Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to affirm that leaving antlers up against a house is not unusual for hunters in Alabama. In fact, it's pretty common during deer season.

Not saying that it was usual for BM to leave antlers against a house or in the yard but just saying that many hunters do it, especially those whose identity is very rooted in being outdoorsman.

The question for me is whether BM had ever done this before--whether it was normal behavior for him?

From what I understand, only pups in training would show interest in a dead animal -- trained cadaver dogs would jump right over the animal carcass and keep on the human trail. Of course there might be an exception here or there.

I'd love it if PE would invite some cadaver dog trainers on to explain exactly how they work. We could send in questions before the interview so they could prepare answers to our most common questions.

I just hope this new search employs cadaver dogs, especially near the various bodies of water and within a few miles of the Morphew home. I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to raise money for the cadaver dogs.

Hopefully, they'll organize such a search near the Fire Camp.

Maybe he was preoccupied with it long before Mother's Day Weekend.

JMO

It's quite possible that his preoccupation began the day that she found out her cancer had returned. Perhaps she could sense that he was not as disappointed and alarmed as she was. Perhaps his mind was elsewhere, making plans. Moo

It's quite possible that his preoccupation began the day that she found out her cancer had returned. Perhaps she could sense that he was not as disappointed and alarmed as she was. Perhaps his mind was elsewhere, making plans. Moo
Perhaps he was hoping she would not survive a second cancer diagnosis and when she beat it a second time he decided he needed to make other arrangements.

I find I dubious, at best, there would be enough leftover flesh on the antlers to attract a cougar. Even more dubious that the cougar would make itself visible with a bunch of people standing around. The cougar would choose nighttime to investigate if interested. Anyway, food is plentiful that time of year for a cougar, it's not going to gnaw on elk antlers lying next to a house in my opinion.

Well, a young male cougar is quite curious and while he might not gnaw on such a pitiful offering, if there was rotting elk flesh attached to it (still a mystery how that happened), then yep, he might walk by to inspect.

Why anyone would leave rotting animal flesh right up next to their house is the real mystery. To me, it seems like the elk parts ended up there after Suzanne went missing. Or, perhaps, the Morphews were in the habit of trying to lure cougars to their home? It would seem that it has to be BM.

Was he trying to shoot a cougar? Why ignore such a basic safety precept as to put dead animal right outside one's home?

It almost sounds as if someone hacked the antlers off the elk. And the timeframe for larger antlers on male elk is all off.

09/01/2020
Order Granting Petition to Establish Guardianship
Judge CASATI,MICHAEL
Order Signed:
09/01/2020
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

ETA:
09/01/2020
Notice Issued to Parties
Oath of permanent guardian required before issuing letters of permanent guardianship. ss
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane

So . . . all BM has to do is swear the oath and he can do what he wants with any of their property. Or her property. What the everloving . . . :eek:

Just a thought LE has said they do not believe a animal attack was the cause of Suzanne missing, I know PE had a show on it last night but can we move on to a more probable cause of her missing? Just a thought.

I think we're alarmed that someone who may have a working knowledge of cats may have used that knowledge to manipulate wild animals for his own very dark purposes.

JMO

But its ONLY for the assets within Indiana, so if her accounts are set up in Colorado he still couldnt touch them. and he will have to fill report updates with the court at designated intervals so at least theres some over sight. trying to see the bright side of a ****** outcome :/

It was the only outcome that I could see occurring, given that nobody opposed Barry's petition. Posters here on WS seem not to like the decision, though -- given the uncontroverted evidence that would've been in front of Judge Casati showing Barry's fitness as guardian -- it was legally the correct one.

Ughhhh wow they gave him control over everything,I hope soon the LE find enough to charge him. Just the hell ive never heard of a innocent man going to court this fast after wife is missing to get control over everything. I really feel for SM family just wow

• Andy said a few words - his focus was on his desire to "bring his little sister home" and to "get closure for him and his family quickly". He talked in glowing terms about PE, how supportive they have been to him, and how they are helping him organize a large search for Suzanne in Colorado starting on September 23rd. He said he hopes to get 1000 volunteers.

SBM
IMO This is notable because LE has discouraged and impeded private searchers in the past. I wonder if they'll do so again or if this search will actually occur.

Edit: Or maybe this is a scam to entice someone to move the body and no actual search is planned. That would explain why its not planned for three weeks.
Further edit: Credit to @girlhasnoname for coming up with the scam idea.

Last edited:
Something's been jawing on my brain.

BM told TD that a 200-mile radius and all the mountains had been searched but then he added something

Paraphrasing....

...of course things can get missed....

What things? Why would he say that? New things recently added? Why would he diminish his own efforts? Unless he believes there's more to be found...

He tells TD to search. Not for his wife. Not for a mountain lion. Not for random people popping up suspiciously close to the bike scene. But to look for evidence. Take pictures, don't touch.

Hmmmmm

What did he expect TD to find?

JMO

It was the only outcome that I could see occurring, given that nobody opposed Barry's petition. Posters here on WS seem not to like the decision, though -- given the uncontroverted evidence that would've been in front of Judge Casati showing Barry's fitness as guardian -- it was legally the correct one.
If I understand the statues right it seems like he has to update the courts with the financial situation on a scheduled basis so I wouldnt think BM would be able to do anything too outlandish. Do you have any experience with indiana courts in this area?

I just hope this new search employs cadaver dogs, especially near the various bodies of water and within a few miles of the Morphew home. I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to raise money for the cadaver dogs.

Hopefully, they'll organize such a search near the Fire Camp.

I feel like one of the MSM articles early mentioned that LE had used "two kinds of dogs" to search the area in the weeks following Suzanne's disappearance. What kinds of dogs exist for searches apart from:

1. Arson dogs
2. Cadaver dogs
3. Drug dogs

And how do they overlap (if at all?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics