Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it possible that LE’s ‘handling’ of the bike scene is the only reason there hasn’t been an arrest? LE knows who did it, but also knows that their ‘screw up’ of the bike recovery is going to be a huge thorn in their side?

I don't think so. I think the bike area seems pretty abandoned by LE and they got what they needed from that "scene"--I think they are following leads and BM's "best friend" (who I'm guessing is the firefighter) really needs to ask BM to stop quoting him on this, since it will probably come up again.

Duh... that's kind of a big discrepancy if you were moving earth somewhere when your wife vanished and never seen again -- Nice try BM.

Yes. But: pivot to bike scene injustice. That seems to be the strategy BM is pursuing and I wonder if it's an actual legal strategy as well--to try and claim the bike scene was messed up by LE? I'm sure LE is prepared for this but I also wonder which witness statements are the most important right now in understanding how the bike staging happening or took place?

Ohhh... I sooooo misjudged him... He doesn't have anything to do with Suzanne's dissappearance
... This interview changed everything.... He is the true victim.... NOT...:mad::mad::mad:

It's always about Barry... his hardships... him being misunderstood... him being misjudged... sickening...
WHAT ABOUT SUZANNE?

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
i wonder what he did to the bobcat to earn a query from the cops.

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

Regardless of what others may think, Barry said a big concern of his is the way in which the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has handled this investigation.

“The Sheriff’s Department screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and now they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,” he said. He went on to cite an incident he found particularly troubling, which occurred, he said, when deputies found his wife’s bike.

“My buddy was there right after that, and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen to him and said, ‘this is not CSI,'” Barry said. “There’s no evidence for the investigators to see because the Sheriff’s Department completely obliterated it.”
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

This tells me all I need to know ... a'la Lecticia Stauch

Aug 20, 2020

image0000.jpg

And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”

Last edited:
"Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused

Re BBM
A bobcat you say. I knew I was hung up on that today for a reason

If one person got saved from this she would think it worth losing her life?

What a crock. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
That statement would be ironic if it wasn’t so sick and twisted! The only person BM is concerned with “saving” is himself. And maybe that was the “slip of the tongue, that reveals why he had to do it. To save himself, whether financially or socially. It has nothing to do with religion and saving some hapless soul. Barry needed to “save face.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi