Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry says that he was not asked to take a polygraph. Suzanne's brother claims that Barry was asked to take a polygraph but refused. Barry has an incentive to lie but there's no evidence outstanding to prove that he lied; Suzanne's brother has not revealed the source of his supposed information, so it cannot be verified. I can't say that I trust Barry, though I don't trust the brother either.
The brother said his source was the CBI, who traveled to Indiana to interview family.

If law enforcement interviews you for 30 hours and doesn’t ask you to take a polygraph, then I’m calling BS.

Especially when you’re talking about the CBI and FBI, who pulled the trigger on Chris Watts during his second interview.

Barry claimed to have had 3. I believe the brother.

Barry says that he was not asked to take a polygraph. Suzanne's brother claims that Barry was asked to take a polygraph but refused. Barry has an incentive to lie but there's no evidence outstanding to prove that he lied; Suzanne's brother has not revealed the source of his supposed information, so it cannot be verified. I can't say that I trust Barry, though I don't trust the brother either.

I am certain this will remain unconfirmed by CBI.

I believe it was in AM's last YT (responding to BM's interview with Fox21 and denial) that AM cites he was given this information by CBI.

There's probably a transcript posted here somewhere.... :confused:

MOO

ETA: Taking @MassGuy's word.

They added another photo in the comments about an hour after posting

The additional photo you pointed out has a building in the background uphill, called Christ Lutheran Church, helped me visualize better, thank you.
Can’t imagine BM in the area of C-470 south unless he’d done some work, with so many landscapers in the metro area and surrounding why hire a guy out of Salida?

Exit to fix quote

Last edited:
I am certain this will remain unconfirmed by CBI.

I believe it was in AM's last YT (responding to BM's interview with Fox21 and denial) that AM cites he was given this information by CBI.

There's probably a transcript posted here somewhere.... :confused:

MOO

ETA: Taking @MassGuy's word.

In the end, the polygraph issue will be a minor point anyway. But I enjoy the way it becomes a kind of marker for who is trying to say what, at this delicate point in time.

No doubt everyone has been asked not to say much, some may even have been advised to be silent by a lawyer.

What they end up saying, despite those admonitions is always interesting. In this case, I believe only one of the two speakers can be right/truthful.

Who is correct? And is the other one merely mistaken - or something else?

The brother said his source was the CBI, who traveled to Indiana to interview family.

If law enforcement interviews you for 30 hours and doesn’t ask you to take a polygraph, then I’m calling BS.

Especially when you’re talking about the CBI and FBI, who pulled the trigger on Chris Watts during his second interview.

When I read the transcript on what the CBI shared, I was grateful for all the @ProfilingEvil started. LS is awesome, but PE I believe gave others the courage to speak up.

That's what the brother claimed, sure. I'd have found him more credible if he would've stated the date(s), time(s) and name(s) of the CBI agent(s) that supposedly told him the information.

As for the 30 hours of interviews w/o a polygraph request: if Barry Morphew is represented by an attorney who arranged the interviews, you can bet that one of the ground rules would be: No mention of polygraphs, either by police or Barry. If police didn't want to accept those ground rules, they could've rejected the interview offers.

I do too. No drama, solid individual. Talks about Barry's family being wonderful people . The man just wants to find his little sister. How heart breaking is that?
Moo.

I'm sorry you felt put out by comments and I hope I'm not one of the commenters that made you feel that way.
I didn't make fun of the calendar or it's charitable works but isn't that usually something usually participated in by single men or young married men who's wives are on board?
The only thing I found 'funny' was the 'oiling up' of the participants in the calendar competition.
Can you imagine if the gender roles were reversed? I doubt that would fly very well with most husbands and trust me, I'm not a prude!
Again, no offense intended. :)

Thanks @marylamby - I wasn’t offended, I said bummed- I wished for clarification.

To answer your question- I feel they want the event to be all inclusive- no age limits or even gender - women are represented as well. Last year a gentleman posed wearing a shirt. The more “contestants” that show up for tryouts the merrier- And absolutely not just young singles- I guess either you’re in or out on the theme/deal - it’s probably not for everyone, but it’s intent is all good.

I was hoping it wasn’t getting a bad rap due to BM- or anyway associated with him-

Yes, they are very noisy. I doubt that was the noise she heard. A wood chipper is louder than a chainsaw and would attract attention.

But it did attract attention. That was, as I understood it, that woman's entire point. She was awakened from a sound sleep, is slow to wake up, and then goes and investigates some really loud noise.

I don't know about you, but my neighbors are closer than the work site was to that neighbor's house and they still can wake me up. I now have a wrist-carried decibel-meter (thank you, Apple Watch!) but I don't need one to tell me a noise is too loud to sleep.

A chainsaw at that distance would certainly wake me up - but I'd try to go back to sleep. Would I know whether it was a chainsaw or a wood chipper? Not initially - I'd have to go look. Both are too darned loud for me to sleep and that that point, that's my main concern.

It could have been any one of a number of loud pieces of machinery (although seriously, I doubt it was just someone revving their car - she makes it sound like machinery).

Plot thickens. Is she a reliable witness? I think so. How could you know what noise she heard or how loud it was - in her scale of loudness?

A chainsaw is an unacceptable night time noise level; as is throwing beer bottles into a trash bin, as is a wood chipper. All would wake me up and make me investigate...but I'd know the beer bottles were breaking glass and call the other two "machinery sounds."

An initial search for Morphew took place on Sunday, May 10, stretching into the early morning hours with personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, along with a canine team from the Department of Corrections. The effort was quickly resumed on the following day with help from the Chaffee County Tactical Team. In total, more than 100 people participated in an unsuccessful search for Morphew. The investigation into the female biker’s disappearance remains ongoing

ETA..Noticed link was not working correctly, it won't hold. Google "out there Colorado 100 plus" The story comes up, dated May 12th early on.

Does anybody know how far the bike was found from the house...just approximate or how far away the the items were found?

I'm going to repost the link below, no guarantees.
100-plus search for missing female biker in Colorado mountain town | OutThere Colorado

Last edited:
That's what the brother claimed, sure. I'd have found him more credible if he would've stated the date(s), time(s) and name(s) of the CBI agent(s) that supposedly told him the information.

As for the 30 hours of interviews w/o a polygraph request: if Barry Morphew is represented by an attorney who arranged the interviews, you can bet that one of the ground rules would be: No mention of polygraphs, either by police or Barry. If police didn't want to accept those ground rules, they could've rejected the interview offers.

And what does the brother gain by lying about this? It makes zero sense.

Also, it's not like he was asked the date/time/names during the interview. I'd personally find it weird if he outright stated that information without being asked.

IIRC, the Morphew property is 7 wooded acres with a river or large creek running between its boundaries and those of the neighbors, who also live on large properties. I'd have to test to be certain, but while I think I could hear a skid steer running on a property that is a couple acres away, I'm not so sure I would hear it if it was the full 7 wooded acres away and there was a running river or stream or creek between.
For what it is worth, we live on 5 very wooded acres and it is surprising what we hear and what we don't. There are 35 densely wooded acres behind us and then a paved road. I rarely hear cars but I do hear motorcycles. Would I hear a Bobcat? IDK. The river or creek might make all the difference.

Would he be able to cover his "cat's" tracks to conceal driving to the far corners of his property without LE following the tracks to see where they lead?

I wonder if his truck's GPS and the Bobcat's are out of sync with each other like maybe the Bobcat's GPS was offline or altered and when LE called him out on the discrepancy, he told them he was repairing the Bobcat? Maybe it is something as simple as him not realizing LE would analyze both and the Bobcat telling one story and the truck telling another and Barry telling yet another. IDK and JMO.

I do too. No drama, solid individual. Talks about Barry's family being wonderful people . The man just wants to find his little sister. How heart breaking is that?
Moo.

Exactly. He did not come across as a man with an axe to grind. The way he walked the PE guys through the sequence of events just seemed so relatable.

Although he had his suspicions, he seems to have chalked them up to Barry being exhausted and devastated. He didn’t want to believe the worst.

This is a man with no incentive to lie, every reason not to lie (damage his credibility and the case), and an account that strikes me as totally believable.

On the other hand, we have a man with every reason to lie, who is prone to exaggeration, and is still pushing this “alien abduction” like mountain lion garbage.

This man is obviously the prime suspect in a homicide investigation.

I’d trust Bernie Madoff with my money, over Barry with his word.

In the end, the polygraph issue will be a minor point anyway. But I enjoy the way it becomes a kind of marker for who is trying to say what, at this delicate point in time.

No doubt everyone has been asked not to say much, some may even have been advised to be silent by a lawyer.

What they end up saying, despite those admonitions is always interesting. In this case, I believe only one of the two speakers can be right/truthful.

Who is correct? And is the other one merely mistaken - or something else?
BBM:

If you look at both of their statements, neither one of them is "mistaken."

Neither of them "misspoke."

One of them flat-out lied through their teeth.

And from where my main man Occam and I are both sitting, only one of them has a motive to lie about the polygraph.

JMO.

Exactly. He did not come across as a man with an axe to grind. The way he walked the PE guys through the sequence of events just seemed so relatable.

Although he had his suspicions, he seems to have chalked them up to Barry being exhausted and devastated. He didn’t want to believe the worst.

This is a man with no incentive to lie, every reason not to lie (damage his credibility and the case), and an account that strikes me as totally believable.

On the other hand, we have a man with every reason to lie, who is prone to exaggeration, and is still pushing this “alien abduction” like mountain lion garbage.

Barry exaggerate?? No way.

His 400 tours statement sometimes makes me wonder how true the 3-30 hour interview thing is.

But it did attract attention. That was, as I understood it, that woman's entire point. She was awakened from a sound sleep, is slow to wake up, and then goes and investigates some really loud noise.

I don't know about you, but my neighbors are closer than the work site was to that neighbor's house and they still can wake me up. I now have a wrist-carried decibel-meter (thank you, Apple Watch!) but I don't need one to tell me a noise is too loud to sleep.

A chainsaw at that distance would certainly wake me up - but I'd try to go back to sleep. Would I know whether it was a chainsaw or a wood chipper? Not initially - I'd have to go look. Both are too darned loud for me to sleep and that that point, that's my main concern.

It could have been any one of a number of loud pieces of machinery (although seriously, I doubt it was just someone revving their car - she makes it sound like machinery).

Plot thickens. Is she a reliable witness? I think so. How could you know what noise she heard or how loud it was - in her scale of loudness?

A chainsaw is an unacceptable night time noise level; as is throwing beer bottles into a trash bin, as is a wood chipper. All would wake me up and make me investigate...but I'd know the beer bottles were breaking glass and call the other two "machinery sounds."

I just wanted to note that the discussion was based on a poster's idea that SM could have been buried on the far reaches of her property. Not the lady who heard heavy equipment at the construction site in Salida. Same question: would someone hear a Bobcat? JMO

ETA further clarification

Last edited:
BBM:

If you look at both of their statements, neither one of them is "mistaken."

Neither of them "misspoke."

One of them flat-out lied through their teeth.

And from where my main man Occam and I are both sitting, only one of them has a motive to lie about the polygraph.

JMO.
And if I might add: one of them for a time trusted what the other told him, despite his own misgivings. MOO

You are 100% correct. One person stays silent for 4 months and he's assumed to be lying. A group of people stays silent for 4 months and they're presumed to be telling the truth. It is indeed a double standard.

That being said, unless and until the Moormans' silence -- and reasons thereof -- are given an exception for discussion, the forum rules prohibit prying into the Moormans' motives for silence.
Doesn't make any sense to me. He was the last known to see her. Seems like you are equating the 2 entities. The last person to see her stays quiet, refuses polygraph, and that equates to the other group (who wasn't there) staying silent? In the juror's seat I'd be unconvinced.

Last edited:
What I find stunning is BM never says or states:

"I didn't kill my wife."
"I didn't disappear my wife."
"I didn't murder Suzanne."

He's had plenty of opportunities. He has told us "There is nothing that I am hiding.".... "Ive answered every question. Every single question." He may have said he answered every question but he never says he says "I told the truth."

IMO, Barry can't hold a candle to Andy.
Total speculation on my part and just sayin'. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela