Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. By “some time,” I think several years. If there was any chance this was Suzanne, we would know by now. My guess is we’re talking about many years, or even decades old.

i agree, @MassGuy. so far, that's the only (relatively new, from 16 hours ago) available info about it. it's always stunning how many accidental dead bodies are found, while on the look-out for one.

eta: there is another unidentified body in pueblo that was found yesterday, but it seems like we would have heard from that one, as well, if it had any significance to SM's case.

My personal opinion is--- at that moment it sounds like SM was pretty wrapped up and excited about helping with the wedding. Sounds like the texting was going on all day. Barry comes home, asked who is she texting with. From there she proceeds to tell him that she's going back to Indiana for the wedding. He says No.

He might have slapped the phone out of her hands. He may have grabbed her phone. He may have shoved her and she hit her head on the fireplace.

I want to know how long after the abrupt ending did family and friends start getting the strange social media texts.

And I want to know what each text said.

All MOO
Hi Warwick7 - I'd be very grateful for your help with some more information if you don't mind? I'm aware of the abrupt cessation of phone/text communications between SM and her friend about an upcoming wedding. I haven't heard anything about strange social media texts and would like to read more about same. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, please? Thank you!

Hi Warwick7 - I'd be very grateful for your help with some more information if you don't mind? I'm aware of the abrupt cessation of phone/text communications between SM and her friend about an upcoming wedding. I haven't heard anything about strange social media texts and would like to read more about same. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, please? Thank you!
Sure, I believe it is this:
Suzanne Moorman Morphew
(Profiling Evil's web page)

And this:

@MassGuy you said in the previous thread that this was probably not planned, as I said before I won't be surprised to find out that it was on the level of Jennifer Dulos murder premediated which that case was quite alarming. The kids gone, Mother's Day sounds premediated to me.

I think SM was killed before Mother's Day - probably the day before. That is because it has been reported that the plan was for the M daughters to arrive back in time to spend MD with Suzanne. <modsnip> So this wasn't a case of SM being left at home all day on her own that Sunday; there were several different reports of the daughters trying to get hold of their mum early on, to let her know they'd been delayed.
BM wouldn't have known that, and so he presumably thought he only had Saturday evening alone with his wife. If he did plan to murder SM, it would have been far too risky to commit the act on Sunday and dispose of a body and any incriminating evidence with his daughters expected back that same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are welcome!
Both are VERY enlightening!
Oh my goodness. QED.
I know where I stand with this case. BM has made some monumental mistakes in trying to cover his tracks. Impersonating someone on their social media sites is one such example.
I wonder whether he had the help of someone else this early on?

Thank you again.

Oh my goodness. QED.
I know where I stand with this case. BM has made some monumental mistakes in trying to cover his tracks. Impersonating someone on their social media sites is one such example.

Thank you again.
As you watch the PE video you will see where they at least 5 times discussed/red flagged that a third party knows something of what happened.

The PE guys said earlier that day they talked with a "3rd party"...
They said "...interesting things came as a result of that discussion."

So, a 3rd party is involved one way or another.

Oh my goodness. QED.

Thank you again.
Interesting the QED...
I had to look it up...
Cool!

Sleepless night. Can’t get this case out of my head.

Just rewatched the video @Warwick7 posted for @Dr.StClements and read PE page on SM. Earlier I listened to AM again too. BM stayed with his buddy behind and across the river from their home. Must be really good friends. I wonder if he called him first when the girls got concerned. If not, why not? Why call your 70 year old neighbour and get her to check? Wouldn’t his buddy be more familiar with the M’s home? Was this intentional on BM’s part not to involve him in calling LE, because he needed him for something more important? Did he call him right after he introduced the bike story to her? Tells buddy, “Hey, we can’t reach Suzanne and her bike is gone can you go look for her up the trail,” and while LE are with neighbour who placed the call, GD finds the bike, alerts LE he’s found the bike and that’s how he is there when LE arrive and ”mess up” BM’s “crime scene?” How wonderfully convenient for BM to have buddy right there to fill him in on LE’s activity :rolleyes:

Too many coininky dinky things in this case and too many things that don’t add up. Since the KB murder these words have stayed with me (posted to her Pinterest), “If words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t part of the equation.” JMHO

Last edited:
Sleepless night. Can’t get this case out of my head.

Just rewatched the video @Warwick posted for @Dr.StClements and read PE page on SM. Earlier I listened to AM again too. BM stayed with his buddy behind and across the river from their home. Must be really good friends. I wonder if he called him first when the girls got concerned. If not, why not? Why call your 70 year old neighbour and get her to check? Wouldn’t his buddy be more familiar with the M’s home? Was this intentional on BM’s part not to involve him in calling LE, because he needed him for something more important? Did he call him right after he introduced the bike story to her? Tells buddy, “Hey, we can’t reach Suzanne and her bike is gone can you go look for her up the trail,” and while LE are with neighbour who placed the call, GD finds the bike, alerts LE he’s found the bike and that’s how he is there when LE arrive and ”mess up” BM’s “crime scene?” How wonderfully convenient for BM to have buddy right there to fill him in on LE’s activity :rolleyes:

Too many coininky dinky things in this case and too many things that don’t add up. Since the KB murder these words have stayed with (posted to her Pinterest), “If words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t part of the equation.” JMHO
Observe. That’s what we do.

<modsnip>

We had a couple in the Kelsey Berreth case, and amazingly, some in the Watts case.

The dude confessed, but he was “good looking or something.”

This man is like a pile of coincidences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to focus on this paragraph for a second:

This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

First, this is the worst thing to happen to HIM. Not “us,” not “my family,” not “my daughters and I.”

When he says “...if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it,” I think he’s also talking about himself.

Basically, “I made a stupid mistake and my wife paid for it. Suzanne wouldn’t want me to go to prison for it though, because that would be a double tragedy.”

ETA Link

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
I know I'm going back a bit and I'm sure someone had to address this but, as ridiculous of a statement that it is for many reasons, exactly what could someone be saved from?
Riding a 'bike'? Being abducted? Mountain lion attacks? A psychotic husband's rage? What?
Should everyone become a hermit, lock their doors, make sure their damn surveillance cameras are working, obey their overbearing husbands?
All facetiousness aside, what possible reason would someone say that - and I'm not even talking about how crass that is to say about one's 'missing' wife.
I mean, she wasn't playing with matches. I don't understand what lesson is to be learned that a person could be saved from. What the heck is wrong with his mind. o_O

Last edited:

To be honest, most of the people who think Barry is innocent, have never followed a case before.

We had a couple in the Kelsey Berreth case, and amazingly, some in the Watts case.

I feel so sad for SM’s family, because like you, I don’t think they’ll find her remains, unless they arrest him and he confesses. Not confident he’ll do that, but I can hope. Maybe he’s not quite as sick as PF. I suspect he’s likely as stupid though.

I don't know the laws in IN but, in NY, there's no law where the person's maternal fa

I know I'm going back a bit and I'm sure someone had to address this but, as ridiculous of a statement that it is for many reasons, exactly what could someone be saved from?
Riding a 'bike'? Being abducted? Mountain lion attacks? A psychotic husband's rage? What?
Should everyone become a hermit, lock their doors, make sure their damn surveillance cameras are working, obey their overbearing husbands?
All facetiousness aside, what possible reason would someone say that - and I'm not even talking about how crass that is to say about one's 'missing' wife.
I mean, she wasn't playing with matches. I don't understand what lesson is to be learned that a person could be saved from. What the heck is wrong with his mind. o_O
In BM’s sick, twisted mind, it would be him who got saved. He believes SM is in heaven, she’s forgiven him, so it’s all o.k. and therefore he should be saved from going to prison for the rest of his life, or something like that. OP said it much better upthread :)

i can't help but believe that there is significance in the disappearance of Suzanne so close to Mother's day. Perhaps Suzanne found out about a Mother's day purchase for the Mother of a previously unknown child out of wedlock. Perhaps that other young Mother got fed up that Barry was going to spend the Day with Suzanne and surprised them with a visit and confrontation? Perhaps there was an accomplice to Suzanne's disappearance. I am confident that the CBI and FBI are looking at all the possible players in this case. It just seems to me that Mother's Day, a day to celebrate Mothers, might have been a trigger for a possible Mother of a child born out of wedlock to Barry Morphew. This is MOO and pure speculation based upon the significance of the Mothers day disappearance.

To be honest, most of the people who think Barry is innocent, have never followed a case before.

-"a pile of coincidences" -
- good call
So can you imagine how quickly the light bulb goes off for experienced investigators?
CBI and FBI know these types like the back of their hands.
"OK guys, we have another one, just gather the evidence, we see where this is going".
Main differences in these cases is whether or not the parties were married, or divorced and
where the relationship was in the deterioration
of the relationship. That road can be bumpy.

Relationship destruction is the spark that causes many fires.

i can't help but believe that there is significance in the disappearance of Suzanne so close to Mother's day. Perhaps Suzanne found out about a Mother's day purchase for the Mother of a previously unknown child out of wedlock. Perhaps that other young Mother got fed up that Barry was going to spend the Day with Suzanne and surprised them with a visit and confrontation? Perhaps there was an accomplice to Suzanne's disappearance. I am confident that the CBI and FBI are looking at all the possible players in this case. It just seems to me that Mother's Day, a day to celebrate Mothers, might have been a trigger for a possible Mother of a child born out of wedlock to Barry Morphew. This is MOO and pure speculation based upon the significance of the Mothers day disappearance.
ah, interesting thought.
This exact scenario happened to people I know.
Long term marriage, couple in their 60's,
one day when husband is out a knock on the door and wife answers.
A 16 yr. old boy came looking for his "father".

It was the beginning of the end for the marriage. They eventually divorced.
It's not uncommon for some men to live double lives and when it's exposed all heck breaks loose.

One of the Barryisms that has bothered me is that LE has never publicly disparaged Barry in any way whatsoever. Yet the only time (other than 26 seconds) that he has to chosen to go public is to complain about LE blaming him. He is willing to talk about how he is being treated, and how inept LE is in the handling of the case, but will not do one public thing to find his wife. He will only comment about himself. He does not bring a voice to Suzanne, or ask for the public’s help in bringing her home. Why is he so worried about how he is being looked at?
The eventual jury pool? Saw a Dateline tonight on David Martin Hawk who was convicted of killing his ex-wife.
A lot of similarities to this case. He too was very concerned about the public's perception.

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.
Suzanne Moorman Morphew
I imagine one of the last messages went something like this, "So sorry we got cut off. All that stuff about the wedding sounds good. I'm so exhausted, I really need to go to bed. I'll get back to you tomorrow, after my bike ride."

Imo

Having gone back and re-read both the long and short form terms of service, I do not see where it is improper to mention religion as it relates to a case, particularly here where it is integral to understanding a POI's statement. The Morphew family attended a Christian church. Salvation (eternity with God in heaven) would be the wished for prize for one's soul (as opposed to eternity in hell). The concept of "zeal for souls"--wishing the prize of heaven for others--would be familiar to BM. MOO: BM was stating that through the horror of his wife's disappearance someone might be drawn closer to God by learning about Suzanne and seeing her goodness and faith. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver