Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading the surveillance cameras being turned off or not working being mentioned and I’ve gone back but can’t find if it was specified what kind they have. I was wondering if it’s an ADT type or a Ring type? I know from my own experience, the Ring can be wonky, at least it is for me. Our doorbell one works perfectly all the time...our garage floodlight cam is hit or miss. It’s further away from our router and has a tendency to go offline...a lot. Even with WiFi extenders.

They seem to have an ADT -type alarm box on one of the Zillow photos showing the door between the house and the garage.

But I have ADT and I have Ring, too.

I can turn off the ADT alarms easily from my phone. I don't have to be anywhere near the house. I would think ADT could tell the difference between me just not setting the alarm and a fault or interruption in the service.

Ring is handy because you do get some better photos of faces at the door and you can share them with others.

Isn't Suzanne's home misidentified in this DM photo? She would be using road 225 to get home.

28619326-8340119-image-a-64_1589980663792.jpg

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Is the location of the personal item found correct?

Probably already answered as I'm a few pages behind, but yes, the house is misidentified. Not the Morphew house.

If the DM is correct with the neighbor's name, DM has marked her house, which is about 150 yards from the Morphew house, as the crow flies, across the river.

Isn't Suzanne's home misidentified in this DM photo? She would be using road 225 to get home.

28619326-8340119-image-a-64_1589980663792.jpg

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Is the location of the personal item found correct?

(1) The house identified is not correct.
(2) The red line follows US50 to end just EAST of the intersection with County Road 225. The sheriff definitely said that the item was found WEST of the intersection. It is NOT correct, even in the wildest version reported so far

DM lands right on target again, with both left feet. It sort of cancels out the credibility of the whole article, doesn't it? IMO

I understand what your saying. IF the girls spoke to their Dad and were going to have a neighbor call 911, I would think the Dad would drive home to check on her before anyone called 911. There’s a reason why the girls were concerned enough to involve LE. I want to know if they actually spoke to him? MOO

If SM had collapsed or been injured at home and was unable to get help for herself, it would be potentially faster for the girls to call 911 and ask LE to do a wellness check than it would be for their Dad to drive home to check.

JMO, but as a parent of teenagers, I wouldn't read anything into a camping trip. All of mine (teenagers) are getting stir crazy and have been dying to get out and do something (anything) out of the norm - especially if they can see their peers. So the kids being away doesn't sound off any bells for me.

I don't understand, though, SM being home alone. I know everyone is wired differently, but I know my wife would never be comfortable in a big, empty, remote house in the woods all by herself for a weekend. She would have tagged along on my trip, stayed with a friend, gone with the kids - something - rather than stay alone. Maybe this was normal for SM (if BM travels a lot, it's certainly possible), that would be something I'd be interested to know as well. MOO.

Just from another perspective ... obviously fire fighters are having to attend fires regardless of a global Covid crisis. Maybe training on how to deal with fire fighting in a Covid situation?

I doubt it. I don't want to sound too condescending but he's just a volunteer firefighter who'd been with a small rural fire dept a very short time. There's literally no training that I could possibly imagine him being sent out-of-town for right now during the pandemic. He was already in very close proximity to the best training our state has to offer. He'd never have to leave Chaffee County to get all of his training. At this point in the pandemic, I doubt the FD would even approve of such a trip.

A lot of firefighting training/testing is continuing online right now. Other than that it's hyperlocal. No one is doing multiagency trainings right now.

So just to sum up - all of the firefighting training going on right now in CO is either online or hosted locally. I'm not aware of anyone traveling around the state for training.

Last edited:
(2) The red line follows US50 to end just EAST of the intersection with County Road 225. The sheriff definitely said that the item was found WEST of the intersection. It is NOT correct, even in the wildest version reported so far

DM lands right on target again, with both left feet. It sort of cancels out the credibility of the whole article, doesn't it? IMO

Much of the information in the article seems to be correct

I'm not sure miss identifying the house on a map cancels the whole credibility of the facts, the interviews and the photos

If that were the case we could probably toss out 90 percent of all MSM articles published

As far as the trip goes...i was thinking maybe their Dad surprised them...I mean from my understanding one of the girls is graduating high school. Prom and graduation, spring break were canceled... Maybe he sent them somewhere...still thinking Idaho Springs for a little vacation

From the previous thread:
Pak31 said:
Finally caught up so now I’m going to read the DM article. All along I’ve wondered is the so called bike ride ever happened. Especially with the cryptic words of the nephew. I just couldn’t believe that the neighbor had her eyes on SM all the time to know what she was doing. What about the claim SM supposedly told her neighbor is she doesn’t come back call police? Was that true or assumed? Learning that she wasn’t happy there since the move is huge info. Which now does make the question way they moved there a decent one. Why uproot if you love where you currently live? Unless it was to be closer to the daughter at college there. I don’t want to speculate.

The Daily Mail story says that she WAS happy there....maybe you misread?

Other friends spoke of the family in glowing terms, noting that Suzanne had been happy living in Colorado since moving to the state from Alexandria, Indiana, in July 2018.

Also, I don't think there was ever ANY truth to the claim that SM told a neighbor if she didn't return to call the police. I think someone simply made that assumption on social media and it caught legs like it was fact, but there was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim imo.
If she was a cancer patient/survivor they may have moved due to the availability of medical marijuana. Another poster mentioned the awesome medical care and facilities within the area as well. IMO

A worker in there house could have heard the hubby talk about going away and the girls too. Perfect opportunity to go after SM that weekend, IF that's the case.

Yes, but if there was a worker that came to the house, I think LE would know about this immediately, as that is one of the first things they would ask about/look into, moo.

I like the research you do. I am horrible with maps...I have no sense of direction. Your stuff is so detailed

Even with restrictions put in place like "recreating 10 miles from home" in Colorado's "safer at home," not everyone complies with it. I am not saying this to shame, in any way, shape or form, these girls. It just is a fact - I am in several national park groups on FB, for instance, where people have posted about going camping and traveling out of their own states that have been in various stages of lockdown. Perhaps the girls had planned this camping trip awhile ago and no one wanted to cancel? A lot of people are prioritizing outdoor recreation activities rather than being indoors because they feel it is safer (virus-wise).

I would be interested though when the trip was booked, when they left, when they were to come home, etc.

Also Idaho can be stunningly beautiful! I am not surprised at wanting to camp there in general. CO is also stunning but if it's where you live, you may want to venture out to new grounds IMO.

Were the Covid19 restrictions in Idaho as strict as in Colorado and other states for camping/hiking/renting an cabin?

I have a friend who lives in Northern Idaho and she was surprised when I told her about the 'Stay At Home' orders and all of the restrictions we've had here in Ohio.

JMO

If she was a cancer patient/survivor they may have moved due to the availability of medical marijuana. Another poster mentioned the awesome medical care and facilities within the area as well. IMO

Upon a quick search, there appears to be 4 dispensaries in Chaffee County. There are gazillions all over the state, moo. (Thankfully LOL!)

Marijuana Dispensaries in Colorado, Chaffee County

(Waving Colorado Flag)

They seem to have an ADT -type alarm box on one of the Zillow photos showing the door between the house and the garage.

But I have ADT and I have Ring, too.

I can turn off the ADT alarms easily from my phone. I don't have to be anywhere near the house. I would think ADT could tell the difference between me just not setting the alarm and a fault or interruption in the service.

Ring is handy because you do get some better photos of faces at the door and you can share them with others.

Thank you! I figured it was probably an ADT type but wasn't sure. And I agree the Ring is great. We laugh when we get an alert from the garage cam, cause it's so temperamental and not sure what days it's going to work! But you are correct; the images and videos are very clear and being able to share is awesome. Which I hope is very valuable in this case at some point, if LE needs them from other houses.

Hi all. Just thinking about what silly billy advised us earlier and reviewing what LE has stated from the onset via the press releases and news conference. All of the below came from the sheriffs press release and his news conference - chaffeesheriff.org (if I were smarter I could include links duh)
1). At this point, MSM and SM can not be trusted for “the facts” since only LE has them and as the sheriff stated in his news conf. Fri, My 15 -(my words) since this is an open investigation they can not provide specifics as to what they have found and know.
So we need to quit relying on NG, DM, FB friends, etc.
2) At no point have we heard LE state or BM personally give an alibi or state where he was or why. We’ve only heard him on the video pleading for her safe return. So we should kindly leave him alone, stop putting words in his mouth and insinuating he’s involved.
3) I’ve seen people commenting about LE not seeking help or information from the public and the lack of info (see point #1 it’s an open investigation - he can’t.) On May 11 first press release the sheriff said if you had any info to contact his office or crime stoppers. On May 13th press release they announced a new dedicated tip line to call. On May 14th, 15th, 16th, press releases they emphasized this Line again even telling us on May 16th over 100 tips had been received (by May 18th over 150.). On May 17th and 18th they asked residents to save their security type videos (in the event LE might need them and if so, would reach out to them to secure) and May 18th indicated they were following up on tips.
4) I’ve seen it stated the family must not be cooperating with LE or vice versa. The missing poster flyer with the 200k reward has the sheriffs number on it. The sheriff stated the husband was cooperating.
Also, people have commented on the flyer being odd as in (bring her back and get 200k no questions asked.) In fact, the flyer states “police and family are SEEKING ANY INFO. that LEADS to her safe return, no questions asked.”
5) The sheriff never announced finding the bicycle.
6) The sheriff never announced what the personal item(s) found were and if in fact were confirmed as being hers. Instead they only stated on May 15th presser that they were targeting a specific area To search that day AFTER locating what’s BELIEVED to be a personal item of the missing woman.
7) Its been mentioned the FBI and CBI were called in immed. In fact, they came in on May 14th per sheriffs May 14th press release.
8) It’s been said the neighbor saw SM leave for a bike ride and/or not return. But the sheriffs May 11th press release stated:
On May 10 at 17:46 a call was recvd reporting a missing female IN THE AREA ON county rd 225 and w. Hwy 50. Sheriffs responded to THE AREA And Contacted THE REPORTING PARTY who advised their neighbor had REPORTEDLY gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.
Sheriff immed. engaged search and rescue and dept. of correction’s tracking dogs. They searched into early morning with NO RESULTS.
Search resumed early am on 11th With search and rescue scouring area again. Then County Tac Team And Dept. of correct. called in to help scour area again. By late afternoon SM had not been found. (NO Mention is made of any items being found.)
Anyway - just wanted to remind myself and the rest of us these are the only validated facts and information we have to officially run with and set some of the misinformation floating around out there straight. FYI - One of the sheriffs pressers Indicated CBI is in charge of media for this case.

Hi...I’m a new member and have not posted yet. I’m trying to get the hang of how to post to this thread and want to make sure and follow the rules. I have become obsessed with this case and would like to participate in the convo/sleuthing but first this is a quick test to make sure I am not just replying to the last person who posted. I don’t see where it says to add a new post only reply to post.

Hi...I’m a new member and have not posted yet. I’m trying to get the hang of how to post to this thread and want to make sure and follow the rules. I have become obsessed with this case and would like to participate in the convo/sleuthing but first this is a quick test to make sure I am not just replying to the last person who posted. I don’t see where it says to add a new post only reply to post.
Welcome - you did well. may want to read the TOS if you haven't already done so.

JMO, but as a parent of teenagers, I wouldn't read anything into a camping trip. All of mine (teenagers) are getting stir crazy and have been dying to get out and do something (anything) out of the norm - especially if they can see their peers. So the kids being away doesn't sound off any bells for me.

I don't understand, though, SM being home alone. I know everyone is wired differently, but I know my wife would never be comfortable in a big, empty, remote house in the woods all by herself for a weekend. She would have tagged along on my trip, stayed with a friend, gone with the kids - something - rather than stay alone. Maybe this was normal for SM (if BM travels a lot, it's certainly possible), that would be something I'd be interested to know as well. MOO.

I think it depends on the person. I live in a remote area on 200 acres and have no problem staying at home alone when the kids and hubby are away.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member