Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Garmin InReach Explorer that I've used when off-roading. Part of the subscription I have is a cloud based interface where people I invite can see where I'm at, send and receive satellite texts to me, etc. That tells me that there's at least the possibility that some vendors might store quite a bit of information about GPS units. If that's the case with cellular/GPS hybrids, I have no idea. IMO, information could be stored externally to the device itself. MOO.

Thank you for your post making GPS more clear for me.

Question: A mobile phone would require additional GPS specifications to also function with satellite, correct?

I've had that thought as well. From the looks of it so far, BM was in charge of everything. So what if things got rough financially and he decided it was time to use assets that had been designated for the girls future, for other things new truck, new land.
What if, for the first time in their married life, Suzanne had to stand up to him and say NO? I don't think he ever liked to hear the word NO. Moo of course.
If Suzanne wasn't happy in CO, perhaps she voted against the selling of the IN home and the serious stress between the spouses began?

Chris McDonough@187Cjm

My experience with DV is that the offenders always try to control the narrative.
Just saying!

Efuw24GXgAIjoS7

1:44 PM · Aug 18, 2020
Agree! We know someone JUST like THAT, don’t we?!? ;)

Maybe i’m not following, but are you saying that in the 21-23 hours between that texts to her friend and the police arriving for their welfare check, a cement walkway was framed, poured and had time to dry?
No -- I'm answering a specific question that was asked about what pix/video were available of that walkway at the M's house. It was early on in the investigation and it was aerial video. I don't remember who shot the video.

Last edited:
No -- I'm answering a specific question that was asked about what pix/video were available of that walkway at the M's house. It was early on in the investigation and it was aerial video. I don't remember who shot the video.
Oh, I thought it had something to do with SM being concealed on the property. Under cement. My apologies.

Thank you for your post making GPS more clear for me.

Question: A mobile phone would require additional GPS specifications to also function with satellite, correct?
GPS requires satellites to work. A way of looking at a mobile phone is that it has multiple “radio” components cellular, WiFi, GPS, etc. Each one of these communicates with something different, GPS with satellites, cellular with cell towers, WiFi with a router, and so on. This is what I think anyway. Not an expert by any means, and of course MOO.

ETA: For the satellite texting, yes a phone would need additional specifications. Sorry for the long winded answer :p

I have a Garmin InReach Explorer that I've used when off-roading. Part of the subscription I have is a cloud based interface where people I invite can see where I'm at, send and receive satellite texts to me, etc. That tells me that there's at least the possibility that some vendors might store quite a bit of information about GPS units. If that's the case with cellular/GPS hybrids, I have no idea. IMO, information could be stored externally to the device itself. MOO.

Mine is a very old model. A Magellan GPS 4000XL model. I just found it and turned it on. It took about 5 minutes for it to boot up and lock onto 3 satellites.

They are really neat to use and whenever I go hiking in a remote area, I like to take it along. I first mark my truck's position before I leave my truck for the woods and then whenever I want to start heading back, I do a "GOTO" function and use the landmark that I stored for my truck. It tells me the distance to my truck, and it tells me the heading in degrees. I carry along a compass because it has the 360 degrees markings and I use that to head in the correct location to my truck. I can navigate without a compass but its easier for me to just pull out the compass and head for the degrees my GPS told me to head. LOL

It works great for me and I really like the comfort of having it when in deep woods to help prevent getting lost. I always bring spare batteries and I make sure not to drop it or break it when out in the woods. LOL

Mine has a "Satellite Status" screen that shows me all the satellites it has available on a graph and it currently is showing 7 on a grid that it can find. It only needs to lock onto 3 of them to get exact GPS coordinates. And I believe when a 4th is found, is how it can tell you your elevation you are at too. It gives you the elevation above sea level.

Maybe i’m not following, but are you saying that in the 21-23 hours between that texts to her friend and the police arriving for their welfare check, a cement walkway was framed, poured and had time to dry?

Actually, very early during the investigation, much was being said here about the "police tape" where the yellow tape was also tied/secured to a garden loader parked outside along the house. (A flatbed loaded with huge mountain rocks was also visible) .

When I drilled down the photos, my take was this construction caution tape for walkway work that was already in process. I'm recalling it was either a new slate walkway (or repairs) from a porch to the driveway. Also saw work opposite driveway for a pedestrian bridge across a trailing brook/creek. My post is from memory only.

Also, May is perfect timing for this type of work as winter can be very harsh on driveways, sidewalks, etc. The Morphew residence features many custom hardscape aspects.

MOO

Mine is a very old model. A Magellan GPS 4000XL model. I just found it and turned it on. It took about 5 minutes for it to boot up and lock onto 3 satellites.

They are really neat to use and whenever I go hiking in a remote area, I like to take it along. I first mark my truck's position before I leave my truck for the woods and then whenever I want to start heading back, I do a "GOTO" function and use the landmark that I stored for my truck. It tells me the distance to my truck, and it tells me the heading in degrees. I carry along a compass because it has the 360 degrees markings and I use that to head in the correct location to my truck. I can navigate without a compass but its easier for me to just pull out the compass and head for the degrees my GPS told me to head. LOL

It works great for me and I really like the comfort of having it when in deep woods to help prevent getting lost. I always bring spare batteries and I make sure not to drop it or break it when out in the woods. LOL

Mine has a "Satellite Status" screen that shows me all the satellites it has available on a graph and it currently is showing 7 on a grid that it can find. It only needs to lock onto 3 of them to get exact GPS coordinates. And I believe when a 4th is found, is how it can tell you your elevation you are at too. It gives you the elevation above sea level.
GPS amazes me in general. The accuracy achieved with plain ole math makes me wish I had paid better attention in math classes.

Completely agree. It does lean me in the direction of premeditation or having help, though. He may very well gotten all this accomplished during the window of opportunity on the fly and without help, but man that is a short time frame without premeditation. MOO.
Leave phone home, use old non GPS car to Salida on 50 South, looks like zero cameras for at least 20 miles.
Dozens of river access places feet from the shoulder to dump in the Arkansas river. Return, stop off at highway 105 south Salida where the cement pad property is. Dig it up because... , or load up equipment on a trailer noisily for a nonsensical trip to prepare to work in Denver, and go on home to Puma Path, the trip to Salida explained as getting ready for the morning.

I wouldn't find the guardianship nearly as sketchy and concerning IF it just dealt with the closing of the house in IN. If that was the sole thing it was used for. This blanket guardianship just doesn't sit right with me.

MOO
I agree! I’m trying to understand IN Guardianship laws. I’m a paralegal in MN and I have worked on many Guardianships and Conservatoships. In MN Guardianship is of the person- Conservator is of assets. I could see doing a protective order or something for the transfer of the real estate and that’s it. (IMO- I haven’t researched if either proceeding is allowable in MN if person is missing.) MN Courts are hawkish when it comes to supervising G/C. We use Uniform Probate Code and given my experience I don’t see how you could get Guardianship of a missing person. For justice sake and Suzanne’s sake I am glad CO law is different than IN law and moving it to CO it would be under more scrutiny. IHOO

Is this a cryptic message from Chris? Or is this a PSA?

Oh, this is loud and clear, and Profiling Evil’s Chris is calling out Barry for committing a terrible act of domestic violence, IMO.

I practice law in the MN, and work as a DV advocate on weekends. The Power and Control Wheel was invented here in Duluth, MN. Power and Control are at the center of the wheel. The spokes around the wheel show the many ways in which men (this wheel is gender specific) use different ways to control women in domestic arrangements. Battering is simply one way to maintain control, whereas power and control through isolation, threat, guilting, enforcing stereotypes, etc.

Who knows what went on in the Morphew household, but we know that the anonymous relative stated Barry was in control, had been for a long time. If the relative could see it from the “outside,” I am almost certain there was some type of DV going on in the “inside.”

IMO Profiling Evil is shouting it out. Show us! What did you do to her? You’ve controlled the story in your 26 seconds, then with TD you felt older and stronger and smarter, therefor you felt SAFER telling your story, you could fool that wandering dude with a phone....

Always. In. Control.

moo

Hello – my disclaimer: I’m not an expert or certified but just give my opinion :)

Is there ever really a process that completely removes all traces of a human body (just a general question, not to you specifically)? Dogs are even used for wildfire searches where burned bodies are covered under massive debris. I don’t think there is. **With a well-trained, squared away dog and handler, especially a dog/handler team that have trained with various remains and conditions, I believe it’s very difficult to mask the scent of human remains. Whether it’s tissue, bone fragments, etc. With lime? What a gnarly scene that would be, but I believe the scent would still “leak” and rise and be detectable. Remember, human remains is the target odor, everything else gets eliminated. Metal? Nah but nice try :) The science behind this and how a dog can detect this – I have no idea. It’s truly fascinating. People often get disappointed in the dogs but they of course are not 100% but IMO, they are 90+% on point. Note my * above on training, etc. I know of another dog team that got to experience a blind search on placenta that was placed in buckets over several acres. A friend shared breast implants were part of a HRD training work shop. Interesting.

Now a scenario where a dead body was there, then later removed to a different location. Imagine spraying a pump or two of perfume in the air. The smell will linger but eventually will go away completely. Well in this case, it might be hard to detect human remains after a period of time.

A dream for most HRD handlers is the experience of training at the Body Farm. A dog I know (that sounds weird to say I know) reaction to seeing her first full body cadaver was interesting. She froze and her body language was “Fred.is.right.there.OMGEE”. She recovered and was able to regain her focus. Good girlie. (find fred is the term this dog/handler use to get into work mode)

At the end of the day *I* think it’s difficult to mask the odor of remains from a dog.

IMO

Very interesting thank you! Dogs are amazing. It makes me wonder what all my dog smells. I cooked a boston butt in the crock pot today with a spice rub and the house smells delicious. My baby Daisy has been acting crazy though. I wonder if it’s overwhelming to her doggie nose or she just wants some. Anyway I think you were saying no that dogs cannot smell through metal if by some chance Suzanne was hidden in a tank of some sort. That sounds awful and I’m sorry if it sounds insensitive. But she was put somewhere and none of the thoughts are good. Always love hearing about these amazing dogs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia