Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this article:

Posted: Mon 7:32 PM, May 18, 2020 |
Updated: Tue 7:34 PM, May 19, 2020
On Wednesday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation stated Morphew's house was being "held," simply meaning no one was being allowed in or out as the missing persons case continued.

Do they mean last Wednesday 5/13 ? ?
Yeah, I wondered what they meant too, yes it was May 13th, AmberJo reported it that day.

The Sheriff’s Office has blocked off the road at Hwy 50 and County Road 225. According to online records, Suzanne Morphew may have a house down this road. There looks to be a few houses down the road that I can see through the trees.
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

Snipped for brevity. BBM
Wow! Very interesting comment by the Uncle. It looks like the Sheriff has a suspect in mind. MOO
Could the uncle have meant all those who are jumping to conclusions on the Find Suzanne FB page, and elsewhere in comments under media reports? And "tell that to the Sheriff" was said in anger, frustration as in " let those rumors be known to the Sheriff Dept" type of thing?

Reading your post, the first thing that came to mind was PF and KK :confused:

My mind went to Mark Sievers and Curtis Wayne Wright.

I don't have the answer, my potential scenario was to explain why & how the neighbor called 911. I think it is plausible that something happened to Suzanne in her home, the bike riding story & bike are a red herring. Look over there, not here.

Might be way off base, but it sounds like we may be getting close to some answers.

Misdirection. Like a HUGE reward? IMO

Maysville has a population of 135.

LE received over 150 tips pretty quickly in this case. That's an awful lot of tips.

It looks like their lot is heavily wooded and their home is secluded back in the woods. I'm not sure if the home is even visible from the main road.

I doubt many of the tips received had anything to do with sightings of her that afternoon.

IMO, the majority of the tips related to something people knew...

Complete speculation, IMO, JMO

Yes. I think tips were about who SM is, and what was going on in her life. Might be why we haven’t heard much publicly. And those tips generated quality info at the beginning of the case. IMO

Yup if the neighbor knew when they saw SM depart for a bike ride, I would have absolutely expected LE to know that information on day one and to have shared that with the public almost immediately.

JMO

I wonder if they kept it quiet so alibis could not conform to publicized info. IMO

When I first read the BBM, I thought how pretentious and disrespectful of LE's efforts. What kind of momentum is he talking about? Are they close to breaking the case, finding Suzanne, or critical evidence? It's like they are competing with LE in this investigation. I think the gimme fund is also giving me heartburn and influencing my opinion.

But it this were my sister or daughter, I'd move heaven and earth to find her by any means possible. So I'm going to zip it and have some grace for TN.
Glad you brought that out.

I would like to add that it does sound like "others" think differently than TN. Maybe even asked them to consider slowing down or even stopping their independent searches. "We are not even considering slowing down right now because some of the momentum that we think we have,"

This is my own opinion--- but it sounds like law enforcement ask them to consider not doing their independence searches, and law enforcement doesnt feel TN has the momentum they think they do.

We don't know if they stopped working.

But wouldn't it be a big fat coincidence if they did?

I mean... we've seen it before in other cases.
So much so, it's become sort of a predictable plot line in movies and tv.
Like the mysterious non-working phone used to be, because the line was cut outside.
And yet, those inclined to commit a crime, still do it.

All entirely speculation, just to be clear.

jmo

Just at the halfway point of the podcast but I wanted to say this:

What her and her guests are doing, are bringing up pretty much all the rumors many of us have seen on SM, and bringing them up in a way that identifies they are in fact rumors, and they're not confirming any of them. Also speculating on when and how this all happened, almost exactly the way we're doing here. She's handling it professionally, but accurately.

Did NG or Nicole Partin specifically state the neighbor’s sighting was a rumor? I’m too lazy to go back and listen to the podcast. The neighbor-sighting discussion starts around minute 5:30.

Sorry, I'm horrible at cutting and pasting. What did Uncle mean when he said, "He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, I think they can bury that kind of thought ." Bob went onto say, "tell that to the Chaffee county Sheriff".

Ok. Wha?!!!

Sometimes, family, friends and well meaning people should just shut the heck up!
Uncle Bob is upset and an older gentleman, we should give him a pass ;)

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

BBM

I see in the article that it says Bob Morphew made this statement, "tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff" regarding BM being innocent but I didn't hear him say it in the actual interview. Did I miss something?

ETA article link:

“Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return
Woah. I’m in Colorado Springs and watched it on TV and NO, they did not play that part on air. It ended with him saying “tell them to bury that thought. “

Could the uncle have meant all those who are jumping to conclusions on the Find Suzanne FB page, and elsewhere in comments under media reports? And "tell that to the Sheriff" was said in anger, frustration as in " let those rumors be known to the Sheriff Dept" type of thing?
That isn’t the way I interpreted it, MOO

Well, since NG is an approved source, I guess we can discuss the locked brakes rumor now.

I have no idea how the breaks lock on a bike so I'd like to hear from those who do know this stuff?

ETA: I'm just under half-way through NG podcast and I'll say this:

What her and her guests are doing, are bringing up pretty much all the rumors many of us have seen on SM, and bringing them up in a way that identifies they are in fact rumors, and they're not confirming any of them. Also speculating on when and how this all happened, almost exactly the way we're doing here.

Someone responded upthread in detail, hopefully they'll explain again.

But a couple of the reasons that person listed had to do with a bike not being used recently (IIRC). Sudden slow down has caused brakes to jam - but it's a curiosity to me how the person could not release the brakes via brake release or caliper cables. Hopefully the 2-3 bicyclists who've been so gracious to explain will explain again.

They were pretty much shut down, though, by people complaining that this was not yet MSM. As is the custom.

Sorry, I'm horrible at cutting and pasting. What did Uncle mean when he said, "He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, I think they can bury that kind of thought ." Bob went onto say, "tell that to the Chaffee county Sheriff".

Ok. Wha?!!!

Sometimes, family, friends and well meaning people should just shut the heck up!

I could be wrong but I suspect that was his way of saying "they can just forget about that" as in, it's unrealistic and/or improbable in his mind that his family member could have anything to do with this.
100% a normal reaction from family from what I've seen.

Last edited:
"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying. Bob Morphew said he believes his nephew, Barry had absolutely nothing to do with Suzanne’s disappearance.

“She is one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person. Bob lives in Indiana, feels helpless and wants his family to have answers as to what happened to Suzanne.

“I love those kids and what I want is for them to be back together,” Bob Morphew added.

A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” Bob Morphew said.

The Morphew’s say they desperately want Suzanne to safely return home.

“We’re all terrified about this and no place to find any rest,” Bob added. “Like I said, everybody loves Suzanne and Barry and we know what they are going through and it’s hard on our hearts too because we don’t know.”

More at link “Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return
Thank you giving!

Does it sound like LE is possibly pointing a finger at BM?

"Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

:0(

Ok. Wha?!!!

Um, yeah. I'm sure this sheriff has been around this block before. These well meaning people need to realize they are not helping themselves.

Did NG or Nicole Partin specifically state the neighbor’s sighting was a rumor? I’m too lazy to go back and listen to the podcast. The neighbor-sighting discussion starts around minute 5:30.

From my notes:

NG’s guest tonight Nicole Partin says, at 6:08 into the podcast that the neighbor SEES SM and knows she’s headed out on a bike ride – when she doesn’t return the neighbor gets concerned

7:05 NG asks ‘how does the neighbor know, at six o’clock that SM is not where she’s supposed to be – maybe they were supposed to have dinner together?’ The guest responds that the neighbor stated it was getting dark, getting late, and that she knew that SM should have been back by then. (and that she didn’t see her – and that’s hard to hear since NG is talking over her) She gives no indication as to how she knew SM should have been back by the 5:46pm phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it