Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMOJMOJMO If the Range Rovers had been in IDAHO, and been delayed by some hours, perhaps they were back in Morphew's driveway, coinciding with the neighbor's phone call!!!!!!

We only have a vague timeline from ONE PERSON. Who claims he agreed to a call to the police, just to be safe. Others may have wanted to make that call sooner but were deterred.....

IMO the timing of Sunday's communication will be telling and illuminating.

JMOJMOJMO

Last edited:
During last weekend's PE Live session, we learned that SM had been part of an ongoing conversation with her BFF for much of Saturday. They were discussing her son's wedding when the call ended abruptly. We are now learning that this sent SM's friend into "panic mode."

I don't recall anything about SM discussing her personal marital strife during these calls on Saturday. Actually, it sounds totally out of character for SM to turn the conversation towards herself when they were engaged in wedding planning. MOO

During last weekend's PE Live session, we learned that SM had been part of an ongoing conversation with her BFF for much of Saturday. They were discussing her son's wedding when the call ended abruptly. We are now learning that this sent SM's friend into "panic mode."

I don't recall anything about SM discussing her personal marital strife during these calls on Saturday. Actually, it sounds totally out of character for SM to turn the conversation towards herself when they were engaged in wedding planning. MOO

I agree, it’s all just speculation. But there must be some reason why the friend went into panic mode. After all SM’s phone just could have been broken all of a sudden. Like (the screen) broken into pieces while it falls out of her hand while on the stairs or whatever. Just ending a conversation in an unusual way -or not ending it at all- shouldn’t be a cause for panic. On the other hand if you know about some kind of stressor or dangerous situation that could cause you to go into panic mode if she doesn’t responds anymore or goes completely silent like the phone seems switched off all of a sudden.

ETA:
But just to make it obvious: this is all speculation based only on the info her friend went into panic mode.

ADMIN NOTE:

For this one time only "It's a Crime" can be used as a source because the host is interviewing Mike and Chris.

This is NOT to be taken as blanket approval to use it on a regular base as it is not normally a WS approved source.

I agree, it’s all just speculation. But there must be some reason why the friend went into panic mode. After all SM’s phone just could have been broken all of a sudden. Like (the screen) broken into pieces while it falls out of her hand while on the stairs or whatever. Just ending a conversation in an unusual way -or not ending it at all- shouldn’t be a cause for panic. On the other hand if you know about some kind of stressor or dangerous situation that could cause you to go into panic mode if she doesn’t responds anymore or goes completely silent like the phone seems switched off all of a sudden.

ETA:
But just to make it obvious: this is all speculation based only on the info her friend went into panic mode.

Imagine this (speculation, of course): You are planning your son's wedding and have spent a better part of your day communicating with your best friend that reportedly long ago planned on attending the wedding.

You are looking at various wedding websites. You are looking at fabric for the wedding party when there's a pause to take a vote. Minutes later you return to the conversation and ask SM how much fabric to order and there is no response. SM just goes dark, never to be heard from again. You keep trying to reach her and nothing. An abrupt ending. It would certainly define my panic mode. MOO

On the It's a Crime that we're allowed to talk about:
32 minutes: talks about "panic mode" when her texts stop.
36 minutes: the 2Range Rovers
50 minutes: "article" vs "item"
56 minutes: "let me tell you what happened" discussion.
These stood out to me. Moo

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out 3 months after her disappearance | FOX31 Denver
I'm wondering what Barry's reasoning is for not taking the polygraph or the other analysis the police are wanting him to take? I mean is there a valid reason why an innocent person would not want to be 100% cooperative in the investigation of their missing wife? I'm trying to remain as non-judgemental as possible until we have all the facts but it's getting harder to do when I start thinking about things like this. Also his GPS not matching with his story is not helping him any at all would there be any innocent reason for him to lie about where he went the day she went missing and the timeline of when he went to those places? I can't think of any right off the top but if anyone else can feel free to share with me your thoughts.

Imagine this (speculation, of course): You are planning your son's wedding and have spent a better part of your day communicating with your best friend that reportedly long ago planned on attending the wedding.

You are looking at various wedding websites. You are looking at fabric for the wedding party when there's a pause to take a vote. Minutes later you return to the conversation and ask SM how much fabric to order and there is no response. SM just goes dark, never to be heard from again. You keep trying to reach her and nothing. An abrupt ending. It would certainly define my panic mode. MOO

I hear you, but to me that wouldn’t be enough to set off panic. I would definitely go hmmm and think something happened to her phone or think she is suddenly otherwise occupied. Like making the best of the alone time with her husband and forgot about our conversation. Would feel a little hurt/annoyed/angry maybe but I sure wouldn’t be panicking.
But not knowing her friend and her threshold for panic I can’t say what this friend’s reaction would be. You could be right too.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out 3 months after her disappearance | FOX31 Denver
I'm wondering what Barry's reasoning is for not taking the polygraph or the other analysis the police are wanting him to take? I mean is there a valid reason why an innocent person would not want to be 100% cooperative in the investigation of their missing wife? I'm trying to remain as non-judgemental as possible until we have all the facts but it's getting harder to do when I start thinking about things like this. Also his GPS not matching with his story is not helping him any at all would there be any innocent reason for him to lie about where he went the day she went missing and the timeline of when he went to those places? I can't think of any right off the top but if anyone else can feel free to share with me your thoughts.

People will lie to avoid embarrassment, like a tryst. But I think he had a more serious reason to lie. Moo of course.

Conversation between close girlfriends is rarely one-sided. Further, it would be odd if the entire conversation "for much of Saturday" were only about a single subject.

IMO, the topic of the wedding is only part of what was revealed. Anything further would compromise the investigation, I don't think the PE guys would be willing to do that, even for the sake of ratings. Neither would Lauren Sharf.

JMO though.

That friend may have also known things about Suzanne's personal life and health that caused her to react that way. MOO

Or, if I’d been texting with my BFF SM all day and then she texted to me, “Oh, I think I hear B getting home. I’ll get back to you in a little while.” She texted me a little later and said “I can’t talk any more tonight” which I thought was strange. And then she never got back to me. I still hadn’t heard from her the next day and I was getting really worried. Then later on her daughter called and asked if I had talked to her Mom that day, that they were trying to reach her and couldn’t get any answer. Then I really went into panic mode.
Her daughter said LE was being called. I decided to call the Sheriff and tell him about the strange texts the night before.
Hypothetical scenario.

I wonder if BM might have been working Saturday on that job site (the one LE dug up) and him being away, gave SM the freedom to have a very interactive text conversation with her friend throughout the day.

Maybe with the kids out of town and a long days work, BM went to dinner at a bar & grill in Salida, stayed late having a bunch of drinks and came home and blew his top for one reason or another.

MOO.

Or maybe he stayed home since bars and restaurants were closed and his wife wasn't paying him any attention. After all, what does some old friend in Indiana have that would make his wife devote hours of her time when she could have been focusing all her attention on him?

IMO, the basic answer is that he is not innocent. What would interest me, is what things do they want to discuss with him, and which agency or agencies would this involve? Are they trying to get him physically close enough to get a DNA sample? I think there is a chess match going on here. MOO.

I think it's not JUST that the conversation ended abruptly; it's the single mention by one of the PE guys that it CHANGED.

That's where panic sets in. IMO.

JMO
Good catch! "Changed" could indicated that it went from light-hearted wedding plans, to Suzanne expressing anxiety about what was going on in her home.
Moo of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member