Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I can't tell from that how close to the lake the highway goes. It's hidden by trees. It looks like it's right up against the edge of the water?
As someone else pointed out (BBM):
Not local but have been looking at the Google map of the site.

Foose's Lake is about 0.5 mile as the crow flies from Highway 50. Maybe 2/3 mile drive.

There are several small dams across the Southern Arkansas River in that area that have small ponds behind them and could look as if they were close to the Highway, one of which is about 1.2 miles west the house, the other of which is about 1.6 miles east of the house, just next to Monarch Spur RV Resort & campground.

If anything happened to her near Fooses Lake during daytime on Mother's Day, wouldn't there likely be other people around fishing, etc.?

While that is actually true, it's also true that many times what was reported via a 911 call or a missing person report, is 100% untrue.
I'm not saying the neighbor lied, because I believe the neighbor that called 911 told dispatch what they were told, that she went on a bike ride and didn't return.
It's buried now in updated pages but many of the earliest MSM articles said they neighbor who called 911 was told, or it was reported to them, that she had not returned from her bike ride. (Discussed in the first thread)
Now some of those articles even say things like "was last seen" or that the neighbor saw her.

- We don't know who contacted the neighbor and told them this
- We don't know if SM actually did go on a bike ride
- There is zero evidence that has been made public anyway, that she was ever seen, by anyone, on a bike ride.
- LE won't even confirm they found her bike & they've never even described it to the public.

So yeah. A giant load of nothing confirmed except, Suzanne is missing.
And the timeline has now appeared to include Friday and/or Saturday, as well as Mother's Day.

From the Sheriff's Office first FB post, dated May 11 2020, 8:15 pm:

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Thanks, yeah, it's hard to tell exactly how close things are from Googlemaps. I'm wondering about Fooses Lake in particular. The map makes it look like the highway is right beside the water and I'm wondering whether if somebody driveng fast hit a bicyclist right there, would the person be flipped into the water?

Not into Foose's Lake, but there are several small ponds, beaver dams, and very small manmade dams along the South Arkansas River that are downhill from Highway 50 and someone could possibly tumble from the highway into one of them.

As someone else pointed out (BBM):

If anything happened to her near Fooses Lake during daytime on Mother's Day, wouldn't there likely be other people around fishing, etc.?

My guess is that there would certainly be people there on a mild sunny Mother's Day, especially with small kids on bikes. It looks like a lovely little lake for kids to bicycle around without getting in the way of mountain bikers

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Obviously they don't think they need the public's help. I can assure you that they would alert the public if they had specific information that they need to continue investigating.

They have said there is a very active Investigation apart from the searches that are occuring

If this turns out to be a stranger abduction/murder then I think LE may be deserving of heavy criticism

But until that point I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and assume they know what they are doing.

The fact that they are essentially keeping quite more than likely means that they have a good idea what's happened to SM and who is likely involved

I'm expecting some big news fairly soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously they don't think they need the public's help. I can assure you that they would alert the public if they had specific information that they need to continue investigating.

They have said there is a very active Investigation apart from the searches that are occuring

If this turns out to be a stranger abduction/murder then I think LE may be deserving of heavy criticism

But until that point I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and assume they know what they are doing.

The fact that they are essentially keeping quite more than likely means that they have a good idea what's happened to SM and who is likely involved

I'm expecting some big news fairly soon
totally agree. just a matter of time for the noose to tighten. LE knows.

I will say, since my husband is in fact a wildland firefighter, he has definitely missed holidays, birthdays, etc.. because of his job. It does happen, but we have NO confirmation that the husband was out of town due to a job.

I remember vividly the pressers that the family and boyfriend held for Mollie Tibbits. They to begged and pleaded for her safe return because I think they could not comprehend the alternative.
However, each and every time, they had FULL support of LE and the FBI. It’s so strange because I’m not seeing this for Suzanne MOO

Now, they are asking for video footage and yet, we still have NO description as to what she was even wearing. Something is not right with this situation! JMO
YES, to the bolded portion above.

And the boyfriend and his brother were being accused and criticised by the public and in social media. But LE publicly cleared them, IIRC< and we have not heard anyone being 'cleared' by LE in this case so far.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
May 15 at 6:46 AM ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020

While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.

On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

More than fifty searchers and investigators will comb the area in an effort to seek additional items or other clues that may identify the whereabouts of Ms. Morphew.

Unfortunately, this search will cause a temporary closure U.S. Highway 50, Monarch Pass for an undetermined amount of time.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and its partners will work to ensure the roads are opened as quickly as possible as to reduce the impact on drivers and those living in the area.

Note: The media will not be granted access to the site due to the location and nature of the search; however, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze plans to brief the media at the conclusion of the search, most likely Friday afternoon. Briefing details and location will be released as soon as they are available.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

BBM- Is the area where the personal item was found near the home, or is Sheriff Spezze describing it as found near Monarch Pass?

I think it was closer to their home bc he said “just” west of the intersection. I think they had to close the highway all the way across Monarch Pass in order to properly reroute traffic.

Oh, me too! All those windows with lights on at night! Very scary to me.......wondering if someone is standing out there watching me? :eek:

I’ve been on WS since 2012 and it has opened my eyes to some very evil people in this world.

We live on 5 acres in a house that’s primarily windows. There’s even a big window above our bathroom sinks. It definitely took some getting used to when we moved in 12 years ago but given the statistical improbability of criminal activity in our neighborhood, it’s totally worth it to us because of the views and the wildlife. I understand we might be in the minority here.

Believe it was Nancy grace, looking for link

ETA link Authorities find 'personal item' belonging to missing Colorado mother of two
She states in this video item found about 2000 ft from home

Thanks for the fox news link with Nancy Grace.

It seems Nancy only made this statement re. "2000 feet" on the fox news channel because it's not reported on Crimeonline or her podcast. I'm using discretion here knowing that no other MSM is reporting this.

MOO

ETA: To clarify, I've been reading the 2000 ft measurements leading to things already debunked including the "tree," creek, etc. and believe NG's reference point was probably not known to be false when she spoke. MOO

Last edited:
DBM

Last edited:
WS is acting up and not allowing me to quote, but regarding which hand Suzanne wore her wedding ring: some phone’s selfie mode automatically flips the image. I just tested it with my Samsung. It appears I’m wearing my wedding ring on my right hand when in fact it’s on my left.

What is a reverse 911 call?
Why did CCSO put one out?
Who gets them??
It’s a way to get alerts about fire evacuations/weather emergencies, etc.
If you have a land line, you get them automatically. If you want them sent to a mobile number you must register your number.
IMO in this case, one reason they used it is because so many of the homes are 2nd homes with owners who maybe are not there right now. Even if investigators have gone door to door, this would be the quickest way to get the message out to preserve their surveillance/game cameras. I think time is of the essence because some cameras only back up the past 7 days.
Here is CCSD in 2018 urging residents to register for reverse 911 during fire season:
Reminder to register your cell phone with Everbridge to receive emergency notifications - Chaffee County Sheriff
In any situation where it is imperative to notify numerous people in a timely manner the Chaffee County Communications Center will always first utilize our Everbridge system by way of a reverse 911 call. This will always be our primary source of notification. We will always utilize other sources of information, ie local radio, social media and our web page however Everbridge is our first and primary source of notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member