Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't look like their house. I don't recall seeing a reservoir near their house at all.
How did they even manage to get anywhere near the house at all? It was reportedly blocked off since Wednesday. Were they hiding out in the woods?

I'm not sure I trust the DM as an accurate source. I hope LE makes a statement soon and clarifies some things. In the picture of LE carrying evidence bags "into" the house, you can't see the home at all.

Imo

That doesn't look like their house. I don't recall seeing a reservoir near their house at all.

From the Daily Mail article-

The search comes just two days after police divers drafted in from neighboring Pueblo County were seen scouring a reservoir less than a mile from Suzanne's property.

House in marked (H) and reservoir is marked (R).

Fooses Dam is also near the house, but the wall and shallow depth in the DM image seems to suggest the unnamed dam east of the house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.54.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.54.32 AM.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.03.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.03.28 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.02.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.02.40 PM.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I think it's sloppy writing. They're quoting what the friend said regarding the daughters.

"DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother’s Day as they made their way back from a camping trip in Idaho.
Friends said they asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

Ritter declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’"
lavender bolding mine

Aw, crapola.
What some have speculated about the bike ride not happening may be true.
So where and from whom did the bicycle ride story come from ?
Or was it assumed by the neighbor ?

I get what you're saying.
Here in Ontario we're playing by the rules and essentially self-isolating, only going out for groceries and meds when needed, about once a week or less. It's been like this for us since March 13.

But... the "guidelines" for self-isolating are a little more relaxed in other places, and let's be honest, tons of people are not following the guidelines anyway.

jmo

I can second that. In our corner of the universe it is the minority that have stayed locked up. People are out and about, and have been.

I have seen several references that mention that her father is a restaurant owner. The restaurant is a root beer stand that is open seasonally, in a small Indiana town.

I read he's the former owner. It looks like a really cool place kind of like the places in the 50s and 60s where the waitresses were on rollerskates and they attached a tray to your window.

Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

Don't know about "we" but I've seen a variety of comments on social media, including comparisons to prior tragic cases. Such comments are verboten on WS.
Oh okay thanks! I’ve hopped on SM a few times reading as many comments as possible but hadn’t seen anything. I haven’t checked in a few days. I’m sure everything will come out in the MSM soon enough. MOO

So we still have no idea when anybody even seen or spoke to her last? For all we know it was days before she was even reported missing.
I went from being convinced this was an abduction to thinking this is cloe
Well that latest article confirms my original suspicions. I don't think it will be too long until there is an arrest. JMO
I was convinced this was an abduction.... not so convinced anymore.

I read he's the former owner. It looks like a really cool place kind of like the places in the 50s and 60s where the waitresses were on rollerskates and they attached a tray to your window.
We actually have quite a few of those types of places in small Indiana towns. Minus the roller skates.

Last edited:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.
BBM I agree and wonder why they moved there as well. Who wanted to move there? MOO

So we still have no idea when anybody even seen or spoke to her last? For all we know it was days before she was even reported missing.
Frustrating being part of "the public," isn't it? The public is the last to know the details, and in many cases the details aren't disclosed until there's a trial. Being a case follower requires a lot of patience, I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie