Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the owner of a house gives consent for LE to search, LE must get a search warrant to do so. Perhaps they were waiting for a search warrant to be issued, which can take several hours or so. Family would not be allowed to be in the house during a search.
Realize I am far behind on this thread. But let me just throw this hypothetical out there.

Let's say someone left a tip. And that tip caused a citizen to be questioned and or arrested. If law enforcement thought there was a connection between that citizen and SM's house, they now could take his or her fingerprints and compare them to what's inside of the house.

IMO it's smart to have legal representation, though it will make others super suspicious.

IF LE are searching the home it's because they want to determine if what happened to SM occurred inside the home.

It would be awfully strange for a kidnapper to take SM out of her home and want SM to take her bike with her...that type of scenario makes no sense to me. So if SM's bike was found, as we've been told it was, she was either actually out and using her bike -or- the bike left where it was found was an effort to make it look like she was riding that afternoon.
LE may want to check for other things missing as well. Her bike helmet for instance, maybe biking gloves, maybe her phone. Water bottle...etc. Anything to prove she did or did not go out on her bike. JMO

I’m also extremely confused. The NG podcast doesn’t really say how they know this, and who it comes from, and it seems to me to contradict the news we are hearing about the house being cordoned off. Both bits of info seem to point in different directions.

Color me confused, and anxious for some more info soon.

IMO JMO MOO
I agree. It was in the beginning of the podcast, briefly mentioned and NG didn’t ask about the source of the information. Then someone quickly says that the neighbor sees her riding all the time.(paraphrasing). Both of these statements got kind of jumbled together. I’m waiting to hear this information from LE or the neighbor. MOO

I wonder if the Morphews were having any work done in the house, or on the property.
I had a plumber make a pass at me once, fortunately outside.....scared me to death. I spent the next two months in fear of being stalked.
And I already mentioned the creepy handyman.
Ugh.
You never know, Suzanne is extremely attractive, and from what I've gathered, very kind and approachable too.

Good thought. I wonder if BM was traveling regularly? Could someone working in the home or in the neighborhood have noticed a pattern and taken advantage?

I firmly believe it was foul play but I'm not convinced as to who was involved in the criminal actions. Am I all alone on this fence?

I had my feet firmly planted, but have hopped on and off that darn fence about 100 times the past day or so. I am so confused. Anxiously awaiting more news or a press conference.
IMO MOO JMO

Why so long to search the home? I know time is needed to get search warrants but I feel like that was longer than usual with her bike and personal item found so close to the home. Seems as if they needed to get some specific type of evidence (cell or video) and it finally came in or someone is talking and has said something to give them enough to finally get a search warrant for the home. Glad things are finally moving in this case.

It's quite possible that they did an earlier search with the permission of family, but have since gathered evidence that makes them need to go back for a more thorough search, or a more targeted one. If indeed they're searching; according to a post from the Fox station, they've closed it off but aren't actively searching. Waiting for the search warrant?

I firmly believe it was foul play but I'm not convinced as to who was involved in the criminal actions. Am I all alone on this fence?
No,you're not alone. ;)

If this turns out to be a random perp I'll be surprised; as nothing from LE seems to lead in that direction.
No description of clothing, bike, or even a latest photo.
The last photos were of Suzanne on her FB page in 2018.

Well, it seems a lot has been happening since I last checked in! I hope they are close to finding SM.

I listen to NG often, but it’s definitely an acquired taste LOL
I will say... she had information about Maleah Davis’s case well before it was confirmed in MSM or by LE , and there’s others.
However, she does get some facts wrong now and again, but her reporters have a way of connecting with people close to the case and often report well before other news gets the story. MOO of course

Believe me, I find her hard to listen to at times, but she always has some facts that trickle out later. IMO

Now why would her husband lawyer up? Because he's the money to and was advised to? I think he should just be out there looking....

I disagree with the assumption that he should be out there looking. He is not a certified live search dog. He is not a certified high altitude scuba diver. I doubt seriously that he has ever participated in a formal grid search in vertical terrain. In another case that is currently prominent on WS, the first red flag was the stepmother's insistence that everyone including herself needed to be out searching. JMO

I understand seeing your neighbor leave. I don't understand calling the police at 5:45 in the evening. It's not that late and to be honest how did you know you didn't miss them returning? Are you waiting by a window for them? Just odd.
I propose the following scenario.
  • Husband is out of town.
  • Daughters are also out of town.
  • Suzanne is home alone for the weekend.
  • Daughters call to wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day.
  • Suzanne is not answering her phone.
  • Concerned daughters confer with each other, possibly Dad too.
  • Daughter calls the neighbor, asks them to go check on Suzanne.
  • Neighbor comes over, finds something which is concerning (whatever that may be).
  • Neighbor reports back to family and is asked to call 911.
  • Family is out of town 911 on their own cell phones does not ring local.
I'll bet lunch this is going to be what happened when we learn all the facts. The neighbor did not see Suzanne leave.

It's quite possible that they did an earlier search with the permission of family, but have since gathered evidence that makes them need to go back for a more thorough search, or a more targeted one. If indeed they're searching; according to a post from the Fox station, they've closed it off but aren't actively searching. Waiting for the search warrant?
I agree.

Sadly, no. Almost all is for family.
Not directed at you @Tate123, but geez, give me a freakin’ break. The Give Me Fund for someone who lives in a 1.5 million dollar home?? For food and accommodations? If they could afford that and numerous vacations where they obviously would have to pay for food and accommodations I doubt I’d be sending my money. I feel for her girls that this terrible thing has happened to their mother, but it doesn’t look like BM needs other people’s money. If something like that happened to me, hubby could well afford to take care of his needs and that of our family if he were put out of our home and it’s not worth anything near what theirs is. End of rant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat