Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a hard time rationalizing all of this:

- SM has 2 daughters.
-How old are the daughters? One apparently is in college and the other is younger.
-Given their age, and especially COVID, wouldn’t both daughters be living at home at this time?
-In one of the articles posted today, it says the girls went on a trip.
-Where did two young girls go when we are in the middle of a pandemic lockdown and it’s Mother’s Day weekend
-If they did go on a trip, who paid for it?

So strange. I can’t imagine going on a trip right now, let alone if I was 15-20 years old and it was Mother’s Day weekend and I lived with and dearly loved my mom. So odd.

I’m not trying to vilify the daughters, I just can’t logically figure out how/why these circumstances played out.

What we know- Thought I would work on a timeline

5/10-911 call 5:46pm - neighbor called, SM reportedly went on bike ride and did not return - Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
___ $100,000 reward put up by BM
___ TN (nephew of BM?) setups Find Suzanne FB page and crowd funding site to support their own searches ?
___ Reward for safe return of SM doubled by friend to $200k - note just safe return, not for information
Road closed by Sheriff - searches held - media left out
___ Personal Item believed to be SM's found - Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
___ SM's CO home searched and evidence is removed - Dailymail

Sheriff has not confirmed the bike was found. Sheriff has confirmed a 911 call (but not by who) was made and a personal item believed to be SM's has been found.
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
I will work on individual links - feel free to jump in -
How about BM's car and phone in LE possession, as stated by daily mail?

the bike is outside? an expensive bike like that? - hmm - unless neighbor has key to garage. possibly i guess.
JMO
ETA: trying to find an explanation that shows why the neighbor knew the bike was in fact gone.
Key in hidden location and knew where to look? Window into garage? Garage doesn't lock and can be opened?

ETA Garage door still open as if someone took out the bike and would be returning shortly?? I don't close my garage doors when I ride my bike. Mine is not attached to our house however. But any door into the house could still be alarmed.

In the article it says that friends asked the female neighbor to check in on Suzanne.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

I think it's sloppy writing. They're quoting what the friend said regarding the daughters.

"DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother’s Day as they made their way back from a camping trip in Idaho.
Friends said they asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

Ritter declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’"

I think it's sloppy writing. They're quoting what the friend said regarding the daughters.

"DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother’s Day as they made their way back from a camping trip in Idaho.
Friends said they asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

Ritter declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’"

Thank you for saying this, it definitely is confusing when they write like this.

Rather curious that a British paper scooped this over the local media. I'm not usually a big fan of the DM but I have to hand it to them this time.

i know they are a gossip rag, but believe it or not, they are pretty good at breaking stories and give lots of details and photos, if you can overlook their spelling mistakes and terrible grammar. i love DM. lol.

Last edited:
Maybe SM told either her girls or husband or friends that she was planning to go on a bike ride on Sunday - like if they were texting or talking on the phone on Saturday. "What are your plans for tomorrow, for Mother's Day?" "Well, BM and the girls are all away, so I thought I'd take out my bike and go for a ride." MOO. Or maybe she always went for a bike ride on Sundays if the weather was nice enough. If someone told me of plans like that, I'd assume, on Sunday, that that's what they had done.

Finally the Daily Mail showed up, they must be taking some time off from stalking Prince Harry and Meagan. Moo.

Yep. And managed to shoehorn the value of the house into the headline in order to provide that crucial context to their readers.

I guess this means they got their search warrant. Argh.

the bike is outside? an expensive bike like that? - hmm - unless neighbor has key to garage. possibly i guess.
JMO

I want to know if the neighbor had keys to or entered the house.
Suzanne could of been injured or deceased inside that huge house.

Even if neighbor had a key , went inside, no Suzanne...
I want to know who initially suggested she could be out on a bike ride?
The daughters could of innocently told neighbor where the bike would be on the property ,if not in use.
Neighbor didn’t even have to look in the house.
It just feels orchestrated.

MOO

Oh carp!! Daily Mail scooped it!! Here we go ... Neighbor is identified in this article.

Friends said they asked neighbor JR, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was JR who later called the police to report her missing.

JR declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’

Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

28619348-8340119-image-m-56_1589980519662.jpg
Just like some of us thought, nobody actually saw her on the bike that day. The picture is getting much clearer. MOO

not likely, IMO. This is common practice in
real estate transfers.
If you put ALL the pieces together there seems to be clues that we know where this is headed
and it ain't pretty.
FBI has had plenty of time to put the digital forensics onto the case and are probably uncovering some mistruths on those.
NG says husband has lawyered up. Not good.
I’m thinking a Chris Watts type motive but if so, I’m kind of surprised we haven’t heard/seen any comments anywhere on SM. MOO

I’m having a hard time rationalizing all of this:

- SM has 2 daughters.
-How old are the daughters? One apparently is in college and the other is younger.
-Given their age, and especially COVID, wouldn’t both daughters be living at home at this time?
-In one of the articles posted today, it says the girls went on a trip.
-Where did two young girls go when we are in the middle of a pandemic lockdown and it’s Mother’s Day weekend
-If they did go on a trip, who paid for it?

So strange. I can’t imagine going on a trip right now, let alone if I was 15-20 years old and it was Mother’s Day weekend and I lived with and dearly loved my mom. So odd.

I’m not trying to vilify the daughters, I just can’t logically figure out how/why these circumstances played out.

I get what you're saying.
Here in Ontario we're playing by the rules and essentially self-isolating, only going out for groceries and meds when needed, about once a week or less. It's been like this for us since March 13.

But... the "guidelines" for self-isolating are a little more relaxed in other places, and let's be honest, tons of people are not following the guidelines anyway.

jmo

I was about to post the exact same thing-

Only a few logical possibilities, no accusation here:

Neighbors observed the bike ride and observed her not coming home when expected.

Neighbors were told about the bike ride by a third party who called them concerned she could not be located.

Neighbors assumed the bike ride after they were told about her being missing by a third party and then went to check on her.

Given that LE is searching the family home and not the neighbors home you can surmise some of the info LE has that we don't.

Good thoughts. I had just posted that question right as the DM article broke. So it seems that #2 and #3 are very possible and may fit if the DM report is accurate. I can't imagine a scenario where a 70 YO female neighbor would somehow be involved, so if there is no confirmation that a bike ride actually happened (or at least not on 5/10), that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Just like some of us thought, nobody actually saw her on the bike that day. The picture is getting much clearer. MOO

I’m thinking a Chris Watts type motive but if so, I’m kind of surprised we haven’t heard/seen any comments anywhere on SM. MOO

Don't know about "we" but I've seen a variety of comments on social media, including comparisons to prior tragic cases. Such comments are verboten on WS.

Key in hidden location and knew where to look? Window into garage? Garage doesn't lock and can be opened?

ETA Garage door still open as if someone took out the bike and would be returning shortly?? I don't close my garage doors when I ride my bike. Mine is not attached to our house however. But any door into the house could still be alarmed.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/?mmlb=g,1
you guessed it - garage doors do not have windows but the side does - so they would have to have enough light to look in the garage and not see a bike. interesting...
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member