Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well the house was the last place she was seen so its probable there may be valuable evidence there, but theres not concrete proof where she was taken from be it the house or off the bike path, for all we know she could have gone on a walk and disappeared so from a legal standpoint it doesnt meet the probable cause standard

I would think everything is open in a missing person case...I would hope my attorney or family member would fight to include.

Andy says that he’s trying to get the EVI (electronic vehicle information) from the CBI and sheriff’s department in relation to Barry’s truck. This would give them the best hope of finding Suzanne, so I hope they’re successful. I’m less than optimistic though, but stranger things have happened.

"@lamlawindy i was just curious, from what youve read so far, in your professional opinion do you think LE has enough probable cause to get search warrants for the family vehicles? and if not what could help do it?"

with all due respect, that doesn't make sense. How are they (police) not able to get probable cause on vehicles where a person has gone missing? "they" were able to get two search warrants on the house...not the cars?
I'm pretty sure his truck was taken as evidence early on. The other cars were apparently at the home during that weekend and there is probably no evidence that BM used them. Imo

“Put your seatbelts on, it’s coming...” Chris on PE now. Lauren’s story is going to be huge.

It seems like a part of her story is going to involve Barry’s alibi (seeing Suzanne in bed at 5am) being blown to smithereens.

I would think everything is open in a missing person case...I would hope my attorney or family member would fight to include.
I double checked my criminal procedure notes because i cant remember the exact standard for PC and Found:

Probable Cause: The measure of justification that applies to full-scale intrusions—searches, seizures, and arrests.

Its the quantity of facts and circumstances within the police officers knowledge that would warrant a reasonable person to conclude that the individual in question has committed a crime (in the case of an arrest) or that specific items related to criminal activity will be found at the particular place (in the case of a search).
An adequate showing of probable cause requires specific and concrete facts, not merely conclusory speculations.

On a scale of probability, probable cause is something more than just hunch or suspicion, but considerably less than proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hopefully that helps,

“Put your seatbelts on, it’s coming...” Chris on PE now. Lauren’s story is going to be huge.

It seems like a part of her story is going to involve Barry’s alibi (seeing Suzanne in bed at 5am) being blown to smithereens.

Yeah, I think we're going to find out who the REAL BM really is.
And it's going to disgust us all.

jmo

I'm still not getting it...someone goes missing and two search warrants are served on the house....why would the cars not be included? obviously cars have transported many bodies...they searched the f'n bike...why not the cars?

BM...you were appropiately initialed

The special guest is... about the cult that Mike raided years ago. Amber Dawn Lee (she was one of the children saved)

Amber Dawn Lee, and 10 children by Arvin Shreeve

Amber Dawn Lee (b. 1971) is one of at least 10 children who were sexually abused by Arvin Shreeve, the leader of a polygamist new religious movement called the Zion Society.

I'm still not getting it...someone goes missing and two search warrants are served on the house....why would the cars not be included? obviously cars have transported many bodies...they searched the f'n bike...why not the cars?

BM...you were appropiately initialed
sorry i was rushing because I was watching PE. Basically LE has to have some specific concrete facts that one of the cars was used and they must state specifically what LE is looking for (EX dna evidence) right now all we have is circumstantial and thats not enough to get a warrant. Getting cell phone data back could be really helpful in this area

I get the feeling from listening to Mike and Chris at PE, they are not impressed with LE investigating Suzannes case. They were very careful to say they love LE but....

Were it not for AM, Suzannes case would not be kept alive. And the guys at PE pointed that out.

Andy says that he’s trying to get the EVI (electronic vehicle information) from the CBI and sheriff’s department in relation to Barry’s truck. This would give them the best hope of finding Suzanne, so I hope they’re successful. I’m less than optimistic though, but stranger things have happened.
Wow, he's really putting pressure on LE, too. I can't imagine them releasing that kind of evidence to a family member. I doubt he will be able to get them involved in the search, either. Imo

sorry i was rushing because I was watching PE. Basically LE has to have some specific concrete facts that one of the cars was used and they must state specifically what LE is looking for (EX dna evidence) right now all we have is circumstantial and thats not enough to get a warrant. Getting cell phone data back could be really helpful in this area

maybe I'm too cynical....where there's a will, there's a way...

maybe I'm too cynical....where there's a will, there's a way...
If they think there’s any chance a particular vehicle was involved, I have no doubt it would have been processed. Thus far we’ve heard about the truck, but I wouldn’t be surprised if other vehicles were processed as well.

I agree I don't see them giving the family much information directly to the family, with that many people volunteering I don't think LE would feel information would be kept quiet as they would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader