Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the owner of a house gives consent for LE to search, LE must get a search warrant to do so. Perhaps they were waiting for a search warrant to be issued, which can take several hours or so. Family would not be allowed to be in the house during a search.

Now why would her husband lawyer up? Because he's the money to and was advised to? I think he should just be out there looking....

I'd lawyer up immediately. Moreover, I'd hire a PI too, if only to consult. Just like I hired a Buyer's agent when purchasing a home. I want to ensure my interests are being represented.

I have great respect for LE, but the fact is their goals don't always align with mine. I'm trying to find a loved one. They are too, however they're also trying to provide a DA with a winnable case in the event of criminality.

My daughter was taking a polygraph, when she was trying to get an internship with the FBI. She's a pretty anxious person anyways, but when they said "is your name ........." she replied "yes", and it indicated she wasn't telling the truth.:D
hahaha. They must have ways of calibrating the equipment or at least determining when a subject is just nervous vs actually lying.

This seems like a good time to point out a reminder:

It take a lot of evidence to move forward with an arrest and prosecution in a no body case.

If they can't find SM right away it may take some time before we see charges for whoever is responsible.

But I do believe they are in the process of recovering and processing the evidence they need to move this case forward

MOO

IMO it's smart to have legal representation, though it will make others super suspicious.

IF LE are searching the home it's because they want to determine if what happened to SM occurred inside the home.

It would be awfully strange for a kidnapper to take SM out of her home and want SM to take her bike with her...that type of scenario makes no sense to me. So if SM's bike was found, as we've been told it was, she was either actually out and using her bike -or- the bike left where it was found was an effort to make it look like she was riding that afternoon.

I have to say if my neighbor went on a bike ride and I saw them leave I wouldn't even notice if they came back for a day. There is some reason (MOO) that the report was so quick to be filed. Why be worried so quickly?
I was honestly thinking the same thing and this coming from people like us who are always looking for answers.

IMO it's smart to have legal representation, though it will make others super suspicious.

IF LE are searching the home it's because they want to determine if what happened to SM occurred inside the home.

It would be awfully strange for a kidnapper to take SM out of her home and want SM to take her bike with her...that type of scenario makes no sense to me. So if SM's bike was found, as we've been told it was, she was either actually out and using her bike -or- the bike left where it was found was an effort to make it look like she was riding that afternoon.
Didn't the neighbor say she saw her leave on her bike that day?

Some good information in this article regarding why FBI was called in on this case so early.

Although Corsentino says the FBI's involvement does bring out some clues.
"The sheriff of Chaffee County would say that he has information that is pertinent to something beyond Chaffee County and they want the FBI to search outside Chaffee County," he said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

Apologies if this has already been posted.

BBM This is very interesting. This could mean another county in Colorado or even something related all of the way back to Indiana. MOO

Totally agree! I’m not convinced that the neighbor saw her leave on that particular day. I want to hear it directly from the neighbor or LE.

I’m also extremely confused. The NG podcast doesn’t really say how they know this, and who it comes from, and it seems to me to contradict the news we are hearing about the house being cordoned off. Both bits of info seem to point in different directions.

Color me confused, and anxious for some more info soon.

IMO JMO MOO

I'd lawyer up immediately. Moreover, I'd hire a PI too, if only to consult. Just like I hired a Buyer's agent when purchasing a home. I want to ensure my interests are being represented.

I have great respect for LE, but the fact is their goals don't always align with mine. I'm trying to find a loved one. They are too, however they're also trying to provide a DA with a winnable case in the event of criminality.

I would also lawyer up ... while simultaneously cooperating with LE 100%. But yes, I would have an atty beside me while doing it.

I wonder if the Morphews were having any work done in the house, or on the property.
I had a plumber make a pass at me once, fortunately outside.....scared me to death. I spent the next two months in fear of being stalked.
And I already mentioned the creepy handyman.
Ugh.
You never know, Suzanne is extremely attractive, and from what I've gathered, very kind and approachable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties