Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he probably would want to use fb on her phone so that it pinged ... but it would be very interesting to know when the phone stopped pinging altogether... If it was a computer then LE probably has it and can see the history of what was looked at. Do we know if LE took computers away?
I’m sure they seized all electronic items in that home. That would be standard in a case like this.

Phones ping when they are first turned on, and when they are shut down (obviously they do it in between as well). That last ping is going to be her phone being shut off.

I have not heard about a letter written to the church. Can you fill me in? Pretty please.......
Or maybe he was just snooping around and looking at her messages.
Maybe her thought he could manipulate her FB page and make it look like she was friends with maybe an old flame back in Indiana, that would be in line with him saying maybe she was taken by someone who knew her, or that maybe he could claim she ran off with another guy.

1,000 BAMS to AM!!!!!!!

my most important takeaways-

A DIVORCE was about to happen-
=SM wanted a DIVORCE

=Barry has engaged an atty not only for himself but for the daughters.
Why would you control your daughters giving testimoney to help find their mother?????

her last phone ping was at home
her cell phone not found

landline at home got disconnected right after they moved in (2018)

Texas Equisearch may be coming to search

BM's stories are not lining up

Thanks Andy- Please keep talking!!!!!
-

Sorry, I have to take away at least 1 "bam".
AM does not know for a fact there was talk of a divorce. His actual statement:

at 53:10

"yeah i've gotten second-hand information
about that
i'm afraid maybe there was a divorce
about to happen
and i'm not so sure my sister didn't
threaten or say that she wanted one"

So, we need to be careful about stating a pending divorce was fact.

May have been addressed here, I'm desperately trying to keep up today, aren’t we all! Andy said “He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.”

I know Andy isn’t a lawyer and he has probably been bought up to speed on what Barry has done legally, certainly not all the details as of yet. That said, under ‘guardianship’ the rules are different right? Barry could claim he needs money for anything, say it was for tuition, anything really, as to a reason he needs to sell. We all know Suzanne wouldn’t deny her daughters education. (implying it would be in her best interest also)

BBM

I have a large trust/inheritance - and this is how it works in Texas and I've always assumed everywhere else: As long as that money is kept separate from the marital estate, then it 100% is mine in the case of divorce. As soon as I remove it from the trust account, even it is to buy something that only I would have access to or use (like a fancy piece of jewelry), then it becomes part of the marital estate and would be subject to split in the case of divorce.

So in SM's case, unless there was some sort of paperwork drawn up stating otherwise - literally gave BM 50% of that inheritance when she agreed to put it toward the new house. If she died without a will, then she gave him 100% of it.

Agreed or was badgered.

Left for Denver on Friday? No cell phone still found for Suzanne? Suzanne may have asked for a divorce? He moved to a condo in Pueblo? Suzanne was left over a half a million dollars that SM invested in the Maysville property? Brow beaten over an anti-depressant? An attorney for both BM and the daughters... Oh boy, the fire is heating up.
It sounded to me like Suzanne was browbeaten over her "breakdown" and the depression itself. AM said BM gave her a hard time about it almost every single day. He said it happened after her mother had died and he doesn't understand the "stigma" that is attached to depression. BM must have given him the impression that he saw it as some sort of weakness or something to be ashamed of.

Imagine how Suzanne must have felt. The one person you need the most won't even try to understand a common disorder many woman go through. Instead he makes her feel guilty for taking medication? No wonder she was depressed.

IMO

It must be unbearable being under the microscope every minute of every day knowing people are talking about you and watching your every move.

It must be, I agree. Particularly for his daughters.
The absence of certain things that you would expect an innocent person to do says so much more imo, I feel he deserves scrutiny - where are his public appeals for this beautiful, kind and good person who he has been married to for 26 yrs? Where are the endless searches led by him - the hours and days spent from sun up till sundown? Why is there such inconsistency in what he says about where he was/what he was doing? Why Pueblo? Would the daughter not be in school nearer to the Maysville home? Is this condo somewhere new to move to following the disappearance of Suzanne or was it happening prior to the disappearance - I have so many questions! My words are running away with me. Sorry.

I have not heard about a letter written to the church. Can you fill me in? Pretty please.......

"CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance. The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered. “Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part."
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

After discussion with another mod, an exception has been made in THIS case only, and you are welcome to post the YT link.

PLEASE NOTE: the exception is being made for THIS video interview of AM, only. Thank you.

Thank you for the exception. <modsnip> It contains a lot of helpful facts from Andy Moorman as well as from John Schmitz, who was involved in the 2017 job altercation with Barry. It’s not the most organized video, but I’m glad the time was taken to review the video and allow it on WS.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, I don’t think so. Right now, I believe he wanted LE to know he was at that hotel room. I don’t think there was any murder cleanup there.
Agreed. That hotel was part of his alibi, and he needed law enforcement to see that he was there. I’d love to see the surveillance video though, as I think it might show an agitated man.

It must be, I agree. Particularly for his daughters.
The absence of certain things that you would expect an innocent person to do says so much more imo, I feel he deserves scrutiny - where are his public appeals for this beautiful, kind and good person who he has been married to for 26 yrs? Where are the endless searches led by him - the hours and days spent from sun up till sundown? Why is there such inconsistency in what he says about where he was/what he was doing? Why Pueblo? Would the daughter not be in school nearer to the Maysville home? Is this condo somewhere new to move to following the disappearance of Suzanne or was it happening prior to the disappearance - I have so many questions! My words are running away with me. Sorry.
Moving the high school daughter to Pueblo right now makes me very upset. This is a terrible time for her to be uprooted from friends and sports and school. I hope AM is wrong about that, but he specifically said Pueblo.

I agree that Poncha Springs is more likely; high schoolers attend Salida HS. I think Andy is absorbing a tremendous amount of information and some of the things are like a game of telephone. As with many of the “facts” of the case, I’m taking them with a grain of salt. Regardless-we know which way the wind is blowing here.

I wonder if he meant she was "liking" posts on FB? It doesn't make sense to me either that she would suddenly start sending out friend requests at midnight. Or that BM would, rather.
Listening to AM refer to the individuals 'friended/liked/tagged' (whatever the term) as being his classmates-- which I took to mean older than SM, it's almost as if the impersonator was taunting AM.

One thing that makes me nervous is that AM asked LE if there was any evidence of a struggle in the house and they said, “no.” This is exactly why this morning I started worrying that they don’t have physical evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia