Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed JP 100%. He just struck me as sincere. I think that whole scenario made his hinky meter go off. <modsnip>
I believe the information MG gave in the interview, but I do think she kept a lot to herself. I think she knows more and has more to add, but wasn't going to tell Lauren, rightfully so. I don't think she was the sidepiece or the other woman, but I think she may be aware of others who are. I wonder if BM didn't confide in her, to a certain extent. I have no idea what MG's backstory is and I'm not sure how it is relevant to SM being missing, anyway.

I think Lauren is doing a fabulous job. And her job is to bring us news. She's keeping this story out there, and is dedicated to seeing it through and doing the legwork. How can anyone fault her for that? I think she deserves a big Atta Girl.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some thoughts swirling around in my head -

Notice MG says that BM reiterated the mountain lion story to her when he tells her SM is missing. Now, that really points to him being behind that email to the church early on (not that we didn’t already know that)

As far as BM firing MG, wouldn’t you want ALL of your employees, friends, and family cooperating with LE to find your MISSING wife? Probably not if your responsible for her being missing- that’s the only conclusion I can draw from that one.

<modsnip>

I think we are hearing all these stories now because AM started speaking out against BM. The others followed suit because finally, someone started talking first and the damn had been broken. Perhaps, it was like a safety in numbers situation. They may have felt no one would believe them, but I do.

I think they have more Information to share, and I hope it empowers others to come forward to reveal what they may know.

IMO, we are just scratching the surface.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I still would like to know who told her BM was in town all day and went shopping by himself. Maybe it was JP. He did say he spoke to him on Saturday. I'm not sure he's very reliable, either.

If the room smelled so strongly of chlorine that her eyes stung as soon as they opened the door, why wouldn't anyone think to complain and request another room? If the fumes were that bad it would have been intolerable to stay inside that room with the door closed.

I'm not sure if there is something she's not revealing or she's just exaggerating for effect.

BM's, seemingly pointless beach raking job with MG on Saturday morning and his reported shopping trip in town in the afternoon kept him out and away from the house nearly all day Saturday. GM has said he seemed weird at the beach. This, coupled with the abrupt ending of the text messaging at 12:30, leads me to believe he had someone else kill her outside the house and leave her body at another place for him to dispose of that night or on the way to Denver.

This is certainly possible, but if that had been the plan, his so-called alibi of shopping 11 miles away in Salida that afternoon is pretty shaky. If it had been a solid plan, he should have been far away in Broomfield Saturday morning, with all the tools, dirt and stone already delivered Friday, and he should have been diligently working at the site all day, jump-starting the project for employees coming in Sunday night/Monday, and spending time on the hotel's guest computer looking at innocent things, in the dining room with project plans, talking to the desk clerks, buying dinner at a nearby restaurant with his credit card, wherever he could be seen on video . SM's body would have been found at the house Sunday and the house 'ransacked.' Home invasion.

I still would like to know who told her BM was in town all day and went shopping by himself. Maybe it was JP. He did say he spoke to him on Saturday. I'm not sure he's very reliable, either.

If the room smelled so strongly of chlorine that her eyes stung as soon as they opened the door, why wouldn't anyone think to complain and request another room? If the fumes were that bad it would have been intolerable to stay inside that room with the door closed.

I'm not sure if there is something she's not revealing or she's just exaggerating for effect.
I can bet that LE has watched that interview, and if her stories didn’t align with her account given to them, MG will find herself right back in the hot seat.

Surely, she wouldn’t want that? She may have exaggerated some of the story, but I believe her for the most part.

However, I think she has more information to share.

IMO I keep thinking about JP’s instinct at being used as an alibis. He is been in prison for nine years so would have a good feeling for criminal activities.
- I can’t figure out why three employees sat around waiting for tools. Surely one could have driven to get them. JP made no reference to asking him for tools, he would have stated that in the interview if he had. Hmm.. Three employees not one could figure out how to or made an attempt to get the tools? They just stayed around for two days in the holiday inn express (which is a nice hotel regardless of the DM description).
-JP’s room was suspiciously set up. Beach, wet towels and some piece of mail in the trash can.
- JP was sent to the building site to rake the sand.
- The loud machinery was heard at the building site during the night on May 9th
-IMO, JP was set out to be at both where SM was buried and the hotel.
IMO SM is buried soe
What do you mean? She DID turn over her phone.

;(Tiger reply), she did but not immediately.

I feel like there are more people involved than I originally thought, but exactly who and in what way I do not know. I believe that these workers have obviously turned on BM, but is it because they are involved and trying to save themselves by pinning everything on BM? Or are they truly innocent and angry that they were dragged into this? And what about the friend and family member? Did they really “threaten” MG about turning over her phone? If so, why, and how involved are they?

Is this ALL BM’s doing and he’s attempting to bring others down with him? Or is this a big conspiracy with everyone involved just trying to save themselves?

I don’t know!

I’m still giving TN a bit of a pass. His uncle is distraught, calls him for help. He could have sprung into action, bought Barry’s story hook, line and sinker. GD gets a call, was on scene for bike retrieval at Barry’s direction, and also ended up in the narrative. The two of them are trying to help someone they believe in. Barry then weaves a yarn about maybe helping out MG the meth head, some texts might appear bad to LE if they saw her phone. Barry tells them how badly LE is doing at finding Suzanne, and this might take them even further off their focus, accusing him instead of searching. He begs them to help him and while unsure, they do it. Then the wheels fall off.

I’m still giving TN a bit of a pass. His uncle is distraught, calls him for help. He could have sprung into action, bought Barry’s story hook, line and sinker. GD gets a call, was on scene for bike retrieval at Barry’s direction, and also ended up in the narrative. The two of them are trying to help someone they believe in. Barry then weaves a yarn about maybe helping out MG the meth head, some texts might appear bad to LE if they saw her phone. Barry tells them how badly LE is doing at finding Suzanne, and this might take them even further off their focus, accusing him instead of searching. He begs them to help him and while unsure, they do it. Then the wheels fall off.
It’s possible he was protecting BM from something else, not thinking at the time that he was responsible for Suzanne’s disappearance.

Just curious...

MG said BM had her 'rake' sand over the shore area at the Salida lot because it was a muddy mess.

Did she do that work by hand (wheelbarrow, shovel and rake) or did she use the bobcat to move the sand and 'rake' it smooth?

This is a GREAT list. I'll add a few:

- what time BM arrived at the hotel in Broomfield
- what time BM departed the hotel
- every phone ping/gps point for BM on 05.09 & 05.10
- what time SM's phone last pinged in her home
- who planned the camping trip for the girls
- why TN backed out from helping so abruptly
bbm
All of this .... but esp. the bolded !
Just so many coincidences.
Curiouser and curiouser.

One more thing that has my curiosity meter raised is:

BM acted to quickly to get guardianship. It was such a transparent financial move, that I’d have to imagine even he realized how bad it would look. So in order for BM to go through with it, he must have had some major finance related stress in his life. Did he have a debt that was due? And the consequences of not paying that debt would be worse than the optics of the guardianship?

Just curious...

MG said BM had her 'rake' sand over the shore area at the Salida lot because it was a muddy mess.

Did she do that work by hand (wheelbarrow, shovel and rake) or did she use the bobcat to move the sand and 'rake' it smooth?

A few pages ago I posted the definition of ‘raking’ in the construction industry. It means to slope or slant. So the raking would have been creating an even slope along the river bank as opposed to leaving it uneven and messy. This would be done with machinery like a bobcat.

I think the odd thing is that they raked before the project was even close to being finished. Why?

Last edited:

BM acted to quickly to get guardianship. It was such a transparent financial move, that I’d have to imagine even he realized how bad it would look. So in order for BM to go through with it, he must have had some major finance related stress in his life. Did he have a debt that was due? And the consequences of not paying that debt would be worse than the optics of the guardianship?
Not that I know about all the missing people cases, but I have Never seen a family member go after guardianship with a spouse missing. Not to mention after only 3 weeks I feel that BM may have already visited an Attorney possibly about divorce if Suzanne had mentioned one and could have been advised on how to get money during the divorce and part of the premeditation murder was to get ahold of Suzann's money so there could not be a division of money and property during a divorce

I think Barry believes he can mansplain anything. How dare anyone question his motives. He loves his wife.

IMO I think that JP was not only used as an alibis, but BM attempted to set him up as the perpetrator of the crime.
- I can’t figure out why three employees sat around waiting for tools. Surely one could have driven to get them. JP made no reference to asking him for tools, he would have stated that in the interview if he had. Three employees, two days, not one could drive to Salida to get them. (I have zero explanation for this).
-
JP’s room was suspiciously set up. Bleach, wet towels, to look like the coverup of a crime scene! Just like BM’s house was cleaned up. IMO BM was not expecting his house to be visited by LE.
- JP was sent to the building site to rake the sand (a purportedly trivial job)
- The loud machinery was heard at the building site during the night on May 9th
<modsnip>
JP ‘the seasoned criminal’ was deliberately placed at both locations.

IMO SM was buried on May 9th at or around the building site, or the shore near by.

A few pages ago I posted the definition of ‘taking’ in the construction industry. It means to slope or slant. So the raking would have been creating an even slope along the river bank as opposed to leaving it uneven and messy. This would be done with machinery like a bobcat.

I think the odd thing is that they raked before the project was even close to being finished. Why?

I don't work in construction, so when MG said she was told to cover a muddy area with sand and rake it out, I was visualizing a wheelbarrow, shovel and rake.

Then I looked at the area again, keeping in mind how hard it is to push a loaded wheelbarrow through mud. That's when it occurred to me that MG must have been using the bobcat - I have seen bobcats used to 'rake' material around.

Still...what perplexes me most is wondering what MG could possibly have had on her phone that BM didn't want LE to see - particularly when they already have his side of things with his phone.

Last edited:

He also acted quickly to "fire" an employee. Only thing he hasn't acted quickly on is searching for his missing wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member