Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
REMINDER

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

This applies to GD, TN, JP, MG, CC and anyone else named in this case, that is not either a victim or a named suspect.

Thank you for clarifying!
The area next to the river at town jobsite in photos isn’t very large and appears boulders added to look placed as well as fresh sand
That requires hand raking

*shivers* as to seeing for the first time on the 20/20 show last night with the Sierah Jougin case the photos of the rake marks in his barn around the bales of hay. I didn't recall ever seeing such on the threads.

Raking was to cover up in that case... who knows which area is of interest in this one as he flitted from place to place to place that weekend.

I remember the wording "BM was in town shopping by himself/on his own", so I had the impression, he never ever was shopping before "by himself". What does that mean exactly? Is it even important to know? Didn't he buy groceries before this Saturday? Didn't he buy disinfectants/bleach and similar before this Saturday? Didn't he buy a set of 10 T-shirts or diapers before this Saturday (based on Frazee's purchase ;) )?
Last-minute card and gift shopping for Mother’s Day, maybe? Whether genuine or for show...

At first PE said that a family member had told them Suzanne was communicating with a friend on SM from mid-afternoon to mid-evening. Shortly afterwards they clarified that the conversation ended abruptly at 9:00 pm. Then about a week later they said they were "texting" and the communication ceased at 12:30 pm, but never gave a reason why it was originally said to have occurred in the evening.
I believe it was clarified that until/around 9pm was when some unusual activity happened on SM's social media -- friend requests or something along those lines.

IMO

BBM
mmm. 3-30 hours? Was it 30 consistent hours 3 times? Is that what he's representing?
Sleep deprivation?

My impression is that he stuttered and whoever was transcribing the interview chose an ambiguous and unclear way of depicting that.

I would guess he was saying 30 hours but we really don't know. MOO

I believe it was clarified that until/around 9pm was when some unusual activity happened on SM's social media -- friend requests or something along those lines.

IMO

My impression is that he stuttered and whoever was transcribing the interview chose an ambiguous and unclear way of depicting that.

mmm. Maybe it was a total of 30 hours. Could be.
That's pretty cheap under the circumstances imo.

IMO

Yet we have heard from Andy exactly what he learned about the hours in another interview as to the hours.... he stated it was ~less than 30 hours total vs. confusion over this "3-30" ? MOO.

IMO

I’m betting he was reading from pre-prepared notes (maybe even in someone else’s handwriting) and read out ‘3’ by mistake, then corrected it to 30.

IMO

AM said the unusual activity on her SM occurred at around 12:00 midnight. He said she friended several people who were his age. Others have said some of BM's friends received friend requests from her account. We still don't know what that was all about. I think it had something to do with BM looking on her FB for information. Imo

AM said the unusual activity on her SM occurred at around 12:00 midnight. He said she friended several people who were his age. Others have said some of BM's friends received friend requests from her account. We still don't know what that was all about. I think it had something to do with BM looking on her FB for information. Imo

If multiple (more than 3) people all got friend requests right at midnight; it’s my assumption that this is a batch process Facebook runs that sends out requests to any new contacts that a profile picks up from being logged into on a new device.

While thinking about BM’s activities on May 9th, Saturday, it seems he was quite busy that day. Please correct me if my list is not accurate.

He went to the home remodeling site sometime Sat. Morning.

He left around 11AM.

Per MG he spent a few hours wandering around town.

He either met with JP or talked with him (not sure which).

If we believe he killed his wife after 12:30 PM, he has the cleanup to do and perhaps body disposal.

He drives to the HI express in Brookfield, CO, unloaded his truck, spent at least some period of time in the room doing who knows what.

He was seen at the home remodeling site at 11:30 PM? Has this been verified? If not, did he spend the night at the HI Express?

How could he possibly accomplish all of this in 1 day? I would appreciate any clarification because I can’t make sense of any of the other statements from MG or JP based on this timeline.

I simply do not get this timeline, either. Remember also that he told LE that he left the S house at 5 AM Sunday, with SM still asleep. That's most likely a lie, of course.

Also remember the driving times! It's 2 1/2 hours to Broomfield from Salida, and 2 1/2 hours back. And he did that twice?? S to B Sat. afternoon, and then back to S to be at the remodel site, then back to B sometime during the night? That's 10 hours of driving. If he just went once (which makes more sense), it's still 5 hours drivetime. And when did he go, and why? IMO, he went once, maybe after he was running the machine at the remod site at 11:30, got to B around 3 or 4 AM. Sometime in that madness, he got rid of the body. The cops must have this all worked out through GPS and phone pings, etc., but we don't have enough real info to see the actual pattern.

BBM
mmm. 3-30 hours? Was it 30 consistent hours 3 times? Is that what he's representing?
Sleep deprivation?

I think BM lies (exaggerates) 400 Iraq tours, searched 200 mile radius...

I suppose BM could be saying 3 interviews with LE lasting 10 hours each. I’d be surprised if that’s the case, honestly. That would be very lengthy interviews for victim BM (eyeroll insert). I wonder if BM was asked to go to CCSO headquarters for “questioning”? Is that when LE asked him to turnover his phone & truck? I’m sure LE obtained search warrants for both. IIRC that’s when LE seized LStauch’s car and phone.
MOO.

Among the many things I’d like to know more about:

-The comment that SM was seen “later than originally thought”.

-BM saying there was a bobcat mechanical timeline discrepancy.

-The true time of the convo about the wedding with the friend.

-BM’s whereabouts Friday night.

-Whether SM had originally planned to go away with her girls that weekend and decided instead to stay home (thus messing up a solo weekend BM had planned, causing him to disappoint or juggle someone else).

..all my own speculation and MOO

I wonder if they’ve asked everyone that was questioned extensively in the case about a polygraph, just to see if they are willing. Didn’t Barry say they never asked him, at some point? Of course, that’s a lie.

I wonder if they’ve asked everyone that was questioned extensively in the case about a polygraph, just to see if they are willing. Didn’t Barry say they never asked him, at some point? Of course, that’s a lie.

Maybe it's a lie, maybe it's not. We know that (1) AM said that the investigators told him that Barry declined to take a polygraph and (2) Barry said that he was never asked to take a polygraph. We do not know at this stage whether AM was given correct or incorrect information. Indeed, CCSO has not issued a statement indicating that Barry was offered a polygraph and declined the same.

BBM Agree with bolded statement. Why would the hotel turnover surveillance video which included May 9 unless there was reason to show BM could/should be in the video? I know Daily Mail was the source for the timeline and they can be less than reliable. But it could very well be fact.
I find it remarkable that BM employees worked on the weekends, staying overnight in a hotel, with plans that seemed to be haphazard and then waiting for a few days for more instructions. Something seems off to me. Couldn’t this be done M-F? Was this typical or part of the murder/coverup

Yep... we need a polygraph to find out the truth about the polygraph. Speaks right to his character (or lack thereof)

I think BM lies (exaggerates) 400 Iraq tours, searched 200 mile radius...

I suppose BM could be saying 3 interviews with LE lasting 10 hours each. I’d be surprised if that’s the case, honestly. That would be very lengthy interviews for victim BM (eyeroll insert). I wonder if BM was asked to go to CCSO headquarters for “questioning”? Is that when LE asked him to turnover his phone & truck? I’m sure LE obtained search warrants for both. IIRC that’s when LE seized LStauch’s car and phone.
MOO.

Among the many things I’d like to know more about:

-The comment that SM was seen “later than originally thought”.

-BM saying there was a bobcat mechanical timeline discrepancy.

-The true time of the convo about the wedding with the friend.

-BM’s whereabouts Friday night.

-Whether SM had originally planned to go away with her girls that weekend and decided instead to stay home (thus messing up a solo weekend BM had planned, causing him to disappoint or juggle someone else).

..all my own speculation and MOO

This is a GREAT list. I'll add a few:

- what time BM arrived at the hotel in Broomfield
- what time BM departed the hotel
- every phone ping/gps point for BM on 05.09 & 05.10
- what time SM's phone last pinged in her home
- who planned the camping trip for the girls
- why TN backed out from helping so abruptly

Maybe it's a lie, maybe it's not. We know that (1) AM said that the investigators told him that Barry declined to take a polygraph and (2) Barry said that he was never asked to take a polygraph. We do not know at this stage whether AM was given correct or incorrect information. Indeed, CCSO has not issued a statement indicating that Barry was offered a polygraph and declined the same.

You are correct that CCSO did not issue a statement about Barry and lie detector tests. MG said she declined one, but CCSO did not issue a statement on that. I misspoke saying that I know it’s a lie. In my mind, if a lie detector test was offered to MG,one was offered to Barry as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom