE hosts video by looking at SM's "likes" on her FB. There are less than a dozen and this one caught my eye:

"Wings of Encouragement" -- a drug treatment program(?).

It's certainly nothing definitive -- just another piece of the puzzle. SM could have been a donor. MOO

Re BBM
She indeed could have been a donor or could have known someone with any type of addiction issues. That page is also full of inspirational quotes. Maybe that’s the only reason she liked it. Who knows?

I googled how to find vehicles owned by a person and found a nifty trick. They say it’s not perfect as it may miss a car.

Go to Progressive’s website: Quote Auto Insurance, Home-Auto Bundles, & More
Click “Auto”
Enter ‘Zip Code’. (I entered ‘81201’)
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Enter ‘Suzanne, Morphew, 4301971, 19057 Puma Path’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2015 Land Rover Range Rover
2013 Ford F-350

Attachments

• 71FCF9AB-6257-46C5-B10C-6928E649B7D0.png
    71FCF9AB-6257-46C5-B10C-6928E649B7D0.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 63
I googled how to find vehicles owned by a person and found a nifty trick. They say it’s not perfect as it may miss a car.

Click “Auto”
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350

I wonder if one of the other Range Rovers is in their daughter or Barry’s name.

Click “Auto”
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350
I tried it for Geico, and also got a 2003 Honda Accord.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out 3 months after her disappearance | FOX31 Denver
I'm wondering what Barry's reasoning is for not taking the polygraph or the other analysis the police are wanting him to take? I mean is there a valid reason why an innocent person would not want to be 100% cooperative in the investigation of their missing wife? I'm trying to remain as non-judgemental as possible until we have all the facts but it's getting harder to do when I start thinking about things like this. Also his GPS not matching with his story is not helping him any at all would there be any innocent reason for him to lie about where he went the day she went missing and the timeline of when he went to those places? I can't think of any right off the top but if anyone else can feel free to share with me your thoughts.

BBM Re the polygraph tests...I can’t think of an innocent reason for BM to lie. I mean tell the truth, the whole truth to LE no matter how embarrassing it may be...even if it uncovers an affair...if you are truly innocent it’s better to tell them everything. I can see BM not wanting to be judged or look bad in LE’s eyes but they have seen it all and heard it all. BM can say his attorney advised him not to take the polygraph & CVSA but that is just convenient because I think he knows he would fail it badly.

When I read your post I had literally just finished watching this show on ID called Deadly Recall based on a retired detective named Pat Postiglione. I don’t know if this is a new show but I’ve never seen it before and it’s really good. Anyway this detective remembers every detail of a crime scene and he has 25 years experience solving murders in Nashville, TN. He said he doesn’t give much weight to polygraph results because he has seen plenty of innocent people fail them and plenty of guilty people pass them. Yikes! :( I know attorneys always say not to take it but I thought there was a little BS to that maneuver...maybe not? I wouldn’t want to take a polygraph if I was innocent but there was a chance I would fail it either. But I still think I’d take the risk because refusing to take it really makes you look guilty and also I would want to cooperate fully with LE. But if the polygraph is that unreliable then why do they still use it? Maybe it’s more about asking the suspect to take it to see if they agree or decline? Because that in itself can be very telling. No wonder it’s not admissible in court though if it’s wrong that often. He didn’t give a percentage but it’s enough that he doesn’t think they are very useful. I wonder if the CVSA test that PE talked about has more accurate results?

Talking about this show might seem a little OT and I don’t want to derail the thread on the show but rather just quickly compare a few similarities r/t some of our discussions and things PE have pointed out to us on the investigative process in SM’s case. And check out Deadly Recall if you like true crime which obviously we all do - it gives a lot of insight as to how detectives work a case.

A few things that reminded me of SM’s case: He talks about how important canvassing is and how he would go back to different locations and talk to people over and over again until he got a lead. He said every time you go back to a location there is a chance someone will be there that wasn’t there before who knows something or saw something or someone will tell him some little random piece of information they don’t think is important at all but it ends up cracking the case. Also evidently detectives can lie and set up traps for suspects. Oh and a women was murdered and her body had been submerged in a creek for 9 weeks and when the creek receded her remains were found along the bank by some land surveyors. Detective Postiglione thought her boyfriend/baby daddy killed her - he was their only POI left and most of his behavior was very suspicious (not quite to BM level but close)...and he failed the polygraph AND he put in a new floor! They dug it up and found nothing. Sound familiar? Well maybe, hopefully LE found something during the dig. Anyway, the murder ended up being an opportunistic random act of violent abduction, rape and asphyxiation by a man who was visiting his friend at the same condo complex when he saw the victim going back and forth to the laundry room located by the parking lot where he was sitting in his car drinking.

I must admit watching this gave me pause and made me think for a minute...what if we are wrong?! That would be so beyond shocking to me at this point considering the totality of everything. I’m not going to list all the reasons here again (from the preposterous theories to the latest info revealed by a family member and everything in between) but if it turns out BM is just some clueless jerk and someone else killed Suzanne and disposed of her body...I will never trust my judgment again! :confused: I still believe BM either accidentally murdered Suzanne in a rage (leaning more in this direction now) or he premeditated and planned her murder. At the very least he hired someone or he is involved in some way. And now I also wonder if he may have had an accomplice in hiding her body?

Click “Auto”
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350
Clever sleuth.

The PE hosts also talked about how they tried to get to know SM. They looked at her FB, her photos, quoted scripture, etc.

They referenced how BM could only muster 28 seconds for a 30+ year relationship.

I followed up the PE hosts video by looking at SM's "likes" on her FB. There are less than a dozen and this one caught my eye:

"Wings of Encouragement" -- a drug treatment program(?).

It's certainly nothing definitive -- just another piece of the puzzle. SM could have been a donor. MOO

That is certainly very interesting. Why would she like that???

Edit: just looked it up and it says it’s mission is to offer wisdom, poems and quotes for encouragement during trials and tribulations. I can’t tell if it’s Christian based but it doesn’t specifically say drug treatment. It is still a good clue that something may have been wrong and/or this helped her during her cancer treatments.
Good find!

Last edited:
I am just now catching up on this case. I must say....it reminds me of so many others. Do these guys get lessons from watching other cases? And do you ever worry and wonder, if our detailed theories here, help perps and DAs come up with ideas that help get bad guys off the hook?

Click “Auto”
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350

That is some extremely clever sleuthing right there.

Nice work!

Click “Auto”
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2013 Ford F-350
Ohhh, now we have a new tool to use in other cases too :cool:

What if Barry wasn’t supposed to be in the house that Saturday night? That makes more sense why Suzanne’s girlfriend was in panic mode. We don’t know for a fact Barry was supposed to go to ‘Denver’ on Sunday morning. Did he snuck into the house like a burglar in the night in order to terrorize and murder his wife? After all these years following hundreds of cases, I wouldn’t put it past a desperate murderous husband to do this.

Such a great point. We only have one person's version of that night and the following morning. Assuming that person is not credible, anything about Saturday night is possible.

His perhaps unexpected and unwelcome presence would explain the friend's rather strong reaction.

Furthermore, your scenario makes sense to me on a gut level. I've always had the feeling maybe they weren't living together. So very very MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321