Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Little is known about what efforts Barry is taking. It is reported online that he does take a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne."

From PE web page

Good grief I can’t find the emoji I was looking for.
Can someone create an “I have a hard time believing the drama coming from this man that couldn’t be bothered, and they should probably look in the opposite direction of Crested Butte” emoji.

I think her phone created major problems for this perp in a myriad of ways. JMO.

I agree @GordianKnot. I feel like the perp had to decide whether the phone would be left near the bike so as to provide a record of Suzanne's "bike ride"... or whether the phone would be left at house (to give him more time to do the other things that needed doing after dropping off the bike) but also risking how it looked strange that she would leave without her phone.

Or why she wasn't answering it.

The phone is a problem for the perp but a probably a boon for LE.

These are a few thing new to me from PE's web page.

1. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.

2. He remarks that he doesn't wake Suzanne. Reports say he texts Suzanne a Mother's Day greeting that goes unanswered.

3. Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her.

4. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride.

5. Little is known about what efforts Barry is taking. It is reported online that he does take a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

6. FOX21's Lauren Scharf reports Barry is also seen in town where he leaves a note in the Pancha Market. “Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala (Store Manager). There was no mention of who he was looking for, no description, only this note.

It stands for: Profiling Evil
https://www.youtube.com/c/ProfilingEvil

It's an approved source for information about this case that we can discuss

I love PE. They are both former investigators who have a strong heart for victims. They are respectful and decent human beings who continue contributing to society even after their retirement.

In the new interview with SM's brother Andy, Andy says that when he arrived to help in the search, he had BM tell him everything that was going on. BM told Andy that he had left the house at 5 a.m. and left SM asleep, and went to his job in COLORADO SPRINGS, where he and his crew were to start redoing a glass wall that had been badly done by them last year. He mentioned to Andy that he had told LE that on that job last year, he had had to fire a worker on the spot. BM had seen that ex-employee in Salida several times and had warned him to not mess with his family.

According to PE interview with Suzanne's brother, BM first told him he'd gotten back at 6 pm, not 9pm

BM told Suzanne's brother that he'd left at 5am to set up for a job rebuilding a wall. Up in Colorado Springs, he thought.

The house was sealed off by LE on Mother's Day. BM was starting at a house behind theirs, some others were staying at an airbnb next door to theirs.

The brother learned Suzanne was missing about 2pm on that Monday, from his dad. He caught a flight and landed at about 9pm.

BM told him he'd texted Suzanne Happy Mother's Day but she didn't answer, and after the girls got no response, he also called Suzanne but it went to voicemail.

Brother says he's not judge or jury or a lawyer, he just a brother who wants to find his little sister.

Really personalized Suzanne, the early search efforts and frankly a lot of inconsistencies in BM's early statements. Vehicle data incidents too, apparently according to LE that came to Indiana.

Lots of new information.

JMO JMO JMO

Part 2: Also in the new Andy interview, Andy says he could see that someone had obviously hand-tossed the bike down that ravine -- there was no evidence anywhere that a person had been injured, pumas had been there, etc.

He and 6 men searched around the area for 4 days and found absolutely nothing of SM's on the trails or roadsides.

These are a few thing new to me from PE's web page.

1. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.

2. He remarks that he doesn't wake Suzanne. Reports say he texts Suzanne a Mother's Day greeting that goes unanswered.

3. Barry contacts neighbor and asks her to check on Suzanne. Neighbor reports that she walked through house and can't locate her.

4. According to reports, Barry asks neighbor to return and see if Suzanne's bike is missing, noting she may be on a bike ride.

5. Little is known about what efforts Barry is taking. It is reported online that he does take a friend to an area near Crested Butte where he collapses on the ground uttering something about Suzanne.

6. FOX21's Lauren Scharf reports Barry is also seen in town where he leaves a note in the Pancha Market. “Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala (Store Manager). There was no mention of who he was looking for, no description, only this note.
That he took that friend to Crested Butte after SM was missing is perplexing -- CB is 92 miles from Salida. What the heck were they doing there when a search for SM was being conducted? Is this another one of BM's unconscious actions?

According to PE interview with Suzanne's brother, BM first told him he'd gotten back at 6 pm, not 9pm

BM told Suzanne's brother that he'd left at 5am to set up for a job rebuilding a wall. Up in Colorado Springs, he thought.

The house was sealed off by LE on Mother's Day. BM was starting at a house behind theirs, some others were staying at an airbnb next door to theirs.

The brother learned Suzanne was missing about 2pm on that Monday, from his dad. He caught a flight and landed at about 9pm.

BM told him he'd texted Suzanne Happy Mother's Day but she didn't answer, and after the girls got no response, he also called Suzanne but it went to voicemail.

Brother says he's not judge or jury or a lawyer, he just a brother who wants to find his little sister.

Really personalized Suzanne, the early search efforts and frankly a lot of inconsistencies in BM's early statements. Vehicle data incidents too, apparently according to LE that came to Indiana.

Lots of new information.

JMO JMO JMO
And I find that particular Mother’s Day job to be interesting. It was apparently to fix a wall that came out crooked.

That seems like an alibi that could be thrown together last minute. My guess is that it was not planned, at least for that particular time period. I think it was thrown together last minute: “we need to fix this project.”

If not, I imagine that they were planning to fix it on Monday, but it required no setup. At least the 24 hour plus lead time Barry would have us believe was necessary.

Last edited:

Lots of new information.

JMO JMO JMO

BM changing his job location to Co Spgs is definitely an easier, shorter route than Denver. Probably via Hwy 50 -- providing more opportunity for road surveillance and also better cell coverage.

The plot thickens...

This is very true. I happen to live in an area that a lot of folks move to from somewhere else. Our neighborhood always has a lot of social gatherings. (At least we used to before Covid-19.) When someone new moves in it’s interesting to watch how they begin to find their place in the neighborhood. Some are into sports, some are into arts, some are into games, eating out, gardening, dancing, or whatever. A lot of times people come off as rather boastful, outlining their accomplishments and how important they were in their previous lives. I think sometimes it’s due to insecurity in the new setting. Or sometimes it’s just because they are jerks and, as you said, @Fireflize, full of themselves. It doesn’t take long for the dust to settle. The newcomers find their place in the neighborhood. Those who are jerks often find people who put up with them because they are decent people or because he has managed to con them. For most, though, they see right through them.
Or people who put up with them because they absolutely love the wife and as a matter or course have to deal with the husband.

BM changing his job location to Co Spgs is definitely an easier, shorter route than Denver. Probably via Hwy 50 -- providing more opportunity for road surveillance and also better cell coverage.

The plot thickens...
You gotta wonder, though -- BM told Andy about Colo Springs job 2 days after the disappearance. Where the heck did the idea that BM had a "job setup in Denver" come from? What did he tell LE?

And I find that particular Mother’s Day job to be interesting. It was apparently to fix a wall, that came out crooked.

That seems like an alibi that could be thrown together last minute. My guess is that it was not planned, at least for that particular time period. I think it was thrown together last minute “we need to fix this project.”

If not, I imagine that they were planning to fix it on Monday, but it required no setup. At least the 24 hour plus lead time Barry would have us believe was necessary.
BBM Apparently BM did this wall in Colorado Springs last year and it wasn’t done correctly so he was going back to fix it. What I found interesting is that Barry blamed the wall mistakes on one of the workers. The worker was supposedly on drugs and messed up the wall. Barry had to fire him. Of course Barry has to blame the mistake on someone else. :rolleyes:Suzanne’s brother said the job was in Colorado Springs. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb