Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
could the hotel story be part of his alibi that he was planning to spend Sunday night there?
His alibi was interrupted by being called home to
look for his missing wife.

Sometimes I wonder if he realized it was even mother's day. (if he's the guilty party)

Just doesn't make much sense, if planned, to do it on mother's day (er night before?).

Wouldn't he realize his daughter's would be trying to get a hold of her rather quickly?
Not to mention others trying to wish her a happy mother's day etc. I'm assuming to which there was no replies back all day.
Wouldn't he also realize it's somewhat sketch to be working mother's day (a sunday) to fix a year old screw up...during a pandemic, no less.

But then again Frazee chose Thanksgiving knowingly, so who knows. I don't have the rational of killers, apparently.

could the hotel story be part of his alibi that he was planning to spend Sunday night there?
His alibi was interrupted by being called home to
look for his missing wife.

That he had to leave at 5 am for just a couple hours ride to a hotel to lay out tools in a room... and get there at 7 am outta town.. and not be able to check into a hotel until 3 pm per usual hotel check ins....

So, are we supposed to think that he arrived at 7 am... couldn't check in at that time.. and traveled on a Sunday, Mother's day, to perhaps visit the broken wall at 7 am... and then... ????? for 8 hours until he could unload the tools into the hotel room?

Yep. NOPE!

Salida to Crested Butte is 1hr 48 mins. So a round trip would be 3hr 40 mins. If you factor in perhaps 1 more hour to hike & dispose of a body, that is right at 5 hours.

So if someone was at a job site in Salida running machinery from 11:30pm - Midnight, that little excursion would have them back home at, you guessed it, 5am.

Then it’s 2 hours from home to Colorado Springs.

Kind of interesting to be 2 hours away, find out your wife is missing and then take over 3 hours to get home.

Once you get west of the front range in Colorado (the foot hills and in the mountains), you should add anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours of travel time to a gps's travel time estimate. It has actually gotten much worse this year.

If Barry stayed in a hotel in Denver i would be love to know when he booked that hotel, was this done some time in advance or was this something booked quickly like the evening before mothers day or extremely last minuet like the morning of mothers day :eek:

Can we even be certain BM was in CS?? This is what he told AM. Honestly, can we believe anything that comes out of his mouth? The Moorman’s have been lied to from the get-go. It appears only after CBI descended on IN were they able to see that BM was not being truthful. That is when they began seeing there were inconsistencies in BM’s narrative, although AM did say he had some concerns while visiting in CO immediately after SM “disappeared.”

Can’t wait for this nonsense to end and have BM where he belongs. It is nauseating to watch how he has used family and good friends to disseminate his lies in an attempt to implicate others to take the heat off himself. I do truly feel for those friends and family who cannot see through his lies and obfuscations. And, I feel even more for the family and employee that he threw under the bus in such a public way and the people he used to do it. Absolutely NOTHING is beneath BM to save his own skin. JMHO

Including USING his own daughters..(as we know children are sometimes the last to give up hope/loyalty to a murderer.. and often splits families - we see this again and again and again in so many cases). despicable.

That he had to leave at 5 am for just a couple hours ride to a hotel to lay out tools in a room... and get there at 7 am outta town.. and not be able to check into a hotel until 3 pm per usual hotel check ins....

I'm not defending BM in anyway, so please don't take it that way.

Have you ever set up a jobsite to start? My husband is in construction, and I can tell you its not just laying out tools. It can be ALOT of work, on big job, it can take days to weeks to properly set up.

I know that landscaping is a different part of construction, but either way its no just quick easy work

Jmho

I watched the interview with AM last night, but because there was SO much info there I had to watch again this morning. Just a few things that stood out to me, so I took some notes:

5:48 AM arrived in CO around 8-9pm Monday night. The Morphew house was already locked down so he went to the neighbor's air bnb. AM says BM was staying at "the neighbor's across the river, right behind his house". (I have seen conflicting info on WHO he was staying with, so this stood out to me)

6:35 AM heads to the house BM was staying at and asks BM to tell him everything: BM tells AM the 5am departure story. For a job in Colorado Springs (did AM misspeak here, or is that actually where BM told him he was?) where he was repairing a wall he'd put up last fall. BM tells AM he was setting the site up at the hotel, leaving tools at the hotel, so his crew could show up the next day (not Sunday night as he told TD) and re-build the wall. (I wonder what LE has seen on the surveillance footage of the hotel on Sunday?)

7:35 AM states BM told him he texted SM later that morning to tell her happy Mother's Day. No response. So then BM allegedly called SM and got her voicemail. He left a message - he's concerned - please call him back. BM's cell phone records will have already told LE exactly where that call was placed from. Denver? Colorado Springs? Somewhere else entirely?

9:05 BM tells AM he arrived back home at 6pm then later says it was 9pm. Such a stupid thing to lie about, so why do it?

13:00 AM became convinced after standing there for 20 minutes the bike was thrown down the ravine - BM didn't want to hear it, brushed him off (of course).

21:00 CBI travelled to IN to question the Moorman family & friends of B & S. AM tells (whoever it was) CBI he doesn't think BM had anything to do with it because he's been cooperative & passed polygraph & voice stress tests - CBI stops AM and says NO, BM uncooperative with CBI, lied about passing tests.

To me, it can't possibly get any clearer that a.) BM is as guilty as it gets b.) LE believe the exact same thing. I suspect his arrest may happen very, very soon. And the warrants unsealed, as well as the arrest warrant PC affidavit, which will be mind blowing to read. (and then all you super savvy folks who have info you're sitting on can finally share!)

jmo

Last edited:
I agree with you. Im not a crime expert by any means, but I think typically there is a lot of fantasizing going on before a murder.
I think those seeds sprouted and took hold of him. I think he may have been surprised at himself. He probably blames Suzanne for the course that he feels he had to take. Moo

BBM

ITA. At the beginning of BM’s video plea where he began with “Oh Suzanne”.
In my head I could almost hear him saying.. “Oh Suzanne, why did you make me do it?”.

JMO

Have you ever set up a jobsite to start? My husband is in construction, and I can tell you its not just laying out tools. It can be ALOT of work, on big job, it can take days to weeks to properly set up.

I know that landscaping is a different part of construction, but either way its no just quick easy work

Jmho

Agreed. I also don’t know if Barry meant that his tools were IN his hotel room-I have seen construction equipment parked in the back of hotels where workers were staying. Certain places have a ton of pavement and will accommodate needs of workers to get the business.

Do I believe that this particular year old redo job had the jackpot of having to be set up on the day Suzanne went missing, giving BM a distant alibi, with a hotel requirement, a disgruntled ex employee, and free parking for missing construction equipment? Nah.

Jmho

Understood, yet....

Looking forward to when the homeowner knew he was coming to the house at 7 am... and can verify what he was doing by HIMSELF for hours that morning, went to a local Lowe's etc to purchase items, was at the home setting out what he purchased etc etc.... to have left at 5 am from his house in an urgency on mothers day.. of all days.

...Unless, he never got there *cough* when first arriving and just sat all by himself at a Waffle House nearby in a booth eating a "smothered" "covered" "tapped" "country" "top" hashbrowns.

<modsnip> MOO

So, are we supposed to think that he arrived at 7 am... couldn't check in at that time.. and traveled on a Sunday, Mother's day, to perhaps visit the broken wall at 7 am... and then... ????? for 8 hours until he could unload the tools into the hotel room?

Yep. NOPE!

Holy cow, excellent point about check-in/check-out. I've travelled a ton, and you can almost never check IN to a hotel until WELL after check-out time, which is usually around 11am. Hotel staff reserves that block of time for maids to come in and do their magic, and I think the earliest check-in we ever had was noon.

So seriously, he leaves the house at 5am to head to... where? Denver? CS? What the heck was he actually doing those 5+ hours before check in time?

If Barry stayed in a hotel in Denver i would be love to know when he booked that hotel, was this done some time in advance or was this something booked quickly like the evening before mothers day or extremely last minuet like the morning of mothers day :eek:

The way he explained to TD, they had the discussion that day, Mother's Day, and SM agree she was okay with him leaving because, you know, they had 2 daughters on their way home that day anyway.

So no, I don't believe he booked it in advance but, it'd sure be interesting to hear what the desk clerk has to say about when the room was booked.

Sometimes I wonder if he realized it was even mother's day. (if he's the guilty party)

Just doesn't make much sense, if planned, to do it on mother's day (er night before?).

Wouldn't he realize his daughter's would be trying to get a hold of her rather quickly?
Not to mention others trying to wish her a happy mother's day etc. I'm assuming to which there was no replies back all day.
Wouldn't he also realize it's somewhat sketch to be working mother's day (a sunday) to fix a year old screw up...during a pandemic, no less.

But then again Frazee chose Thanksgiving knowingly, so who knows. I don't have the rational of killers, apparently.

You’re right - Really sketchy. Making it seem that whatever happened was sudden and unplanned.

Be curious to know if BM even called his own mother on Mother’s Day....

Yep. NOPE!

Almost as believable as a property owner being ok with in improperly installed glass wall being in their property for many months to one year. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI. The fire training in Denver is a Daily Mail error in reporting. Not part of anything BM said.
How did the Daily Mail get the fire training information? Do we know who told them that?
I’m thinking the Crested Butte information was a mistake on the PE webpage. Do we know where they got that information? Did BM lay on the ground in both locations? Either way it’s just weird. Why would he do that? MOO

Almost as believable as a property owner being ok with in improperly installed glass wall being in their property for many months to one year. :rolleyes:
I agree. Also, I don’t think BM’s business was all that successful in IN or CO. We’ve already heard about his problems in IN and now this. A good contractor would go fix the problem immediately. I’m sure the property owner wasn’t pleased and wouldn’t be referring him to others. MOO

another tidbit I learned from Andy's interview last night. He said he spent 4 days in Co. searching.
Sometime during this period he talked to CBI
who told him BM was NOT co-operating and did not offer/or refused to take any polygraph or voice test.

So within the first 4-5 days of the search, BM
stopped co-operating. FBI came in on the 14th,
4 days after SM reported missing.

Didn't take long for BM to show his true colors to LE. Wonder how many inconsistencies he'd
told by then?

Also bear in mind, BM is self-employed- used to calling the shots, not used to having to answer to his whereabouts, or where or when he's someplace. Must have frosted him to have to answer to LE and then learn LE doesn't believe half his lies.
Yup, those fingers are all pointing back to poor Barry.

BM to TD:

06:32
well it was mother's day
we uh, we had two daughters that were coming, home from the trip, and i got a job in denver that i wanted to get started on, on sunday, set it up for my work because my workers are coming in sunday night

BM to AM:

6:35
(BM) I got up, Mother's Day morning, 5am, your sister was laying there asleep, I got dressed, I left for work.
(AM) I said what work?
(BM) He said I had a job (I believe it was Colorado Springs), where he was building a wall, and they did it last fall, but part of the wall was crooked, it wasn't up to standard, so he had to go back in there, take it out and re-do it. And he said I was going there to set that job site up in the hotel, put the tools in the hotel, so that my crew could show up there the next day and we could start rebuilding that wall.

Mmhmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member