Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost an entire thread behind! Work, helping my kiddos fail w/virtual school, family, etc.

I will catch up, but wanted to thank all of you who have been keeping up for Suzanne, her daughters, Andy and the rest of her family! Andy said how much everyone loved Suzanne. I hope he’s popped his head in here to see that WS will keep her light burning brightly!

In regards to AM's statement on Lauren's news story last night, he stated that LE asked him where all of BM's coolers were. Did LE see BM entering/exiting the hotel with some coolers (or have him on some video somewhere with coolers in his truck) and that is why they asked about coolers? My other thought is- couldn't the girls maybe have taken any coolers on their camping trip? Just pondering what the missing coolers could mean or not mean? MOO Forgive me if this was already discussed as I missed much of last night's discussion.
I also wonder if they have video of BM with a cooler somewhere. Girls could have had a cooler with them, but if so it would have returned with them so I doubt AM would still be talking about it.

"Barry checked in to the hotel on May 9 - one day before Suzanne was reported missing by the couple's two adult daughters, M and M. He left the Holiday Inn the following day to head home to Maysville to speak with police and join in the search for Suzanne after she failed to return home." Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

Since the previous article stated they (the hotel) turned over surveillance footage (to the police) from the 9th, I tend to believe this part of the junky reporting is actually true.
Personally, I think they screwed up. Barry claimed to have left Suzanne on Sunday Morning, and we know that he was aware the hotel had cameras. He also would have left a financial trail, via the credit card he used.

It would be an easily disproven lie.

So I think the Daily Mail screwed up the day, then when they asked the hotel when they turned over footage, the hotel said “for that weekend.” Then Daily Mail Mail may have mentioned the 9th, in order to incorrectly clarify the days Barry was there.

It’s of course possible they got it right, and Barry lied because he just didn’t care, but I’m not a fan of that.

He's a good fit with a particular personality disorder characterized by narcissism, fragile ego, sociopathy and I think we can add psychopathy here.
In my past and recent life I was involved with sadistic rapists, murderers, serious serial offenders, and pedophiles (both those who did or didn't murder their victims). In my personal life, my narcissism-detecting antennae play a huge role in who I choose to be friends with. One of my close girlfriends is married to a raging narcissist. She is too in love with him to see it. I can hardly bear to be in the same room as him, but I love my friend and she comes first, so I tolerate him without making any issue of it.
I want to be there for my girlfriend when everything falls apart, and it will- spectacularly.

Those of us standing on the periphery often see the bigger picture and the warning signs, which I suspect is what happened with Suzanne and her family. She loved BM and was likely blind to his more worrying traits, perhaps until very recently when things started to unravel.
It's impossible to reconcile how someone seemingly so devoted to her family, beloved by many others, and with a caring and thoughtful approach towards all could meet with such a vile end.
But be assured, BM will have already justified in his own mind the need for him to silence his wife forever. He may never admit it to anyone in confidence (we'll not hear why because that justification doesn't exist in the real world) but it's already there in his mind. He's defiant, and I find that particularly alarming, for reasons I don't want to get into here.
If what we are seeing in public is typical of his behavior in private then I am concerned about what he might be capable of. It's not uncommon for narcissists who have committed heinous crimes to take their own lives rather than face a lifetime in jail. I've known this happen after all their avenues (e.g. appeals) have been exhausted. They prefer to take their secrets to the grave, rather than give grieving family and friends any kind of explanation or genuine show of remorse. It's their final act of selfishness and is intended as such.
MOO
We need a LOVE option. Thank you, @Dr.StClements .

Personally, I think they screwed up. Barry claimed to have left Suzanne on Sunday Morning, and we know that he was aware the hotel had cameras. He also would have left a financial trail, via the credit card he used.

So I think the Daily Mail screwed up the day, then when they asked the hotel when they turned over footage, the hotel said “for that weekend.” Then Daily Mail Mail may have mentioned the 9th, in order to incorrectly clarify the days Barry was there.

It’s of course possible they got it right, and Barry lied because he just didn’t care, but I’m not a fan of that.

I’m waiting for something from Lauren or PE on the check in date. The DM also said that Lauren’s article was on Friday. It was Thursday here, Friday in the UK.

I agree with this.

"Barry checked in to the hotel on May 9 - one day before Suzanne was reported missing by the couple's two adult daughters, M and M. He left the Holiday Inn the following day to head home to Maysville to speak with police and join in the search for Suzanne after she failed to return home." Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew denies wrongdoing inside cheap hotel | Daily Mail Online

Since the previous article stated they (the hotel) turned over surveillance footage (to the police) from the 9th, I tend to believe this part of the junky reporting is actually true.

Respectfully, we do not know the type of surveillance system used by the hotel. It's possible the camera is set up on a regional clock. (HIE is a national chain).

It would not be unusual to give authorities May 9 footage if LE requested footage for Sunday, May 10 (i.e., begins at 12:00AM and runs to 11:59 PM).

I don't know what time BM checked into HIE but I doubt it was before Saturday 11:30 PM when noise was heard at the searched build site located in Salida.

ETA: Depends on what time BM was last seen in town (Salida) Saturday since this is a good 6 hour 5-6 hour RT. He allegedly saw JP on Saturday afternoon.

MOO

Last edited:
I do think it was her texting, as I don’t think Barry could fake a convo that was not only with a close friend of Suzanne’s, but also had to do with a specific event (a wedding).

So for me, the abrupt stoppage of the text exchange at 2:30 EST (according to PE), is a solid indicator of when something bad happened.

I believe she was murdered Saturday, and then BM got to work (cleaning, getting JP for an alibi, staging the bike, dumping the body, and checking in to the hotel).

That took time.
May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.
Suzanne Moorman Morphew

I C&P the above from the PE storymap for Suzanne's case.

What do you think about the "social media communications" which occurred later?

Respectfully, we do not know the type of surveillance system used by the hotel. It's possible the camera is set up on a regional clock. (HIE is a national chain).

It would not be unusual to give authorities May 9 footage if LE requested footage for Sunday, May 10 (i.e., begins at 12:00AM and runs to 11:59 PM).

I don't know what time BM checked into HIE but I doubt it was before Saturday 11:30 PM when noise was heard at the searched build site located in Salida.

MOO
MOO
I think he checked in after he placed her somewhere safe - (in a cooler?) drove to the hotel cleaned up - then left again - did whatever he was doing with the equipment, and came back and cleaned up a second time.
JMO

At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.
Suzanne Moorman Morphew

I wish they would take that down, as Chris later clarified that communication stopped at 12:30 pm local time.

I’m dying to know about those social media communications, and on what platform they occurred.

My guess is Facebook messenger, as perhaps she received messages that Barry was concerned would cause trouble (people would become worried) if “Suzanne” didn’t respond.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Don't forget Chris subsequent clarification the communication ended at 2:30 PM EDT (12:30 PM - MDT).

I wish they would take that down, as Chris later clarified that communication stopped at 12:30 pm local time.

I’m dying to know about those social media communications, and on what platform they occurred.

My guess is Facebook messenger, as perhaps she received messages that Barry was concerned would cause trouble (people would become worried) if “Suzanne” didn’t respond.
I actually messaged them and asked if they would correct that yesterday, anyhoo. The bigger part of this nugget is the communications that supposedly came from Suzanne sometime after she quit communicating with the friend. What did BM put out there?

There's another office base of RTD in CO Springs, not that it means anything. Just thought I'd throw that in there. :)

Actually, RTD means Regional Transportation District and it probably extends state wide. I think RTD-Denver is the regional center. (If I remember correctly, you can take public transport from DIA to Vail)!

The Regional Transportation District, more commonly referred to as RTD, is the regional agency operating public transit services in eight out of the twelve counties in the Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area in Colorado. It operates over a 2,342-square-mile area, serving 3.08 million people. Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice