Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it interesting that BM implied to MG at least, that he'd been there on the jobsite working all day before he had to suddenly rush off for the family emergency, but in her estimation, whatever work that was done there wouldn't have taken him longer than 30 minutes.
<<snip
JMO
Snipped for focus. I've known lots of bosses who never seemed to actually work, so this part of the story rings true to me.

Just saying.

I think TN suspected there was something suspicious about where the bike was found from the beginning. According to JS in one of the recent interviews, TN was the first one to say it looked like the bike was thrown down the hill.

After TN first spoke out I got the impression he didn't care much for Barry. He referred to him as "the husband" and encouraged the public to ask LE about the condition of the bike. He was probably holding back because LE had told him not to discuss any details. Then later he separated himself from the online Go fund account or whatever it's called. Everyone has called it different things so I don't know the proper name for it.

Did MG actually say it was TN who said that about the hush money? I thought she meant it was a relative or a friend but didn't say who. The army guy was also at the scene. He's the one who told Barry LE was mishandling the bike and ruining the crime scene.

IMO
Good post!

I remember watching the video a couple of times of somebody filming/interviewing BM in the spot the bike was found. So, is the person that was doing that interview is that BM's nephew or are we talking about 2 different people? I am so confused.

Good post!

I remember watching the video a couple of times of somebody filming/interviewing BM in the spot the bike was found. So, is the person that was doing that interview is that BM's nephew or are we talking about 2 different people? I am so confused.

Different people. BMs nephew Trevor Noel was there early on, gathering money through the . The one who filmed BM is Tyson Draper (youtube channel)

IMO, both of those guys think Barrys story is full of bull malarkey (my new fav word, ty Andy)

Didn’t BM speak to JP in Salida on the Saturday about the Mothers’ Day job iirc? At that stage it was perhaps just a tentative arrangement as BM was scrappily putting together a plan. MG was subsequently asked to “pull a crew together” and I’m sure BM told her to include JP. If BM didn’t himself tell MG that he had already discussed it with JP in town on Saturday, then I’m sure JP would have told her when she contacted him to confirm the job. I think this could explain how she heard about BM being in town Saturday. Moo

Last edited:
BM's, seemingly pointless beach raking job with MG on Saturday morning and his reported shopping trip in town in the afternoon kept him out and away from the house nearly all day Saturday. GM has said he seemed weird at the beach. This, coupled with the abrupt ending of the text messaging at 12:30, leads me to believe he had someone else kill her outside the house and leave her body at another place for him to dispose of that night or on the way to Denver.

Agreed. The phrase "looked like he had just had the worst night of his life" is particularly inflammatory, unless she actually voiced it that way at the time. A statement like that could be damning if she can back it up by someone she said it to or wrote it down (she doesn't strike me as the type of person to keep a diary, but you never know) - but if not, I think it can actually work against her credibility as a witness as it possibly reveals some bias/resentment/etc. on her part. I'd rather her stick to factual descriptions (his clothes were dirty and rumpled, he had bags under his eyes, he was hyper/manic in his words and actions, etc.) On one hand, I'm glad to see these individuals sticking up for themselves and to BM, but I'm worried that those emotions may be playing a part in how they are speaking about the events in question. MOO, JMO

It would also, arguably, be subject to an objection in court if she testified as much, since she could have no personal knowledge about what is or is not "the worst night of" Barry's life. Of course, the phrase is not an uncommon figure of speech that sums up disheveled clothing, bags under eyes, etc., so it's possible that it could be allowed.

BM's, seemingly pointless beach raking job with MG on Saturday morning and his reported shopping trip in town in the afternoon kept him out and away from the house nearly all day Saturday. GM has said he seemed weird at the beach. This, coupled with the abrupt ending of the text messaging at 12:30, leads me to believe he had someone else kill her outside the house and leave her body at another place for him to dispose of that night or on the way to Denver.
At the moment it doesn't seem to be too outlandish.

Like the text when he fired her and his subtle choice of words!
Maybe her (MG) role was to circle back to SM friend via text or messenger and end the conversation naturally rather than the abrupt ending at 12:30.
It doesn’t seem like BM has the communication skills to impersonate someone. He doesn’t complete his own sentences and uses poor grammar.
Call me sexist, but I have a hard time imagining a male going through conversations on someone else’s phone, seems more like a female.
Wouldn’t he have more pressing needs if he had killed her earlier...

" The brother of Suzanne Morphew is leading a new search effort in hopes of finding the missing Chaffee County woman, who was last seen May 10 at her home near Maysville, authorities said Friday." Brother of Suzanne Morphew organizing search for missing Chaffee County woman

Not really any new info we didn't know, but I found it interesting the way this was worded - last seen at her home - instead of the recycled bike ride story.

That is very interesting wording. SM was last seen at home on that Saturday. So that basically is not recognizing BM saying he saw her in bed Sunday morning. Therefor they must be relying on someone else seeing SM at home on Saturday.

I’m thinking the “seeing at home” was via a FaceTime or similar type of call. And we know SM’s best friend was messaging with her. So does that mean SM’s friend FaceTiming on Saturday was the last time SM was seen alive? And can we line that up with 12:30pm MT. ?

Wasn’t May 10th the Sunday though?

That is very interesting wording. SM was last seen at home on that Saturday. So that basically is not recognizing BM saying he saw her in bed Sunday morning. Therefor they must be relying on someone else seeing SM at home on Saturday.

I’m thinking the “seeing at home” was via a FaceTime or similar type of call. And we know SM’s best friend was messaging with her. So does that mean SM’s friend FaceTiming on Saturday was the last time SM was seen alive? And can we line that up with 12:30pm MT. ?

But May 10th was Sunday, wasn't it ?

That's the job of a machine and MG knew how to run a Bobcat. When she said rake, I think with a large quantity of sand it wouldn't be by hand. Just my opinion.

FYI, the term ‘rake’ in construction refers to making a slope or making something slanted.

Dictionary of Construction Terminology - Rake

I believe MG was talking about making the river bank nicely sloped rather than leaving it looking like a muddy mess. I’d imagine the bobcat was used.

The only problem I have is that MG doesn't claim direct knowledge that BM is "in town." She hears about that, she doesn't observe it. I'm willing to trust what she says about what she actually saw, but the rest...I need the eyewitnesses to his presence in town (I think that story is another BM plant).

Thank you so much for doing this - gives me some closure for the day and things to really think about.

We know BM met JP in town Saturday. We know MG was en route to thewthe Broomfield jobsite with JP on Sunday. I suspect MG and JP may have discussed BM during that trip, hence JP was the source that BM was shopping alone Sunday afternoon. MOO

Also, MOO, if I'd been told BM had to go "make his wife happy", I'd expect him to spend time with the wife and would note that he was out by himself. Of course, he could have been hunting up chocolate, roses and wine for her, for all we know. Or he could have been shopping for bleach. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18