Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think AM honored LE's request not to speak publically about the details surrounding the investigation for SM, and simply got out of bed three months later and decided to talk without approval from LE? That makes no sense to me.

It’s possible. They may be so fed up and disheartened that they’ve chosen to break ranks to some degree. But my sense is it is more likely they got approval. It’s all part of a strategy to shake things up.

I hope.

Wondering if LE has given the Moorman family the go-ahead to start speaking out, or if AM has decided to speak out on his own?
My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out or not out.

My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out there.

Good point, like keeping your enemy close. They probably wanted to keep that door open because of the daughters and hope of finding Suzanne.

Haylee Barber @BarberHaylee

Spent the weekend in Alexandria, Indiana reporting from Suzanne Morphew’s hometown. Suzanne has been missing since May 10. This weekend, her brother announced a volunteer search effort at the end of September. More at the link. @DatelineNBC
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1238917?__twitter_impression=true

DatelineNBC @DatelineNBC

The brother of missing 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew is organizing an extensive search next month in an effort to find the mother of two who disappeared in Colorado on Mother’s Day. #Dateline
https://twitter.com/datelinenbc/status/1300531305218596864?s=21

My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out or not out.

Moorman said his side of the family had not spoken publicly earlier during search efforts due to a request from investigators.

“I’m past that point now – it’s time to get this out in the media and get some volunteers together and march in Salida, Colorado and find my little sister,” he said. “They haven’t ruled anyone out and they are still searching for Suzanne.”

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado

Well one thing is for sure, BM is going to start getting a lot of phone calls from various news outlets now that this is hitting major networks. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
I think the news of AM's planned search has rattled a few cages.

And perhaps, that was the intent...

Moorman said his side of the family had not spoken publicly earlier during search efforts due to a request from investigators.

“I’m past that point now – it’s time to get this out in the media and get some volunteers together and march in Salida, Colorado and find my little sister,” he said. “They haven’t ruled anyone out and they are still searching for Suzanne.”

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado
He's playing that perfectly, IMO. I mean by not attacking or accusing anyone, he is actually drawing more attention to someone. People reading that will note...."they haven't ruled anyone out".

It's just a very classy, but equally SMART way of getting through this. This way, his message isn't divided, and doesn't offend anyone, except I hope one person is offended and does something he forgets to calculate first.

It’s possible. They may be so fed up and disheartened that they’ve chosen to break ranks to some degree. But my sense is it is more likely they got approval. It’s all part of a strategy to shake things up.

I hope.
Given that they gave an exclusive to PE that coincidentally happened AFTER CBI traveled to Indiana, I'd have to say they had approval. I also think PE has been coordinating this upcoming search, behind the scenes, much earlier than yesterday. MOO

AGREED. Timing is so important in missing persons cases, as well as keeping the case active in peoples minds. People may not realize theyve seen something until a few weeks later when a news story pops up one night. When so much is unknown it benefits LE to keep the word out their and keep SM disappearance fresh in peoples minds

UPDATE: There is now a website to sign up to help search for #SuzanneMorphew in Colorado. The search will be September 24-29. This will be the first time a volunteer search effort has been organized in Chaffee Co. #FindSuzanne #JusticeForSuzanne
LINK: bit.ly/2Dezr7S
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1300542963911733249?s=21
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1300542963911733249?s=21

I'm local to Colorado and just signed up for "hiking". I also mentioned that i would be interested in helping with organizing. I probably won't be able to do all 5 days because of my work schedule, but should be able to join on 2 or 3 days. I will be your boots on the ground the days i am able to join. :)

Remarriage? Circumstances? Presumed Dead? CO?
There's been discussion about circumstances under which BM could marry. One way: be patient, cross fingers for luck, and in 4 yrs and several mos, if remains are not recovered sooner, he can file action to have MisPers declared dead, per CO statute* after absence "for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead."
What kind of evidence could a man like BM offer to the court, to try to show the various required elements-
--- A wife's absence for 5 yrs continuously.
Fast forward to May 15, 2025, when he files and can testify "I have not seen her since May 10, 2020." ..........check.

--- She has not been heard from.
He can testify 'I have not heard from her since May 17, 2020, not in person, no mail, no phone, no texts." ..check.

--- No satisfactory explanation.
..... He can testify "Our marriage was ideal, she had no problems in her life. I haveo idea why she's absent.".....
check.

He can testify re above elements. .......................................................................................................................check.
Suppose no one else testifies. Then RHS, the Real Head Scratcher ...................................................................hmm?
--- Diligent search or inquiry.
He can testify:
I phoned her and left NNN voice mails on [dates].
I searched the house for her, then our prop on [dates].
I talked w LE (N times for N hours?) on [dates].
I gathered N [5?] friends to search for her in [areas], spending N days looking.
I recorded a 28 sec aud-vid on [date] which my nephew posted on FB and he opened a G-F---M- campaign page.
On ^ recording I offered $100,000 reward for her safe return. A friend matched it.
I was interviewed twice by LS, Fox News, ColSpg for N min total on [dates].
And LE - CCSO, CBI, and FBI - participated in searching and investigating.
And my BiLaw organized a search team of N ppl to search for N days in [areas].

^^^^^^ Are above searches and inquiries sufficient for a ct to find them....................................................diligent???
As always I welcome comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

;););) And I asked for O.J. Simpson's help in finding her.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry, Sleuthers, just kidding.:):);)

"(e) An individual whose death is not established under paragraphs (a) to (d) of this subsection (1) or under section 15-10-106.5 who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead." bbm Colorado Revised Statutes Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107 | FindLaw

Last edited:
Maybe she communicated it using her social media profile.

In which case, I do believe LE would have put "bike ride" more up front and center. Especially by now.

Also, that would be an even later communication with the victim than we had heard up until now - making it very odd that LE has never changed its initial focus on May 8-12.

If in fact BM or any family member has clear knowledge of when Suzanne left on a bike ride (and that she did in fact leave on a bike ride), it's really not good that they're keeping this crucial bit of knowledge away from the public - who might be able to help more if they knew when Suzanne had actually gone off on a bike ride.

I think LE has a reason for not confirming said bike ride.

I believe the vigil on Saturday was in Indiana and not Colorado.

Yes - that's why I put the word IF at the beginning. My point was to address the question of "How do we know that Barry Morphew did not organize a vigil in Salida?"

You can't know a negative, but I for one would eat my favorite hat if anyone can demonstrate that Barry Morphew organized a vigil in Salida. I gave my reasoning in the post you responded to.

There is no vigil in Colorado, has not been a vigil in Colorado..but I can't prove it. I just think that if it had occurred, it's the most deeply buried, UN-social media'ed event in any case I've ever followed. So I say it didn't happen.

Oh, I absolutely believe LE asked the families not to speak about the case in terms of questions they may have been asked or the limited information shared with them by LE. IMO, it’s intentional to keep families in the dark. I bet they don’t even know the “personal item” of SM that was found. It’s a balancing act and not all families listen to that advice/recommendation. Do I think LE is upset by a candlelight vigil for SM? Not at all.

Probably not a popular opinion but I don’t think LE is using any of SM family to rattle BM. A lot of this information is new to US but certainly not to LE or BM for that matter. He’s been in their hot seat with questions, he knows. IMO

Now, I do believe the first released interview with SM brother caused BM to react and talk to LS. He’s probably done doing that but I don’t think he said anything that was new to LE. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy