Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the motion sensors say when Barry left the house or just when someone who was there at the time left? His defense, it wasn't me.

I think we'd have to know more about his security system.
We don't know if at one time the M's had a paid monitoring system that collected a lot of data from a home system, my guess is they no longer had this or the 'system' or parts of it would be working.
We don't know if the 'system' was simply turned to OFF at the control box inside the home (usually in a closet) and is like turning off a circuit breaker.

Did BM turned off the system in advance?

I'm sure LE has looked into if and when their
home system was monitored by an outside firm.
Or it could be something as innocuous as a rodent chewed some wires and disabled the system. If they weren't being monitored the system would just shut o.ff

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the motion sensors say when Barry left the house or just when someone who was there at the time left? His defense, it wasn't me.

I think we'd have to know more about his security system.
We don't know if at one time the M's had a paid monitoring system that collected a lot of data from a home system, my guess is they no longer had this or the 'system' or parts of it would be working.

We don't know if the 'system' was simply turned to OFF at the control box inside the home (usually in a closet) and is like turning off a circuit breaker.

Did BM turn off the system in advance?

I'm sure LE has looked into if and when their
home system was monitored by an outside firm.

Or it could be something as innocuous as a rodent chewed some wires and disabled the system. If they weren't being monitored the system would just shut off.
A customized system in a large custom home is a bit more sophisticated than an
inexpensive system tied to the current popular companies. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say, how I hate this, hearing it from BM!!!!!!
I think, the communication after 2:30pm in SM's name especially included an odd reason, why "I'm not reachable for some time because of ...". If Suzanne never did this before and the reason would have been mysterious and incomprehensible for family/friends, the alarm bells began ringing quietly. But BM needed tiiiiiiiiime and didn't need calls by family/friends, asking, why SM wasn't responding to their communication. MOO

it'll also be interesting to see what was happening on barry's phone that saturday afternoon vs. his normal everyday phone use. was it quiet? was it more active than usual? and who did he speak to after suzanne's messaging went quiet?

even when i have my ring doorbell set to "off" (in the app), the chime still rings if there is any motion detected. however, i am super new to using it, and maybe there is a way to disable it so that it would not detect any movement.

(eta: i don't know what happened here with this post so i deleted the quote, but i was answering @enelram.)

If your timeline is correct and the cameras are Ring, then Barry was taking a huge chance. Yes, one can delete Ring video, but Amazon's (Ring's parent company) servers log that deletion, at a minimum, or maybe even keep the "deleted" video for a period afterward, per Ring's Law Enforcement Guidelines. I'm not as familiar with Google's Nest, but it's guidelines may be similar.

If, however, the video is recorded onto an in-home DVR system, the video can indeed be deleted, but investigators may be able to recover said video.

Surprisingly, there are a few security service companies located in or near Salida and it seems to me that if your custom-built $1.5M home features an upgraded home office and theater grade indoor/outdoor sound system that your alarm and surveillance system would be integrated with your wired home features. I'm just not getting the Amazon/Ring system for this residence and would be surprised if the home did not have a professionally installed security system -- probably along the line of Vivint smart home.

Salida
Knight Security Services - Knight Security Services
Salida

Surprisingly, there are a few security service companies located in or near Salida and it seems to me that if your custom-built $1.5M home features an upgraded home office and theater grade indoor/outdoor sound system that your alarm and surveillance system would be integrated with your wired home features. I'm just not getting the Amazon/Ring system for this residence and would be surprised if the home did not have a professionally installed security system -- probably along the line of Vivint smart home.

Salida
Knight Security Services - Knight Security Services
Salida

with a house that size, and being so isolated, i would imagine they have a much bigger system than a ring cam, too. moo.

it'll also be interesting to see what was happening on barry's phone that saturday afternoon vs. his normal everyday phone use. was it quiet? was it more active than usual? and who did he speak to after suzanne's messaging went quiet?

Agreed. I think it will be interesting to learn if there are any witnesses that saw or met with Barry Saturday afternoon after 12:30pm and can confirm that SM was not with him. Or even just video from a gas station of him filling up his truck and no one else being with him.

Agreed. I think it will be interesting to learn if there are any witnesses that saw or met with Barry Saturday afternoon after 12:30pm and can confirm that SM was not with him. Or even just video from a gas station of him filling up his truck and no one else being with him.

I believe JP said he met with BM Saturday afternoon in Salida. But yes indeed, his cell data from Saturday morning onward has already been seen by investigators (his phone and truck were taken very early on), and I can only imagine it's full of very curious little red flags.

I find our Ring doorbell is very glitchy. It will show someone walking and then stall and show them many feet away.

I even had a grasshopper set it off and showed its face like it was trying to look in.

One night it looked like a ghost cat walking down the sidewalk but it must have been a large moth because it suddenly lifted into the air.

Mine is certainly not 100% reliable.

Can we talk about the wedding? I don’t want to screw up. I don’t think that Suzanne had any plans on going to Indiana, but she could certainly log into FB to watch a wedding live.

I find our Ring doorbell is very glitchy. It will show someone walking and then stall and show them many feet away.

I even had a grasshopper set it off and showed its face like it was trying to look in.

One night it looked like a ghost cat walking down the sidewalk but it must have been a large moth because it suddenly lifted into the air.

Mine is certainly not 100% reliable.

We had the same glitch with our Ring. Lagging and stalling. DH purchased a device online and now we are able to plug our Ring in directly to an electrical outlet and it is much more effective and capturing images.

Can't say, how I hate this, hearing it from BM!!!!!!
I think, the communication after 2:30pm in SM's name especially included an odd reason, why "I'm not reachable for some time because of ...". If Suzanne never did this before and the reason would have been mysterious and incomprehensible for family/friends, the alarm bells began ringing quietly. But BM needed tiiiiiiiiime and didn't need calls by family/friends, asking, why SM wasn't responding to their communication. MOO

Yup, i so agree with you @FromGermany . The "Listen,..." feels like nails on a chalkboard... like Germany losing against Mexico in the 2018 Wordcup... Everytime i hear it, i want to jump out of my skin (haven't suceeded yet)...

Kind of wish we could invite a verified felon into the discussion. I really want to get in the mind of some of these people to understand the thinking. Some seem to have that Oh Ship moment and the cover up begins. But it looks so haphazard. For instance, they know their phones will geolocate them, so they take steps to leave it here or there or turn it off, but then they use the very same phone to communicate with mistresses, rodeo queens, Greeks benefactors. We see it repeatedly -- careful phone magic and then the request for trash bags and cleaning supplies. Does it make sense to them at the time? Is it just scrambled logic (illogic) brought on by a flood of panic and adrenalin?

Is there just no awareness of the NORMAL PATTERNS of behavior, both the victim's and the victimizer's, that can't be erased? Who they talk to, how they talk to them, when, how often....

It'll all be so very clear when we read the AAs....

But just how do murderers ever think they'll get away with it?

Ego?

Imagine getting tripped up by facebook! If he did, in fact, access her facebook from his phone (he must have damaged her phone), what did he do once there, that was off?

I wonder how quickly that friend was in contact with LE...

It is good, good marriage or bad, to have a close friend who knows you well.

JMO

Last edited:
Interesting rebuttal with a dash of an attempt to discredit a potential material witness. Clever, isn't he?
Missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew responds to bombshell claims about hotel room the weekend his wife disappeared

The tools.

They're somewhere.

If he has them, he lied about leaving them there.

If he bleached them, did he decide they were still to risky to keep?

Are we going to hear next, from him, a felon stole them? Did he pitch them?

As I see it, he either has a shiny set of old tools or he's busy replacing them.

Question is, did he INTEND to call his worker later that night and instruct them to fold up shop, forge ahead, figure it out? "Listen, we're not going to the job (that never was IMO) so come on home." Remember, LE took his phone early --

JMO

Kind of wish we could invite a verified felon into the discussion. I really want to get in the mind of some of these people to understand the thinking. Some seem to have that Oh Ship moment and the cover up begins. But it looks so haphazard. For instance, they know their phones will geolocate them, so they take steps to leave it here or there or turn it off, but then they use the very same phone to communicate with mistresses, rodeo queens, Greeks benefactors. We see it repeatedly -- careful phone magic and then the request for trash bags and cleaning supplies. Does it make sense to them at the time? Is it just scrambled logic (illogic) brought on by a flood of panic and adrenalin?

Is there just no awareness of the NORMAL PATTERNS of behavior, both the victim's and the victimizer's, that can't be erased? Who they talk to, how they talk to them, when, how often....

It'll all be so very clear when we read the AAs....

But just how do murderers ever think they'll get away with it?

Ego?

Imagine getting tripped up by facebook! If he did, in fact, access her facebook from his phone (he must have damaged her phone), what did he do once there, that was off?

I wonder how quickly that friend was in contact with LE...

It is good, good marriage or bad, to have a close friend who knows you well.

JMO

Terrific questions!!

For us, law abiding citizens, this is hard to relate to but I also wonder if many of these
perps didn't do small crimes or transgressions their whole life. Like always pushing the edge.
Like long term liars, long term cheaters, a gazillion speeding tickets.
When reading about perps, many many do believe they're too smart to get caught.
To me this just shows they're not that smart
to start with.
Experienced LE have heard it all. Not much out there will shock them or surprise them.
There's only so many ways to disappear someone and with today's electronics a perp
is doomed.
Sometimes the perp gets lucky and a dearth of evidence helps him out even when LE knows
what he did.
moo

All I'm stating is the lie is worse that the issue of finances. People tend to survive being broke but lies make for tension and hate in a relationship.
You must be slow in reading but smart to pull up this older comment. All moo. o_O
BBM I agree. This applies to financially well-off couples as well. My brother and his wife (now ex-wife) were very successful. He discovered she had been hiding separate credit cards for years with the bills being sent to her sisters house. He never got over the betrayal and they ended up divorcing shortly after. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220