Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was just trying to think of a clear scenario that would give me ‘panic’
Oh ok. When it comes to texting I don’t get upset about an abrupt end. Sometimes people are just living their lives. I even thought the perp rang her doorbell. now a phone call interrupted, I would be calling the police myself after an hour or so.
I’m sure the friend has a lot of testimony to tell that we don’t know about.

With the two range rovers, the only thing I can think of that would make them a ‘red flag’ is if they could be proven to be driven somewhere and then be back in place when the neighbor and/or police arrived. If they never moved, I can’t think of a scenario that makes them suspicious.

If we are to believe that BM’s truck gps data doesn’t match his story, it makes me think that BM was not aware that their cars had GPS tracking. If that is the case, he wouldn’t know that one of the range rovers could log gps data for where it’s been. Maybe BM was too concerned with someone seeing his truck at a place they would recognize it, like a current job site, and he decided to take the Range Rover as it might provide him some anonymity if a neighbor was to notice a car and loud equipment at an odd time at night.

Or maybe he stayed home since bars and restaurants were closed and his wife wasn't paying him any attention. After all, what does some old friend in Indiana have that would make his wife devote hours of her time when she could have been focusing all her attention on him?
What if Barry wasn’t supposed to be in the house that Saturday night? That makes more sense why Suzanne’s girlfriend was in panic mode. We don’t know for a fact Barry was supposed to go to ‘Denver’ on Sunday morning. Did he snuck into the house like a burglar in the night in order to terrorize and murder his wife? After all these years following hundreds of cases, I wouldn’t put it past a desperate murderous husband to do this.

Last edited:
Imagine this (speculation, of course): You are planning your son's wedding and have spent a better part of your day communicating with your best friend that reportedly long ago planned on attending the wedding.

You are looking at various wedding websites. You are looking at fabric for the wedding party when there's a pause to take a vote. Minutes later you return to the conversation and ask SM how much fabric to order and there is no response. SM just goes dark, never to be heard from again. You keep trying to reach her and nothing. An abrupt ending. It would certainly define my panic mode. MOO

I think you nailed it, at least so far as my own imagination is involved. That's exactly the kind of thing that would make most people get worried. Especially if texting/messaging. My best friend and I switch to email if we know we're going to be interrupted, text is for ongoing convo, even if it takes all day.

If the conversation were about making a decision, and one person had just indicated they wanted a rapid response, the other person not responding would be so worrisome. Especially at a time when the friend was still receiving maintenance chemotherapy AND there's CoVid.

Ended. Changed.

Once, with my cellphone screen failing, I had only enough time to open messaging and type a blind message to my boyfriend. What I wanted to type was "phone dying. Call house phone. "

What he GOT was ppppppppppkkme dyyyyyyycalllllllllllllouuww0b ooooooooo99 n

He figured it was a pocket dial and dismissed it. Fortunately it wasn't my last call for help, a mere inconvenience, not an emergency.

So what if Suzanne and friend were texting, even off and on, all afternoon.... then crickets, followed by a string of gibberish, for example.... a rushed message....

I think we don't know what caused a panic mode but I think we can assume it was the content, context or format of Whatever Changed.

No landline, it may have been Suzanne's last hope...

Also possible someone else took over ....

JMOJMOJMO

I think you nailed it, at least so far as my own imagination is involved. That's exactly the kind of thing that would make most people get worried. Especially if texting/messaging. My best friend and I switch to email if we know we're going to be interrupted, text is for ongoing convo, even if it takes all day.

If the conversation were about making a decision, and one person had just indicated they wanted a rapid response, the other person not responding would be so worrisome. Especially at a time when the friend was still receiving maintenance chemotherapy AND there's CoVid.

Anybody ever involved in wedding planning (or watched Say Yes to the Dress) knows anything "wedding" is time-sensitive. I got the feeling SM and her friend had planned ahead to have this "wedding session" on Saturday.

IMO, it's not one of those things that you call your friend unannounced and ask if they have a few minutes to talk. SM knew her daughters were going to be away and she'd have her full attention. MOO

I really feel bad for SM's friend. No doubt the past 90 days have been pure torture for her.

@ 31.00- Chris says, "that conversation Saturday night, it began Saturday afternoon .... if my wife's best friend, was in communication with my wife and all the sudden everything just stopped, I mean if that's not a red flag, I don't know what is".

Host jumps in and gives her perspective on how/why the texting stopped.

Chris interrupts her dialog and says "that's not what happened". He says it again in plural, "that's not what happened, that's not what happened".

Host blows over what Chris said and continues to talk about her own perspective on the texting abruptly ending.

Chris next says, "the girlfriend went into panic mode, let's just put it there", as he smiles knowingly and nods.

Mike jumps in next and starts talking about behavioral patterns, as in how does Suzanne normally communicate. He ends with "what some evidence is pointing to, is it wasn't normal behavior, so it becomes more important".

My questions:
Who did the Range Rovers belong to?
JMO

That is a very good question. There are only about 19,000 Range Rovers sold each year in the entire US, per goodcarbadcar. If investigators know the colors of the Range Rovers, that would shrink the number they're looking for. Hopefully, the Range Rovers had Colorado license plates, which would make it much easier to find their registrants.

@ 31.00- Chris says, "that conversation Saturday night, it began Saturday afternoon .... if my wife's best friend, was in communication with my wife and all the sudden everything just stopped, I mean if that's not a red flag, I don't know what is".

Chris interrupts her dialog and says "that's not what happened". He says it again in plural, "that's not what happened, that's not what happened".

Host blows over what Chris said and continues to talk about her own perspective on the texting abruptly ending.

Chris next says, "the girlfriend went into panic mode, let's just put it there", as he smiles knowingly and nods.

Mike jumps in next and starts talking about behavioral patterns, as in how does Suzanne normally communicate. He ends with "what some evidence is pointing to, is it wasn't normal behavior, so it becomes more important".
Thx for transcript. I feel that there is some very important evidence in that text conversation. I think Mike and Chris know what it is. Moo

The PE hosts also talked about how they tried to get to know SM. They looked at her FB, her photos, quoted scripture, etc.

They referenced how BM could only muster 28 seconds for a 30+ year relationship.

I followed up the PE hosts video by looking at SM's "likes" on her FB. There are less than a dozen and this one caught my eye:

"Wings of Encouragement" -- a drug treatment program(?).

It's certainly nothing definitive -- just another piece of the puzzle. SM could have been a donor. MOO

The PE hosts also talked about how they tried to get to know SM. They looked at her FB, her photos, quoted scripture, etc.

They referenced how BM could only muster 28 seconds for a 30+ year relationship.

I followed up the PE hosts video by looking at SM's "likes" on her FB. There are less than a dozen and this one caught my eye:

"Wings of Encouragement" -- a drug treatment program(?).

It's certainly nothing definitive -- just another piece of the puzzle. SM could have been a donor. MOO
I can totally see her mentoring and/or finding resources to help young people. JMO.
“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne also served, enthusiastically, at Grace Church in Salida, volunteering and providing lunches for students at Young-Life.

From the church website:
*YoungLife is not a ministry of Grace Church, but we encourage our students to attend and invite a friend to hear the gospel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321