Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
.. SM had been uprooted from her closest lifelong friends and family members, some of whom "lost contact with her". This, while fighting for her life, while a seemingly absent husband went on living his. One daughter left for school, the other busy living her best teenage years. I see Suzanne as being very isolated and lonely. I see Barry as not having time for neediness. Jmho.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> SM had been uprooted from her closest lifelong friends and family members, some of whom "lost contact with her". This, while fighting for her life, while a seemingly absent husband went on living his. One daughter left for school, the other busy living her best teenage years. I see Suzanne as being very isolated and lonely. I see Barry as not having time for neediness. Jmho.

Absolutely. I see BM as a black hole, with all the energy being sucked into his ego and nothing going out. I sense he is incapable of empathy. Well, except for empathy for BM.
I might add, I feel that his false reality that he is special, will be his downfall. I think he lives in a world of magical thinking. He thinks that he's superior, smarter, entitled to special treatment. This false reality interfered with his cover-up, no doubt. He made big mistakes and he underestimated LE's ability to notice them. Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
The quietest County Sherriff in all the land?

Sad that its been that long.
I was certainly disappointed. I don’t feel that way anymore. As @Megnut posted, LE is busy building a “rock solid” case. That takes time and patience. If this was premeditated, as I believe it was (I could be wrong), LE are just getting all their ducks in a row. It took 7 months to nail that coward FD and his little helper and LE KNEW who disappeared JDF long before that. MOO

there's been studies done on the impact on families who moved away from extended family to a far away place. The family dynamics can change drastically as can the stressors of new jobs, new schools, few friends.
Isolation from old extended families has been mentioned many times in these studies as having a deleterious effect on domestic relations and domestic violence.
We see this in my state (Florida) as many families are transplants.
Especially with spotty phone service. If they don't have good phone service does that mean they don't have dependable wifi for a PC? Or are those separate systems there. Without my PC and wifi, I would have gone crazy during this quarantine. Wearing a mask since March 20, going outside just to walk dogs and (luckily) to garden. Still, in the area I live, record high cases every day, and yesterday record deaths. I can't imagine not having the connectivity and inner peace of internet access to carry on conversations on whatsapp, FB, WS, email, skype, with my far-flung friends and relatives. The few times the dsl has gone down I was unbelievably nervous. And I don't live with someone who is trying to run things all the time. And who plays games with words as we have seen.

Yes, perfect. Thank you for this.

It brings more questions though. Im sure we have discussed this threads ago, but with what we know now I wonder - what was the significance of the "item" that caused a highway shutdown (a rare occurence) vs the bike (that LE wont speak of) not closing the area down?

It appears that at least on May 13th, Wednesday, that County Rd 225 was blocked according to this tweet:

Amber Jo Cooper‏Verified account @AmberJoCooper
The Sheriff’s Office has blocked off the road at Hwy 50 and County Road 225. According to online records, Suzanne Morphew may have a house down this road. There looks to be a few houses down the road that I can see through the trees.

See Video embed at tweet

1:28 PM - 13 May 2020

Since they (allegedly) found the bike Sunday night, I’m sure they spread out their search in a radius around it. At this point they probably felt they were looking for an injured, incapacitated, or lost person. My guess is that when they hadn’t found her that night, they regrouped Monday morning, closed off 225, and brought in even more searchers. We don’t know exactly what when on those first few days except for a couple of updates from the CCSO. Because this area is so far from major cities, the press really didn’t start arriving until mid-week.

Sealing off 225 would not have a major impact in the area except for the few residents and anyone wishing to go on the biking trail or to the lake at Fooses Dam. I think this area was thoroughly searched by the 100 or so LE that were there early in the week. LE found nothing else, (to our knowledge), relating to SM in the area where the bike was recovered. This is when they likely expanded the search which led to the discovery of the personal item on Thursday. The Friday search led up Highway 50 west of 225. After hours of searching nothing more was found.
I also think that by this point all optional theories had been mostly ruled out. It would not be fruitful to continue these types of foot searches, even with drones. The area is just too vast. As I stated above, they continued searching in area waters at least until the following Sunday, May 17th, the same day BM made his peculiar FB video.
MOO

I was certainly disappointed. I don’t feel that way anymore. As @Megnut posted, LE is busy building a “rock solid” case. That takes time and patience. If this was premeditated, as I believe it was (I could be wrong), LE are just getting all their ducks in a row. It took 7 months to nail that coward FD and his little helper and LE KNEW who disappeared JDF long before that. MOO
Agree. You can see that long investigation time for no body case. They had a lot of evidence in Gannon S. case and the killer was pretty inept.
They filed charges ready to go without the body at 3 months.
7 months for a more sophisticated killer of Jennifer D. Whose body likely never to be found.

So literally can't tell how long here, or what evidence they might already have.

Wait! I thought it was a mountain lion that got her? Maybe it was both--a bobcat and a mountain lion, acting in tandem? And BM forgot to mention tigers and bears--oh my. Get your story straight, Barry, if you don't want to end up as a permanent resident of Oz.

Maybe BM confused the “bobcat” with the “Mountain Lion”. They are both cats??

Excellent post @Seattle1, thank you!
Many people do not realize this phenomenon
but it certainly exists. It does mold the young boy for who/what he becomes when mature.

Notice who showed up for BM when trouble
happened, his mother. And she stayed at his home to fully support the little prince in his time of need. How old is he again?

Also may be reason BM may have preconceived
hostility w/ male LE/sheriff. Have they called him out for bad behavior before? Or does BM
'expect' other men not to fully buy or believe his BS that he's been spewing his whole life to puff up himself? Men often recognize his type
pretty quickly. And call him to task.
Wonder where his sisters have been in all this?

Same phenomenon with Scott Peterson, described by family as The Golden Boy. A little prince whose lies were always accepted without question, a world-class narcissist in constant need of female attention. I don't want to hijack the topic from Suzanne's fate but ... there is a stock character in the annals of murder.

Last edited:
I think BM’s mixup, (lie), about what time he was fixing something on his Bobcat is very important for the following reason: While we don’t know what time BM originally told LE he was doing the repair, in his video with TD he implied, but never stated, that he had the discussion with SM about going to Denver on Sunday morning.
He now claims that he left SM sleeping at 5:00 a.m. That means he had the discussion earlier, either on Saturday or some day previous.
Why do I think this is very important? There would be absolutely no reason why BM would have to be at the dig site on Saturday at midnight. He could have picked up the Bobcat Saturday afternoon. Or, if it was being used in Salida on Saturday he could have picked it up on Sunday morning after 5:00 a.m. to bring it to Denver.
The Denver job was starting Monday morning. He was just staging on Sunday for his workers. There was no need for a midnight run on Saturday evening.
If he tried to use the excuse that something on the Bobcat was broken and had to be fixed before one of his workers picked it up, the same logic would apply.
JMO

I think BM’s mixup, (lie), about what time he was fixing something on his Bobcat is very important for the following reason: While we don’t know what time BM originally told LE he was doing the repair, in his video with TD he implied, but never stated, that he had the discussion with SM about going to Denver on Sunday morning.
He now claims that he left SM sleeping at 5:00 a.m. That means he had the discussion earlier, either on Saturday or some day previous.
Why do I think this is very important? There would be absolutely no reason why BM would have to be at the dig site on Saturday at midnight. He could have picked up the Bobcat Saturday afternoon. Or, if it was being used in Salida on Saturday he could have picked it up on Sunday morning after 5:00 a.m. to bring it to Denver.
The Denver job was starting Monday morning. He was just staging on Sunday for his workers. There was no need for a midnight run on Saturday evening.
If he tried to use the excuse that something on the Bobcat was broken and had to be fixed before one of his workers picked it up, the same logic would apply.
JMO
ITA. What he actually did during the Saturday and overnight through Sunday is going to bring him down. As you said, there was no reason for him to be at the dig site Saturday at midnight. Getting it earlier, or just as he was leaving town Sunday morning, makes much more sense. UNLESS you are using the equipment for a secret reason. The timeline is so darn tight, though -- I have to wonder if SM is somewhere nearby. :(

JMO
MOO the only reason to go at 11pm to Salida instead of in the morning to pick up anything up prior to going to Denver would be to give a reason for leaving the house that night.

Excellent post @Seattle1, thank you!
Many people do not realize this phenomenon
but it certainly exists. It does mold the young boy for who/what he becomes when mature.

Notice who showed up for BM when trouble
happened, his mother. And she stayed at his home to fully support the little prince in his time of need. How old is he again?

Also may be reason BM may have preconceived
hostility w/ male LE/sheriff. Have they called him out for bad behavior before? Or does BM
'expect' other men not to fully buy or believe his BS that he's been spewing his whole life to puff up himself? Men often recognize his type
pretty
quickly. And call him to task.
Wonder where his sisters have been in all this?

BBM. Yes, the little prince phenomenon does exist. Most of us have seen these princes first hand. They have a hard time in life, and their moms are usually right there for them, providing unhelpful reassurance that they really are the end all and be all, no matter what the rest of the world might think.

You're point that men are more likely to see them clearly and call them out resonates so aptly with BM. It would be intolerable for a little prince to be held accountable for bad behavior, extremely unsettling and painful. Hence the assault charge back in Indiana. He lost it. I'm sure BM has been deeply hurt many, many, many times by being called out or not having his projected false image validated, especially by other men. It would make him "standoffish."
It makes sense that he would choose to run with a younger set of male friends. He thinks he can better impress them than a older, wiser social set. There is no middle ground. If someone doesn't feed his ego, he hates them.

I think there is no way that Lauren would have gotten that interview if she had been a male.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member