Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's interesting and horrifying... seems like there would be a trace if it was done around the property? I recall discussions in Jennifers case since Fotis had a background of tanning - chemicals are used there to and her body has never been found.
JMO

Yes, extremely horrifying but probable if they had an incinerator on their property. I understand this isn’t an uncommon unit to own for burning brush, twigs, garbage, etc., for folks living in rural areas so I wonder if they owned one. I factor in BM’s knowledge of landscaping, hunting and firefighter skills and it makes this type of scenario likely IMO.

Unless BM has some kind of winch on the back of his flatbed truck, even someone with those guns couldn't lift a 500-700 pound animal onto a truck bed.

AM's turn of phrase may mean that BM found a dead elk and transported the head with antlers attached perhaps with a load of dirt to cover them if he found it before April 30th.

I don't like to think of BM as a master criminal because I don't think he's that smart but a cunning mind could definitely introduce blood and matter from an animal carcass in the hope it might cover up cadaverine from the prior transport of a dead human body.
I don't even think the "road kill" came from near his house. It could have been a story to cover an illegal, extra, (or legal) elk harvest with just the rack taken, over there in his favorite hunting area. Don't know about Colorado, but some states have laws that just the antlers can't be taken, some major portion of the meat must be carried out, too. Of a legally hunted animal.

Last edited:
I find I dubious, at best, there would be enough leftover flesh on the antlers to attract a cougar. Even more dubious that the cougar would make itself visible with a bunch of people standing around. The cougar would choose nighttime to investigate if interested. Anyway, food is plentiful that time of year for a cougar, it's not going to gnaw on elk antlers lying next to a house in my opinion.

yes, and some banks let you use a PDF of the Letters of Guardianship and don't even require a certified copy from the Court. So the transfers may have already started IMO - as well as signing any contracts, deeds, etc. Also, of note, there is no Order requiring a court repository of her funds. No locked account, etc. so no oversight of her assets which are now effectively her guardians'...
sigh...
JMO
But its ONLY for the assets within Indiana, so if her accounts are set up in Colorado he still couldnt touch them. and he will have to fill report updates with the court at designated intervals so at least theres some over sight. trying to see the bright side of a outcome :/

I find I dubious, at best, there would be enough leftover flesh on the antlers to attract a cougar. Even more dubious that the cougar would make itself visible with a bunch of people standing around. The cougar would choose nighttime to investigate if interested. Anyway, food is plentiful that time of year for a cougar, it's not going to gnaw on elk antlers lying next to a house in my opinion.
All of what you say makes so much sense, and checks with what the experts said on PE. The inexplicable part is that this sighting appears to be coming from LE who actually did see the animal. All the rest, flesh on the antlers, road kills, all that came from Barry. IMO.

IIRC what was stated in MSM was that BM was not allowed inside his home once he returned from Denver. I can only assume, if sometime around the 12th or 13th he came upon this road kill and decided to take it to the house and lean it up there the way it's being described, surely there were local CCSO folks (or someone, anyone?) there that saw him and said "sure, go ahead and lean this dead thing up next to the house, just don't go inside!" Right?
MOO, it's seems really odd that he would even be remotely preoccupied with that, given the circumstances.

But its ONLY for the assets within Indiana, so if her accounts are set up in Colorado he still couldnt touch them. and he will have to fill report updates with the court at designated intervals so at least theres some over sight. trying to see the bright side of a ****** outcome :/
Since he was granted in Indiana all he needs to do now is provide the Colorado courts a copy of the order and in most cases it will be granted from State to State.

I think that is entirely possible - I've thought from the beginning there was a clean up inside the home.
JMO
From what I understand, only pups in training would show interest in a dead animal -- trained cadaver dogs would jump right over the animal carcass and keep on the human trail. Of course there might be an exception here or there.

I'd love it if PE would invite some cadaver dog trainers on to explain exactly how they work. We could send in questions before the interview so they could prepare answers to our most common questions.

Ok thanks @swedeheart. That’s what I get for not finishing reading backwards before I post. I still didn’t quite understand until you explained it further. Yes it is heartbreaking and infuriating that the person who probably caused Suzanne to become incapacitated in the first place now has complete control of her assets. BM is probably very happy with the decision this morning and thinking he is getting away with this. Hoping the Court will revoke those letters if BM is arrested! But what damage will he do in the meantime? MOO

you're welcome! i actually posted the wrong post from @oviedo, as this one is even more clearly stated for us folks whose eyes glaze over at any law-speak lol. thank you @oviedo for your explanation! here's the one i meant to post, and i'll just bring it forward again, for others who missed it, as i know the thread is moving rapidly. :)

"The court accepted his Oath of Guardianship and issued permanent Letters of Guardianship to him - he now has the power to "be" her - sign deeds, empty bank accounts, etc. unless the Letters contained specific powers. Which we won't know. They may even be accepted in CO so he can mortgage or sell the marital home depending on what he asked for in the petition for guardianship. Maybe @leighEg can get a copy from the court?"
JMO

But its ONLY for the assets within Indiana, so if her accounts are set up in Colorado he still couldnt touch them. and he will have to fill report updates with the court at designated intervals so at least theres some over sight. trying to see the bright side of a ****** outcome :/
2017 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 15 - Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries :: Colorado Probate Code :: Article 14.5 - Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act
I think it will extend to CO....
JMO

Some of the thoughts I have:

-Yes, could be something to lure a cougar(s) to be seen on or near the property.
-The carcass and what was done with it is also interesting. Was it left on the side of the road? Was it brought home, processed and then spread throughout the property to really make sure cougars would be in the area?
-Was it brought home so that a lot of elk blood would Be in the back of BM’s truck giving him an excuse to wash the truck or to make it hard for LE to obtain samples of
Possible human blood?
-Does BM as a hunter, have a burn pit on his property to dispose of any unused animal parts? If so, had it been used recently?
-Does the story pivot to BM searching for shedded antlers and this any sightings or scent of him in certain areas can be explained?

What an absolutely crazy case.
A crazy case indeed. And if they dig up that buried elk carcass, they need to dig for a few feet UNDER it, too. :(

and wouldn't a carcass with flesh still attached attract maggots and flies? why would you leave that sitting near your house? (are the types of flies/maggots that would be found on an animal carcass the same as the type that would be found on a human carcass? i would assume so, but i don't know, with certainty, these types of details). moo.

I mean you actually have to leave it out for a while--that's how it gets prepared. You let the maggots and flies do their work. Some hunters don't go this route anymore, but many do. That part isn't unusual.

hmmm true. but when you add the elk rack "coincidence" to the labelled bag with food in it that tyson found, then that's 2 awfully strange "coincidences." why in the world is there so much tasty lion food sitting around BM's yard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia