Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then it would be someone who thought they would be caught if the crime was discovered at the home (as opposed to elsewhere) and took the risk to move the body....

I don't have the answer, my potential scenario was to explain why & how the neighbor called 911. I think it is plausible that something happened to Suzanne in her home, the bike riding story & bike are a red herring. Look over there, not here.

Might be way off base, but it sounds like we may be getting close to some answers.

Today's press release from the Sheriff. No mention of cordoning off the property as was reported by FOX31.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 19, 2020

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew.

Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020.

On Tuesday, May 19, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office asks the public to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
May 19, press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Possibly... but in the scenario given something is amiss at the home and everyone in the family is away. Why would something be amiss at the home and the bike abandoned somewhere else in that scenario? That's what I don't understand. JMO.

Okay, I wasn't reading that point quite that literally, that it was only something wrong at the house. I was taking it to mean generally that the neighbor found something wrong. But if it is just something at the house, then you're right.

If the neighbor 100% saw SM leave for a bike ride Sunday, as was Stated on the NG podcast, why so many statements that LE is unsure of the last reported sighting of SM? Why would LE be unsure of when she was last seen, if neighbor saw her first-hand On Sunday? I’ve gotten some pretty accurate info from NG in the past. However, she has been pretty far off on others, or a bit sensationalistic with her interpretations of things that didn’t end up being completely true. It’s a grab bag at times.

I don’t agree with the argument that anyone, no matter how innocent, should lawyer up to protect themselves. In some cases, yes. I don’t see the need in this case unless you have something to hide. In my mind, investigate me all you want, I’m clean.

I have been involved in a missing persons case, as a family member, and never lawyered up. Nobody did, except the person responsible for the missing person’s disappearance. I had nothing to hide.

<Modsnip>

IMO JMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the Morphews were having any work done in the house, or on the property.
I had a plumber make a pass at me once, fortunately outside.....scared me to death. I spent the next two months in fear of being stalked.
And I already mentioned the creepy handyman.
Ugh.
You never know, Suzanne is extremely attractive, and from what I've gathered, very kind and approachable too.
This is one of my theories as well and purely speculation as we have so little to go with. If someone was doing work outside the house maybe the worker had their eye on her for days or weeks. She might not even fear workers around the house if they were doing home improvements, especially if this was a common occurrence and they were trying to get their fairly new home the way they wanted it.

She may have caught someone’s eye and they waited around outside the house for her until they found the opportunity for her to be home alone. They may have lingered outside and when she left the safety of her home on that bike ride maybe the person stopped her to “talk about the project” or ask a question and that would be when she placed the bike up by the tree. Soon after abduction occurs and she drops personal item along the way. Jmo as a possible scenario. I hope we hear more soon.

So there are obviously no news crews in a helicopter or on the ground filming what's happening. I'm used to more coverage.
Helicopter news coverage is out of the question. The house sits above the normal safe hover ceiling for all but high performance helicopters. It is 2 hr 43 minutes auto drive from Denver, or 2 hrs 16 minutes drive from Colorado Springs. There are NO accommodations open until at least May 28th, and anyone coming into the state until the 28th will be required to self-quarantine for fifteen days. IMO

Helicopter news coverage is out of the question. The house sits above the normal safe hover ceiling for all but high performance helicopters. It is 2 hr 43 minutes auto drive from Denver, or 2 hrs 16 minutes drive from Colorado Springs. There are NO accommodations open until at least May 28th, and anyone coming into the state until the 28th will be required to self-quarantine for fifteen days. IMO
Yes. Some media did drive up for the ground search and press conference but obviously not close enough to report on spur of the moment things, which is understandable but a bit frustrating for those trying to follow it.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/can-you-still-travel-to-colorado-amid-covid-19-restrictions/

“Colorado’s “safer-at-home order” strongly recommends staying home unless traveling for essential needs (such as grocery shopping, take-out, banking, getting gas, taking care of a family member or pet, and doctor visits). This order also discourages anyone from traveling more than 10 miles from their home, with Polis previously mentioning that June restrictions may resemble those of May. That being said, some campgrounds have reopened, with other natural spots soon to follow.

Regardless of easing restrictions, many of the state’s mountain towns are still asking visitors to refrain from visiting.”

Really?? Wow!

A question about how people use Facebook.

So many people collect friends on FB. Why would someone like Suzanne, with the numerous family, friends and contacts the Morphew family has, have no ‘friends’ on her profile?

Why would someone use it solely to post photos of herself, husband and girls on vacation?

Thanks - I’m not a FB user, just an interested observer.
Do you mean pictures with extended family and friends?

MOO - speculation follows

...wondering if the distance between the house and the discovery location of the bike is considered 'walking distance'. Was the bike left at the discovery location by SM or by someone else? Was the other object discovered near the bike and described as a "personal item" belonging to SM purposely left near the bike or was it dropped by SM during a struggle?

Was SM alone in the house previous to her bike ride?

Did anyone search the area for SM before 911 was contacted?

What might cause LE to believe the bike was left at the discovery location by someone other than SM (not saying this is the case, just wondering what clues or evidence might suggest such an event)?

Did SM typically bike alone, with a cycling partner or in a group?

Are SM's house/vehicle keys missing, found near her bike or found in the house?

Was SM biking on a hiking trail or on streets?

Cell phone? Not found, found near the bike or found in the house?

Has LE obtained warrants for cell phone records, cell tower/GPS data?

MOO - speculation only

I believe the families are staying in separate housing close...rentals or friends. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member