Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of good sleuthers here, in different capacities. Including MassGuy of course.

I really don’t consider myself a good sleuther. I do learn a lot from following different cases.

I tip my hat to all the sleuthers especially those that do the research and those that keep the rest of us in the know about what is going on in the case. There are many dedicated sleuthers on this site.

It is so nice to check in and someone is keeping me up to speed on what is going on. It may be someone with thousands of posts or someone with just a few. They are all important to me. Keep up the good work.

I'm actually not thinking he's on camera bringing tools into the motel.

I think he may be on video lugging a large plastic tote or something like that into the hotel.

He would have hidden any items that needed cleaning, along with the chlorinated product he used to clean them.

Saying he brought his tools with him to the hotel may be a way of baking in a plausible explanation for him being captured bringing a bulky container with him into the building.

JMO.

Totally agree and good clarification.

It would be interesting to me if BM tries to find out or stay informed of the upcoming search details as to where is searched and what is found. I wonder if any searchers are friends who would report back to him. It is hard for me to believe he wouldn't be at all interested.
Oh, he'll be interested...
moo

@ProfilingEvil podcast for tonight will be interesting! Today at 5:00
8 Stages of Domestic Violence Homicide.” Join the PE ream as we explore this dynamic with Dr. Jane Monckton Smith.

Dr Jane Monckton Smith is an internationally recognised Forensic Criminologist and prize winning author specializing in homicide, coercive control, stalking and criminal investigation. Her wider body of work is acknowledged as having societal impact and influence, and is described as outstanding and innovative.

She is currently working at the University of Gloucestershire as a Senior Lecturer in Criminology, and lectures in Public Protection, Homicide, Criminal Investigation and Crime Scene Processing at both UG and PG level.

Attachments

• 6D983A02-F20F-4833-AA26-97285A07A022.jpeg
    6D983A02-F20F-4833-AA26-97285A07A022.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 15
I'm actually not thinking he's on camera bringing tools into the motel.

I think he may be on video lugging a large plastic tote or something like that into the hotel.

He would have hidden any items that needed cleaning, along with the chlorinated product he used to clean them.

Saying he brought his tools with him to the hotel may be a way of baking in a plausible explanation for him being captured bringing a bulky container with him into the building.

JMO.

If there is video of him carrying a large container into the hotel, there must also be video of him taking it back out, since JP was adamant there were no tools left with them, to do the job.

jmo

IN THE WORDS OF SHERIFF SPEZZE:

Oct 19, 2018

What is the most important aspect of the job of a county sheriff?

Overall public safety of our county is the responsibility of the county sheriff as well as ensuring the services we deliver to our entire county meet the expectations of our residents and visitors as well.

The sheriff also has the responsibility to ensure that decisions that are made protect the county from scrutiny and liability.

The sheriff has the responsibility to put key people in command positions so our day-to-day operations meet the needs of the public as well as ensuring that our staff is safe in doing their jobs day to day.

Another key responsibility is the fact that the sheriff recruits the best people for all positions in the county.

In our current economic condition in the county the sheriff has to find ways to recruit, train and retain the very best employees because they are truly the ambassadors of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and Chaffee County.

What will your policy be in releasing information to the public?

I have consistently released all information to the media and public that is legal to release and does not jeopardize an open and ongoing investigation.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has a media policy for its employees that encourages them to be open with the public and media when they can safely address questions asked of them.

Spezze runs for re-election as sheriff

Wow that’s very eye opening and contradictory to what is happening now isn’t it? Hoping the silence and lack of updates will all make sense after the end result. I still have faith in LE but not getting the video from Poncha Market was not good. Just because CCSO asks people to save video doesn’t guarantee they will. I would have thought they would have sought out that video and collect it as soon as they heard about the note.

RSBM
Possible Barry is accomplishing exactly what he set out to do…throw shade on JP..is JP lying? What else is JP lying about?

As Barry said he’s on video he’s all over the hotel, I’m sure he is. What could possibly be in the tool bags/boxes/coolers he carried in other than tools. See folks it’s here on video.

JP says he didn’t work…but both admit he was paid. JP adds insult to injury and accuses Barry of not leaving any tools and reports that to the media? Tell me again why Barry paid him, especially if the tools were there but he didn't do any work?

In defense of BM (!!!), he owed JP, whether or not JP actually worked. He called him up, scheduled him for the job, and it appears JP showed up ready to work. I assume the other two workers were paid as well.

I would very much like to hear from the other two workers: did they know JP was going to be part of the crew? Did they go to the jobsite? What did they expect with regard to the tools?

It's also still not clear to me: did JP (or the other workers) attempt to contact BM to find out what was going on? What were the results?

Perhaps BM will suggest that he left the tools at the hotel, meaning....JP must have stolen them.

I havent had a chance to listen to Lauren's new interview yet.

This part concerns me as it adds another possibility to move her remains deep into the woods away from the home and no way for GPS to track it.

"*BM's been searching on his dirt bike for suzanne. not sure if there's any significance, but it's new info."

If its a dirt bike like I am thinking it is then it could be a motorcycle that is used mainly for off road use. I used to have a dirt bike and you can use saddle bags or a seat rack on the back behind the seat and you would be amazed how much stuff you can carry behind the seat area. I used to bungie cord down all kinds of stuff behind me. I think my old one was a Yamaha 125cc dirt bike.

Someone could even strap down a cooler behind where they sit if the dirt bike was a motorcycle with enough things to hook bungie cords to.

Wondering if he may have carried her remains on the dirt bike and hauled it far away from the home. Even if he took two trips to do it, it would be a way to avoid GPS tracking.

I need to first listen to the interview to see if its the type of dirt bike I am thinking it could be.
JMO
There's a quickly shown photo of the bike if you watch. Could be a DM shot in my opinion.

If there is video of him carrying a large container into the hotel, there must also be video of him taking it back out, since JP was adamant there were no tools left with them, to do the job.

jmo

Very possible, but there's also another possibility:

I think JP mentioned there were a couple of other employees of BM's there in Broomfield, too.

I'm wondering if BM might not have asked one of his employees to take the tote out for him and stow it in his/her vehicle instead of taking it back out himself.

That would be very much in keeping with his apparent predilection for pointing the finger of blame at others.

BM missed his calling: He should have been a carpenter.

Dude clearly loves framing.

JMO.

Last edited:
@ProfilingEvil podcast for tonight will be interesting! Today at 5:00
8 Stages of Domestic Violence Homicide.” Join the PE ream as we explore this dynamic with Dr. Jane Monckton Smith.

Dr Jane Monckton Smith is an internationally recognised Forensic Criminologist and prize winning author specializing in homicide, coercive control, stalking and criminal investigation. Her wider body of work is acknowledged as having societal impact and influence, and is described as outstanding and innovative.

She is currently working at the University of Gloucestershire as a Senior Lecturer in Criminology, and lectures in Public Protection, Homicide, Criminal Investigation and Crime Scene Processing at both UG and PG level.
I would like to take the opportunity to get on my soap box for a post. Ladies (and interested men) its so important to take a few minutes to familarize yourself with the symptoms victims of domestic violence commonly display. Hopefully, youll never need to do anything with the information, but many victims of domestic violence suffer in silence for fear of speaking out. Just being familiar with the signs could make a huge difference to a victim. Offering emotional support or friendship can change that persons whole world for the better. (but obviously use care and caution and reasonableness before getting involved in a DV situation) sorry not sorry, ladies gotta look out for each other. I hold PE in the highest regards, they produce content that needs to be talked about. You may now continue your regularly scheduled sleuthing.

Very possible, but there's also another possibility:

I think JP also said there were a couple of other employees of BM's there in Broomfield, too.

I'm wondering if BM might not have asked one of his employees to take the tote out for him and stow it in his/her vehicle instead of taking it back out himself.

JMO.

And if so, did it get lost?

Re: the neighbor who allegedly said SM's car was home, but not her bike.

I wonder where SM kept her bike. I don't think they live in a high crime area, but neither do I - and I do not leave my bikes outside, I keep them in the garage. I don't know any cyclist who lives in a house who keeps his/her bike(s) outside.

Did the neighbor do a thorough walkaround? Or was SM's bike usually stored outside, as easily seen as the family cars?

RSBM
Possible Barry is accomplishing exactly what he set out to do…throw shade on JP..is JP lying? What else is JP lying about?

As Barry said he’s on video he’s all over the hotel, I’m sure he is. What could possibly be in the tool bags/boxes/coolers he carried in other than tools. See folks it’s here on video.

JP says he didn’t work…but both admit he was paid. JP adds insult to injury and accuses Barry of not leaving any tools and reports that to the media? Tell me again why Barry paid him, especially if the tools were there but he didn't do any work?
I believe those tools may have been requested by LE. Miraculously they have disappeared possibly by a man who he gave a big opportunity to that was incarcerated for 9 years. I get the gut feeling they will never be accounted for. Just my opinion.

jmo
I think a little differently about this, I mentioned it before. JP didn't actually say there were no tools. He said there was no dirt and no machinery, IIRC. Also he didn't say there were no tools left with "them". I tend to think that there was no coordination, no love lost between the 2 entities, JP in one room, the 2 young ones in the other room. Once Barry said that they would all have to work it out without his supervision, if that really happened, I think there was no chance they would work together. In fact I wonder if the 2 young workers didn't leave immediately for home. JP's description of visiting the job site didn't say "we", iirc, as in we went to the job site. (I'll have to look that up, but pretty sure he said "I" went to the job site on Monday.

Maybe BM paid JP on Saturday, maybe he wouldn't have worked without a prepay. Note he said he was paid, but that he hadn't seen Barry since Saturday. Maybe Barry had enough on him to know he would show up after being paid.

Barry is not shy about saying he left tools at the hotel, so IMO it had to be with the young people who so far aren't talking. Or via the container theory, but I don't think he came back out with the container while maintaining that he left the tools there. Too suspicious.

jmo
Unless there was a large container in the hotel room and somehow JP missed it or forgot to point that out. Highly unlikely, I know.

Barry insists he left tools at the hotel. Why would he lie about something that can be so easily disputed by three employees, hotel staff, and the cameras? Maybe there is another vehicle at the hotel that he left the tools in?

On the interview last night, Barry said he didn't know there were no flyers or missing posters at the sheriff's office. Guess that means that BM has not bothered to stop by.

ETA and hasn't stopped by to leave flyers, either.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it is in all of their best interests to stay away from it. Ive seen some crazy stuff being said and done by random people in this case. The last thing those girls need right now is an abundance of questions, and some people just dont have that respect or know how to behave like that. I would love for them to be surrounded by their family members who are coming out for the search. But watching from afar would be my best recommendation.
Jmho.

BBM:

Personally, I think it's in both of SM's daughter's best interests to stay as far away from the perp who murdered their mother as possible.

That's who they need to keep their distance from right now, both physically AND emotionally.

Living in a false reality is all kinds of unhealthy.

They certainly are under no obligation to attend the upcoming vigil.

But burying one's head in the sand inevitably leads to one outcome:

Suffocation.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Personally, I think it's in both of SM's daughter's best interests to stay as far away from the perp who murdered their mother as possible.

That's who they need to keep their distance from right now, both physically AND emotionally.

Living in a false reality is all kinds of unhealthy.

They certainly are under no obligation to attend the upcoming vigil.

But burying one's head in the sand inevitably leads to one result:

Suffocation.

JMO.
Not showing up at the vigil will attract far more attention than going.

And if so, did it get lost?

I’m curious if BM is seen on camera entering the hotel and his room with a tote (aka his “tools”) and BM is seen leaving the hotel on camera without this tote. But maybe he throws the tote out the window of his room and retrieved it in the parking lot and then disposes of it on the way home. Hopefully the hotel has really good exterior cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj