Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I’m having a hard time figuring the antler thing out.

I suppose it could’ve been kept in a freezer, but highly unlikely. Also, when my husband is just wanting to keep the antlers for bleaching or other purposes, he will put them in an ant bed to get rid of any remaining meat particles.

I’m really confused.
Suzanne's brother Andy stated on PE that BM picked up the antlers from a roadkill elk and this is the first time I have heard that the large CAT was seen on the Morphew property, from the interview that BM gave to TD he stated that LE saw a mountain lion in the area the bike was found at. He stated that LE was parked there and the Mt Lion just came walking by LE car. So the fact that it has now been stated the lion came onto the Morphew property by the house. Was the elk head brought onto the property to cover any decomposing smell that may have been in the area.

I just went back and listened and AM says that BM dragged this elk off the road ( so road kill ?) and propped the rack up by the house and there was meat or flesh still around the skull. On May 12 or 13 there was a large male cougar spotted across the driveway close to the house and they think it was attracted to that . He says 2 cop cars were parked in the driveway guarding the house and they saw the cougar. The mountain lion expert said it would be extremely difficult to tell the gender of the cat because you would have to get really really close to it , closer than it would let you. So he seemed baffled about how they knew it was a male.
I missed the part about his finding a carcass, so maybe he took the rack and did "what" with the carcass? In Alaska if you claim to find dead game you can't keep the trophy portion, you have to turn it over to fish and game, otherwise people would be "finding" all numbers of dead big game animals in the off season.

Well Andy is reaching out to TN to see if the funds from the Gimme can be transferred over to be used in the search for Suzanne. Mike & Andy really feel that it will happen. I guess I am a cynic at heart.

I sensed some pressure with underlying sarcasm. I hope the tactic works.

I am traveling with my husband to Salida and will be assisting with SAR. We have booked our Airbnb and we hope to help! We will also keep you all updated and provide photos.

I missed the part about his finding a carcass, so maybe he took the rack and did "what" with the carcass? In Alaska if you claim to find dead game you can't keep the trophy portion, you have to turn it over to fish and game, otherwise people would be "finding" all numbers of dead big game animals in the off season.
Question as a novice, I thought Elk were pretty big generally? Wouldnt this have taken alot of effort to move? What could be the purpose

Suzanne's brother Andy stated on PE that BM picked up the antlers from a roadkill elk and this is the first time I have heard that the large CAT was seen on the Morphew property, from the interview that BM gave to TD he stated that LE saw a mountain lion in the area the bike was found at. He stated that LE was parked there and the Mt Lion just came walking by LE car. So the fact that it has now been stated the lion came onto the Morphew property by the house. Was the elk head brought onto the property to cover any decomposing smell that may have been in the area.
I don't buy road killed elk, but that's just me maybe. I think a male elk will just be growing a new rack in spring ?????

Yes, I think we all got the impression that the lion sighting was on Sunday night at the place where he said the bike was found. BM pointed across the road and said it walked right by one of the cop cars. IMO

An ATV seems most likely. I was initially thinking something even simpler, like a wheel barrow, but that seems too risky and would be odd if seen on the trail.
There was a cat seen, on May 12 or 13th, sniffing at antlers outside the house. Lots of conversation about a cat not risking coming near a home for a scrap of meat if it recently had a kill to feast upon.
Still shocked he picked up roadkill for the rack???
Butchered it where?
Wait, what, when, how?
The bobcat bucket?
Elk are kinda heavy

Question as a novice, I thought Elk were pretty big generally? Wouldnt this have taken alot of effort to move? What could be the purpose
Maybe it was by the road and he just took the rack, BUT I don't think it would have a rack worth taking in May, and it wouldn't be an old kill (with big antlers ) it if still had blood on the skin at the base of the antlers. ( not an expert here, tho). An elk road kill???

Watching the Profiling Evil Choir Practice this evening and Mike and Chris are now speaking with SM's brother, AM and Robin Davis from NCIS who has quite a bit of experience with mountain lions.

AM mentioned that on 5/12 or 5/13, a mountain lion was seen on the Morphew property passing in front of one of the police cars with an officer inside. AM says the lion was attracted to an elk rack (with some flesh still attached) that was propped up against a wall outside the house. The expert is discussing how likely it is that a mountain lion would leave a carcass that is only 3-4 days old at most to go after a bit of flesh attached to antlers.

Here's my question: What the heck is an elk rack with fresh meat attached to it doing on the Morphew property only 2-3 days after SM went missing? Was that so any dogs or wild animals would go to that rather than some other attractant?
Never mind, post removed. My question was answered above.

Maybe it was by the road and he just took the rack, BUT I don't think it would have a rack worth taking in May, and it wouldn't be an old kill (with big antlers ) it if still had blood on the skin at the base of the antlers. ( not an expert here, tho). An elk road kill???
If the elk was hit on the road by another vehicle then it could very well have been a fresh kill, but not a hunted elk.

My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out there.

Not trying to be confrontational but what I heard was that AM and family sold some of their property to a person who then started a CBD farm on that property and I am sure it grown Marajuana as well and since it is legal in Michigan there should be absolutely no judgement on someone selling property or what the new owners do with said property.
Exactly, legal in Colorado and grown all over, CBD legal in all 50 states.
Like comparing Coor’s Brewing hops farm with some judgement

Chris told AM that they (PE) are friends with 2 of the 4 remaining Benghazi survivors and reached out to them. Forgive me, I didn’t look up their names, sounded like Tig and Oz. He said Tig will be doing something on his website to get the word out and Oz who lives in Colorado is trying to get some scent dogs and come. He said they were going to reach out to Military Vets. Then Chris said “ we’re not going to talk about someone who did 400 missions overseas, we’re going to BRING them. “. yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02